47 . His own house
50 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

47 . His own house

Once the two animals were recovered, Rose guided izel to her home. This building that the Duke had offered him with his knighthood was not a huge building but it was enough for the three people. The building was close to the palace in the limit of the city center, the facade was white and nicely decorated. There were two floors, the main door was a very large double door. The duke chose this particular house because the children of izel could enter quietly, because he suspected that he preferred this one. When they entered the building izel was guided by rose, he only had the basic runes in the foundation of the building. He should surely modify some of them to be more suitable, to at least detect intruders.

Inside this house there was already some furniture, they are not all there, he should surely buy some to complete. Expenses that are not necessarily useful for the moment, it would not be much there for the moment so long as he has a hair to cook and a bed to sleep. Rose didn't feel the same way about this house, she was used to bigger but for izel this was her first real home. They visited every room of the house, it even has a cellar to store food. It had two bedrooms and a bathroom, one of the bedrooms was on the ground floor. The door of this room will have to be modified so that cuau and necalli can come into his room, the doors of the rest of the ground floor was big enough for him to pass through.

Rose returned to the palace, he was alone in this house. He has to go to a carpenter to modify the door, and order furniture. He sent a message to the two little ones so that he wouldn't worry and that he would come to pick them up at the end of the morning. What he wanted to do in the morning is to gather all the things he would need for his house, such as enchantment tools, furniture, metalworking tools and jewelry to try new things. He wanted to test by infusing energy into a crystal to see what would happen by enchanting afterwards, he hoped it would be more durable. He discovered a rune recently that could suck energy from the atmosphere to replenish its energy, a crystal being almost eternal it could be very profitable for me if I sell them to the elf or the vanir.

First stop for him was the cabinetmaker for the door, his store is not so far from his house. His workshop was full of woods of different species, woods that looked very solid. Izel was waiting for the cabinetmaker to come in front of him, when he arrived he started a discussion:

"Good morning, would you like to tell me what you need me for?"
"Hello sir, yes, I would like to use you to resize a door of my house, do you do that?"
"I'm good at that, would that be a front door or a door to a room in the house?"
"For a room, and I'd like to know if you also have any furnished rooms for sale?"
"Are you just getting settled in? Yes, yes, I make furniture. My wife runs a store where the furniture I make is for sale."

 

"Yes I was offered a house so I'm going to settle down, when can you come for the work? I'll give you a list of the furniture I'll need as well."
"I can make myself available right now if you want."
"Thank you, I'll guide you to my house."

The cabinetmaker put the tool in his cart, and let izel guide him. According to those he saw the work was not very complicated, he told izel that he could come back in a couple of hours and it would be finished. He went around to all the stores where he had useful supplies, he even went to the market to buy food for this week, he of course put everything in his storage crystal. He found some very interesting tools to inscribe runes, engraving tools for jewelry were harder to find but a blacksmith had an energetic engraver that he bought recently but he couldn't serve him because he didn't have any talent for that. So he sold him for a few gold coins, izel's economy wasn't especially great but he could afford it.

Once all the shopping was done he took them home, put them in their place and watched the work. There was only a few finishing touches left and the cabinet maker would have finished, so he prepared a drink for the craftsman while he waited for it to be finished. The craftsman drank his drink and took his fee and left, izel went to pick up the children at the palace to show them the new house. Izel had installed a nesting box in the room for Cuau to perch a little, for necalli he prepared a huge pillow for him to sleep on, the room was big enough for all of them. At the time of seeing the house, both animals were very happy, but their feelings were accentuated when they discovered their respective beds.

For weeks he practiced engraving crystals, at the beginning it was very bad, the rune was very male engraving and the energy was not well distributed at all. He had to try and try again for hours to barely succeed, to engrave on crystal he must not have made a single mistake otherwise he would not get a second chance. As he worked he managed to engrave a rune but this would not be useful for traveling so he sold them for a little money and bought some quartz crystals to continue training. This continued until a sequence of runes could be engraved, the first sequence he made was an alarm for his house which would be connected to his crystal to be warned even if he was not in the house.

The children walked around the city to stretch their legs, the inhabitants were used to seeing them walking around. They even received food, the neighbors liked to see them around, especially the children who always asked to ride on them. Cuau and necalli loved the innocence of the children so they always accepted their request, having so much love from the locals made their father proud of them. Izel shared their walk sometimes so that he didn't feel abandoned, he learned a rune for them, he wanted to make a storage tool for them but it was too hard, he had to give up. Much news had been reported from the front, a huge battle had taken place in the capital. No one had any news yet of who really has this conflict but it should not be long now.

2