21. The mountain that hides more than what we see
75 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The mountain was beautiful with the forest covering it more than eighty percent, there was a lot of magical grass in it even if for the moment I have only found common grass. I recover like even these herbs because it could always be used to create poultices to heal me in case I would be injured for example. The wildlife was strange in this mountain, it was much more colorful and special. When I killed one of these creatures his energy was much purer than any creature I have encountered previously. The leap forward in my transformation did not take place as before because it was far too insufficient.

I discovered bits of information about his life through absorbing his energy, he was a carnivorous boar even though I didn't know he existed. His hiding place was two kilometers away, I think he may have been hiding things in his den. I walk over to this one to see if he had brought back any interesting items, the bandits will be able to wait an hour or two, plus I haven't found any clue as to where they are.

In front of me is a small den with an entrance so small that I will have to crawl on all fours before I can get in. 
The tunnel to access the font of the den was very long and even labyrinthine, I got lost two or three times in these paths. 
Before I got to the main room, where the boar was sleeping and tidied up, I had to crawl around for quite a while. 
When I finally got there I was quite disappointed with those I saw in this room, in all there must have been two or three items. 
Some gem, some bones from an unknown creature but there was only one thing that was really useful that caught my attention.

Boots that had a greenish aura, if they exuded magic it must be an artifact or something similar. I have never seen this style of forging, it was more harmonious and aesthetic than the vanir artefacts. I'm going to put them on because they look a lot more comfortable than my shoes, but I'm not going to activate them as it could be dangerous. When I returned to academy I would have them examined by a magister to see if they are reliable and what use they are. Blacksmiths or runemasters have always told me to never use a mysterious artifact as it could be cursed or just plain flawed.

My rune master told me an anecdote once, a woman who had found a ring in the heart of the forest, thinking that this ring was magnificent, she brought it home to show it to her husband. Her husband seeing that his wife had brought back a piece of jewelry he had not bought for her had become extremely jealous, thinking that his wife had cheated on him with someone else.

The following days he followed her he became more and more paranoid, his wife who was worried about her condition went to see her doctor for advice without knowing that her husband was following her, when her husband saw his wife and the doctor in the same room he got berserk he killed both. When the ring his wife was wearing could not swallow the energy she had, it deactivated, her husband lost the fog that covered his brain at that moment. He saw his wife lying on the ground and immediately knew that the influence was coming from the ring and there he went mad, he committed suicide shortly after telling his side to the nobles in the city where he lived.


When I finally got out of this cave I was quite relieved because the smell in it was not clear at all. I continued my search for the bandits, looking for leads, clues. This is when Cuau would have been useful, she would fly over the forest and find them in ten minutes I think. And I have a hard time finding these miserable bugs, I really hope I will find them soon.

I have to concentrate on my surroundings or it will all be dangerous, in the mountains there are hidden dangers in any case these are the ones I know from my lessons. I told myself that I will have better vision going up a tree and that is what I did, as I jumped from tree to tree I could see a little better around me. I saw something in the corner of my vision, long brown hair. Strange but I'll go see it as the same, a seductive figure that pulls away pretty quickly. I was chasing her but I never managed to catch up with her, I see her, she is an extraordinarily beautiful woman. She has bark in some places but it makes her look even more beautiful, as if nature had given her a gift.

Laughing at me, she ran, teasing me, letting me pursue her to better pass myself. She was driving me crazy, she attracted me a lot like I couldn't resist her. Her scent was becoming irresistible, I couldn't control myself, she guided me into a grove that saw the house tree that if found was to be her home. My gaze was irreversibly drawn to her gaze, her smile, those eyes, those curves that belonged to the most beautiful woman that I had seen since I was born. Her first name was huldra of those she had told me, she was a guardian of nature.

She wasn't really speaking but speaking in my head in a very beautiful voice. I couldn't think properly a haze covered my thoughts but my heart couldn't see it. We settled into her house, she served me refreshments and made me sit in her dining room. I felt like I had known her forever, like we were married. Something weird was going on I shouldn't feel it that fast, it's not normal far from it. I stealthily controlled my energy as she told me about her life as it goes up my abdomen to go to my brain because I know it will unravel my brain which cannot control itself.

After a few minutes my brain was clear enough for my headset to wake up and this creature's information to show up in front of my eyes.

[The Huldra are guardians of the forest, part of a group of Ra who protect different places.

The female Huldra is still described as incredibly beautiful and attractive, but with a bark covered back.

They can disguise themselves as young women to walk in the world of men.

The power of their illusion is only broken if someone sees their tail.

They visit communities in order to lure young unmarried men into the forest where they are kept as slaves, lovers, or sometimes the Huldra suck their lives.]

I was very surprised by this, I was thinking for five minutes and my brain only made one lap.

Izel "Why are you doing this exactly? To feed you?"

Huldra "I don't understand which ones you mean."

Izel "You know very well what I'm talking about, why you hypnotized me?"

Huldra "I would never do that, I'm a protector of the forest I can't hurt anyone"

Izel "But that's what your race is doing if I'm right, am I right?"

Huldra "I can't hide anything from you, can I?Yes my race does that, we have to do it to survive."

Izel "So do it with bad people, haven't you thought about that?"Bad people usually have fewer people missing and you can look better in the eyes of others."

Huldra “We know very little about the people we control so no one tells us. What are you going to do with me now kill me for all that i have done?"

Izel "No, I wouldn't kill you but only if you told me where the bandits are. You can help me even if you feel like it. I might even give you some energy."

Huldra "anyway i have no choice and maybe i will be bored here, i can even eat so what more i ask for."

2