0: Why I am here.
263 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Path of Blood

In the beginning, I had trouble distinguishing between dreams and reality. Bullied and made fun of, I fought and accomplished nothing. As I grew older, I realized my dreams were memories of a past life. A very different life from the one I knew now. 

My past life was full of machines and miracles. Lights, video, and electrical devices. A life defined by science. Yet hobbled by fools.

My new life was poor, with nothing but rags, and straw, and animals, and farming.

Until the deities came.

I didn’t believe any of the tall tales at first. Flying on swords? What is this, a cultivation novel? Then I put my hand on that crystal, saw the blue glow. Seeing that glow, I remembered:

“You really are a bitter lady, aren’t you? Well, how about it? You want to burn off all your anger and bitterness don’t you? Be my god of destruction. Show my world a reign of terror. Show them that water is something to be feared. I’m sick of watching these fools stomp around so fearlessly. Show them the dangers they’ve been so lucky to evade thus far. Make them die with regrets!”

“... are you sure you’re not the one who’s a bitter lady?”

“... shut-up. They deserve everything you will do to them. I don’t have any authority over the afterlife, so I’ve got to get my revenge while they still live.”

I wonder what they did to her. Did she try descending and living among mortals or something?

9