Chapter 16: Fire 1.Y
111 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

{Ed: You thought that Rasum finally made no flaws, but it was I, Yami! 

I’m back}

There was a beautiful blue light circulating around Luna, it was brighter than the full moon in the night sky and spun around her like fireworks that were unable to explode. It made her, who was already an incredibly  beautiful young girl, look even more beautiful. 

She was breaking through. This was a crucial time for all cultivators. If one was disrupted while in this state, the least damage you will receive is your body breaking apart. 

The reason for that was, that while breaking through, a gigantic amount of energy is currently gathered inside the body and if it were to go out of control, it would rampage and greatly harm the person.

{Ed: Excursion; Break-Through}

If one wanted to explain how a break-through works it would be simpler with a example: 

A Magus takes in Energy, this Energy becomes his inner Mana. It is like another water drop into a sea that was filled by more and more of these drops. If the person breaks through, all these water drops bind together and are compressed, thus creating an even better and more solid sea. 

After a break-through the Essence Sea inside the heart of a person gets stronger and thus the person himself gets stronger. 

Only to be clear; A person gets stronger with every Energy taken in, it is just that this rise in strength is so small, that one doesn’t even really notice it, but when a break-through occurs, there is a big rise in strength, so a break-through is something very special.

{Ed: I hope it is at least a bit understandable, I tried.}

{ Author: hmmm..  ._.}

“Booom”

The blue light surrounding her made an exploding sound. It was so bright that it made the nurse and Wulan forcefully close their eyes.

The fifth level of Magus Novice.

In this small Blue-Star continent, specifically the Blood Moon province, a 15-year-old at this level was considered a top tier genius. What’s even more, her foundation was as strong as an Apprentice level cultivator. Luna was just starting her path of real cultivation. Her true potential had been restrained for fifteen years of time, now that it had finally awoken, it was a great feeling for her.

Wulan was overjoyed to once again witness the same energy as Unila’s. He couldn’t hold back a smile. To him, who never had a nice, normal human life, who never had a real family, him who was raised to, and had the burden of, defeating the Demon Monarch, his biggest happiness had been her, until...  

Even if her consciousness didn't reincarnate and only her soul did, the soul determined everything. Unlike Wulan who took over this new body, her soul was now in the body of Luna. 

His huge smile was coming straight from his heart. After Ulina died, he never had such a genuine and happy smile, even when he defeated the Demon Monarch and “saved the world”. 

Wulan didn’t smile much in his past life and he thought that now, he would smile even less.

‘I defeated the Demon Monarch, but instead of the hero who saved everyone, the people were told that I became a Demon even worse than him. My best friend was killed right besides me and all of that was because of the people whom I trusted the most, the comrades that were like my family… After all that happened, that, I would be able to have such a happy moment…’

He looked at her with eyes filled with pure warmth while thinking that. 

“How did I suddenly break through?”

Luna was surprised by the fact she broke through without doing anything at all.

”Wulan? Did you… how?”

”W-what do you mean by that, what could I do? It was probably because you were able to survive the poison. Yes, that was probably why you were able to break through. Congratulations.”

His voice was in a bit of disarray, that was because, first, he was completely elsewhere with his thoughts and secondly, because he never lied to Unila. With Wulan’s mental age and experience, lying to another person was nothing, but Luna was a different matter entirely. He didn’t want to lie to her and by extension Unila, but he couldn’t tell her, of course. The Unila’s soul that was inside her was enough to bring Him true happiness. 

It seemed as if the nurse, who was in a daze until now, woke up after she had heard the conversation between the two.

”Luna, co-congratulations! You just broke through, you are a true genius I…”

She stopped her blabbering as if she noticed something only just now.

“Huh? Did you say poison? Survive? What do you mean? Wasn’t only your Mana drained?”

She was surprised that there wasn’t any rejection of Wulan’s claim of getting poisoned. 

Luna was about to open her mouth and tell the healer the truth, but he immediately raised his voice to provide an explanation in her stead. 

”Oh I’m sorry, by poison I meant the drainage of Mana and that her condition was pretty bad, as if she was poisoned. And by “survive” I referred to the dangerous situation she was in, because she broke through while she was in a bad state. If Luna wasn’t such a genius, this break-through could have the possibility of her dying. I was so worried about her that I spouted nonsense, please forgive me.”

His voice was smooth like he was reciting a poem that was greatly memorized. Wulan didn't show anything that could make her suspect him. He had already thought of that explanation right after he mentioned the poison. 

”Anyways, we gotta get to class right now. Thank you for taking care of Luna and have a nice day.”

He pulled Luna’s hand and quickly left the room. The infirmary nurse didn’t react much, she was already in thought because she didn’t know why Wulan used the term “poison” to describe Mana drainage. But she just dismissed the thought right after.

