39 . Beginning of mission to have a higher rank
46 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

39 . Beginning of mission to have a higher rank

The day after the ceremony, things started again as before. Training for all the fighters had become mandatory, in case there was a new battle everyone had to be synchronized. The battle didn't go perfectly, a lot of unnecessary death had happened. This had an impact on the sequence of events, all the soldiers were in different missions to learn in different situations. Among the adepts of magic the young people were also trained, missions in the surrounding area had been given to most of them. Otr had been on a mission with his mother, a mission that they did not want to share information. Missions was given according to the rank of each follower, they all received a teleportation talisman to come back quickly enough if ever there are enemies in the city.

Izel had waited for him until today to be sent on a mission, he had prepared everything, had his helmet and spear repaired. The blacksmith had reminded him of something he had forgotten, his spear could fire plasma bullets. For too powerful enemies it's not useful but for the weaker ones it's useful, for hunting for example. It had gone out of his head because most of these fights were on fairly strong enemies, a lot of things had gone out of his head lately and he doesn't know why, he wasn't like that before. He never really wants to think about this kind of thing.

The mission he received from the association was a long term mission, he had to go to a mine far enough to retrieve yield reports, he also had to observe in the mine if there are exotic minerals. This mission was one given by the association and by the Duke. The Duke wanted information about the exploitation of the mine, the association wanted to be sure of a rumor circulating about this mine. When a mine was exposed to energy for a long time certain things can change, either the ores or the monsters that become stronger. The investigation that was requested was a routine investigation, to study the concentration of energy. Then check the mine for monsters or mineral curiosities. A book was provided to him for all known specifications of that mine, descriptive text of the ores, monster or general environment was given to him.

After this mission the wise men told him that he could take the exam to have the rank of novice sorcerer, thanks to this he could have more resources than he has now. For now he should fulfill this mission before thinking about the reward, the mission should not last so long if the mines were not so far away. He had to go to the south, the trip was rather comfortable on necalli, his back and his walk are quite smooth. He prefers to ride on necalli because cuau would get tired much faster by flying with someone on his back. izel's weight had gone down a lot since he had a storage space, he took a lot of things, like plants or pills for care but also a tent.

During the trip he was riding on the dirt road, he didn't hurry because he didn't lack time on this mission. In the mission files he received, there is no time limit. Having taken a lot of books with him he took the time to read some, he can now read by covering the surroundings with his energy to detect possible enemies. When it gets dark he plants the aunt by moving a little away from the road, during the night it is better to stay near the campfire. Monsters are generally more active at night, so are bandits because people are often less reactive at night. They shared the surveillance between cuau and izel, necalli is not so suitable for the role. Both was generally less tired because one did not walk and the other hovered a lot while flying, during his watch izel was reading a book on practical spells of everyday life. Spells like "light" or "cleaning", simple but very practical spells in everyday life.

 

The road passed quite well they crossed some creature but nothing very strong, different plants were found by izel and necalli. Necalli is really good at finding rare plants as if he had a detector, he found a magical creeper during a trip into the woods to find wood for the fire. His nose pointed a direction while sending feelings of happiness and curiosity into the link with izel, he headed towards a tree in the north. A creeper was hanging on this big tree, this creeper released visible magic with the special view of izel. It was a creeper that could be used for a decoction to improve people's skin, he landed on his way back from the tree and izel took out a pot to prepare the decoction and apply it on his skin later.

The creeper had to be cooked for ten minutes infusing energy into the pot. Izel applied it on him but not only, he put some on the weak points of these children. There are places on their child's body where the skin is more fragile, such as the wings of cuau or the legs of necalli. The balm had to stay on the skin for one hour, after that it had to be washed in clean water. An average resistance to stabbing was achieved with this cream, but only on the areas exposed to the decoction. Izel put it on certain areas like her neck and her belly, these areas are often used in assassinations and it frightens him the most because often you can't detect them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One week time skip

During this week nothing happened, nothing special was found on their way. The mine was only a few hours away from where they are now, he had to meet the mine manager in the village near the mine. The village was quite small but pretty all the same, there were farmers at the edge of the village. They grow pumpkin and bean crops, izel is interested in the crops because it can be very useful for medicinal herbs. He will surely live on this planet for a few years, so he will have to earn money with something secondary, like selling plants or creating enchantments. He should take orders when he has time, maybe buy a small store.

The manager of the mine was an old man, quite nice according to the first impression. The exploitation report was quickly enough to recover, he would go to flip through it tonight when he would be in his room that the manager had lent him for tonight. They ate together while discussing the rumors that were running about the monsters around, the man told him that there were some strange monsters in connection with something unusual. Usually the creature was rather without elements, or at the rigor of the element nature. Tomorrow he should go into the mine to see exactly which ones he has, he should consolidate his energy before going into the cave if there are strange energies, if he consolidates it, the outside energies will not be able to easily infiltrate his body.

2