38. Discovery and ceremony
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

38. Discovery and ceremony

The rest did him a lot of good, when he woke up at dawn light he was in great physical shape, since his soul is repairing fatigue, he recovers much faster. The memories of the asgardien that he accumulated were not very useful, their martial arts work much better with their genetics. Since the memories belonged to soldiers he had no memories of magic technique. One memory in particular made her think about this people, they were trained since very young, a bit like brainwashing. He understood why he was following orders to invade other people, for them their king is like a god, they have such devotion to him that it is impressive.

Today he had to go to get a ceremonial dress for tonight, he had to go as soon as possible so that he could have time to ask Itria for information. The information he wanted was about the crystal mainly. When he came out of his room he stroked the heads of these children to wake them up, then he went to have breakfast with Otr. He took advantage of being with him to ask him where to go to buy a ceremonial outfit, without a good guide he wouldn't necessarily be able to find it without wasting too much time. Otr wanted to guide him because he also had to buy an outfit, he had grown up since the last time he participated in a ceremony.

So they finished eating and those are directed to the store, the way would last about ten minutes according to Otr. They took the opportunity to discuss and tell about their day yesterday, Otr was surprised by izel's gesture to save the duke. For him it was a risky move for his friend, it worried him a little even if he was relieved for the outcome of the battle. Their road crossed many smiling people, seeing the happiness on their faces was very gratifying for the two young men. Otr had assisted his mother who had done a lot of damage to the enemies, his magic was superior to all the mages that izel knew. Itria was the pride of his son, he complimented his mother very much, for him she was the most powerful in the world. A son's love for his mother reminded izel of his own mother who had sadly passed away, and he would do anything to find her. But as he learned the laws of death for mortals like him his untouchable, for example for the asgardian they always have valhalla, the place where the glorious deaths rest.

The store they went to was a luxury tailor's store, Otr's mother had given two tickets for this store to the two boys. Thanks to her they can buy two outfits for free, she did this to please her son because her friend needed it. The tailor had to take their measurements to sew them an outfit to their size, this manipulation took a few minutes, so it was new for him that someone took his measurements. The woman who was a professional had done her stain accurately and quickly, she told them that he could come back at the end of the mastination to do their last check. To wait for their uniforms they were looking for the mother of otr to discuss, she was not at the association. So they left a message to tell her that they were looking for her. Not knowing what to do in the meantime, they walked around the book and magic stores, looking for something unique or interesting.

The damage in the city was minimal and the enemies used very little magic, so all the stores were intact, some glass was broken, but it didn't stop the shopping. They visited a second-hand bookstore, which was full of unique books. A book about the strange races of the nine kingdoms, books about enchantments and minor rituals was there as well. Izel bought all the books that were special even though he didn't know if they were true, he would read them when he had time. Otr him bought rare and strange plants and a book on alchemy entitled "Beginning Elf Alchemy". They stopped for a snack at a stand on the corner of the road, meat rolls that were really tasty.

They continued their wandering while waiting for their outfit to be ready, the city's park was beautiful in this season the flowers drink their perfume in all the surroundings. When it was time to pick up their outfit, they moved to join the tailor. When they got back to the store the woman who had measured them all the time was waiting for them to try on their clothes. Everything was in their size, izel didn't feel most comfortable with these outfits because he wasn't used to wearing this kind of clothes.

Itria had joined them at the hostel when they came home to eat, izel had a lot to ask him.
''Madam, do you know what this diamond is?'' he said, showing her his wrists.
Strange it is quite rare to see this kind of crystals and even more, graft on the skin.
''Do you know how it works? Because I know what I know approximately, but I can't access this space.
''You have to use your energy thinking about the space that is inside. How exactly did you get this? She says in an interrogative way.
I got it from the symbol of the bifrost my ability attracted me to the energy of the symbol and by absorbing it the crystal is created on my arm.

For a few minutes she showed him how to imagine the space, when he was finally able to access his storage space his face was provided with a big smile. Having a storage space was going to make his life easier when he was traveling, being able to carry all his stuff at the same time was very convenient. She told him about the soul because izel had questions about repairing his soul, she explained that when a soul is damaged she always tries to heal it, so when she has a solution to do it, she takes the initiative. She also said to reassure him that under normal circumstances a soul cannot harm its owner. This reassures her well because if she says it is what she needs to know, she has studied many subjects related to magic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time jump to the evening

The ceremony was to take place at the temple, Otr and Izel were prepared to be presentable. Weapons were not allowed in the ceremony, so Izel put them in his storage space like all these important things. His helmet was in standby mode on his skull, it was going to be accepted because in this mode, it's at most an ornament. The principle of the ceremony was that the bodies were placed on large pyres, a speech would be given by the high priest in cooperation with the duke. The speech was very beautiful and motivating, each person had a torch. One by one each person carried his torch to the pyre, while five priests sang a song. A melancholic song that became more and more energetic with time, when the whole pyre was totally on fire the people gathered for a few minutes in silence.

A meal was prepared to invite them all, the drink was flowing to celebrate life. Everyone sang or danced, it showed that life would go on. Itria invited her son to dance first, the dance was beautiful and moving. Izel got a proposal from some woman but the dance was not a subject he knew at all so he refused. These young lady who was refused was disappointed by this fact but they were taking her away one by one so as not to lose face.

2