Luna and Wulan were walking together through the academy and at the moment they were walking across a little meadow which was a bit away from the school building. After a short time She finally couldn’t restrain her curiosity while there was a bit of anxiety mixed within as well.

“Wh-“

She was about to open her mouth and inquire why he lied, but Wulan already cut her off.

“Didn’t you feel that she was acting a little weird towards you?”

Wulan’s word surprised her, but she thought about it a bit and finally said:

”Her attitude seemed a bit more polite than most normal Magus Healers would act…”

”Yes, your father had probably heard that you fainted and told the teachers and especially the nurse some things. Well, it was all to keep you safe and out of harm's way, so it is fine.”

”But still, why?”

Wulan answered that question with another question.

”So what do you think will happen if she told your father Sunir attacked you?”

Luna immediately understood the meaning. She was an intelligent girl but she was too tired because of the side effects of the poison, She broke through just now as well and she had other stuff on her mind, so didn’t really think about that.

”My father would attack the Black Poison and a war will break out in Gore City..”

”Right.”

Wulan nodded his head and turned toward the direction of the academy building. He was thinking about how to deal with the various clans and especially the Black Poison clan, Sunir was the young master of that clan after all.

Only after some time did he notice that Luna was staring at him.

”Is there something on my face?”

Wulan quipped, he had an idea of why she was staring but still asked to be sure, he hoped it was truly just something on his face, however, his prediction was right.

“You look more muscular and mature, you seem like a completely different person. You are still Wulan, right?” 

Luna’s question was more of a joke, but it struck his heart because she mentioned a question that he truly feared. Once again he had no choice but to dodge the question.

”Oh, the time of our classes is approaching! We will need to split up from here since we don't have the same attribute class. Here is your class number, be sure not to miss it.”

Wulan handed her paper teacher Shi gave you to him earlier. Magus classes were based on which year you are in and what element you have. Wulan was in the first-year Fire element class, while Luna was in first-year Light element class. A person could only learn one element each year, but it didn’t really matter, because there was no class for darkness in this little city. 

Only a few humans had a talent for the darkness element and this wasn’t a major city, so Luna could only take the Light element class.

The darkness element was one of the hardest to master. Actually, lightning was the hardest to learn and master and darkness came second place in that regard. 

However, Wulan was certain that she could master this element as well, Luna had an exceptional Essence and was a genius after all. However, he wanted Her to focus on the light element, because it was a better fit for her, the light element was about healing and helping, so it suited Luna, he thought.

But there was another reason for it as well. In this world, some races were more commonly talented with a certain element. And the darkness element was the most common with a certain race; the demons.

Some negative emotions started to well up in His heart but they dispersed immediately after he looked at Luna, because of her face, he even grinned a bit; she was pouting.

Luna could feel he was dodging her question but she didn't pry into it. Luna deeply trusted the old Wulan but for some reason, she could feel an even higher trust than before. Well, he did save her life, so she didn’t think about it more deeply.

She stopped pouting and instead looked at him with a more serious and caring face. 

“Alright, be careful and don’t get into trouble, there are many people stronger than you.”

‘That’s the second time I heard this today… The both of them seem to really deeply care about me...’

Manya also said a somewhat similar sentence to him in the morning. 

Wulan was the Martial Monarch, so nearly nobody was even qualified to tell him to be careful. He was the strongest Martial Artist and had the Rex Essence, so the warm feeling that there were those two people were truly caring about him was something he never really experienced, this made the impact it had even greater. 

As this warm feeling enveloped his heart he smiled and...

“Puff”

As Wulan patted Luna’s beautiful black hair it made a puff sound. Her whole face was red but she didn’t resist it at all. 

“Thanks for your concern, but I am more of a careful person than I look.”

Her face almost gave off steam out of embarrassment. His response was plain but what got her the most was the hand on top of her head. Before she could reply Wulan took his hands off her head and started to walk towards the direction of his classroom.

As she came back to her senses she looked after him, but he was already some distance away. She didn’t call out to him, she just touched the place he patted her at uncontrollable. She didn’t even notice it herself, but a bright smile was spread across her red face.  

Wulan passed many classroom doors and different types of classes. After a couple of minutes of searching around he finally arrived at a medium sized door that was in front of him.

==Fire 1.Y room==

This was the same name as the written words on the paper. 

Right now the only reason Wulan was joining a class for fifteen year olds was to completely understand the very basics of being a Magus. He already understood things like Mana manipulation better than anyone in this small continent, but he still couldn’t apply his knowledge and so the easiest way to learn it would be by attending a school for Magus, learning wouldn’t  be a good word for his problem. The problem was he needed to adapt to the new force that he never used before.

                                          To be continued.

3