Chapter 33 – Laws Keeper
49 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although the depressing atmosphere of the death-still world was not pleasant, the loving couple would still prefer it more than the lively but dangerous world of darkness that they had experienced a little while ago.

They remained motionless and silently appreciated the restored peace that had left them since the start of the nightmare period. The quiet howling of the wind would occasionally breeze across their figures, enveloping them in the cool puff that reminded them of their memory before coming to the lifeless world.

Although their body seemed relaxed and unguarded, their mind was very attentive to their surrounding, eyeing for every minute change that would threaten them in their weakened state, hoping to prevent the crisis before it did them any harm.

However, the most important reason why they didn't relax their guard was that the presence of the dark hand that still floated rigidly, struggling at the edge of the rift in space that connected the world of the unknown to the world of the dull colour. The world of darkness gradually dragged the black hand back to its origin, commanding the creatures of corruption to hide from the light.

The silhouette trembled furiously as its prays were about to escape its hunt because of their luck and wits, not willing to go back to its region. The soundless roar that expressed its anger travelled forth into the foggy surrounding, showing the world the wrath of the monster.

Its shout created a faint shockwave that corrupted the surrounding into the black matter, turning its dull appearance into the disgusting appearance before causing the natural trees and rocks to disintegrate into the black fluid, leaving behind the corrupted waste that no realm wanted.

Suddenly, the world of dullness ceased its movement, along with the abrupt stop of the dark hand's motion. In the stillness that shocked the couple, the white mist slowly made way for the glowing shape of a slim, feminine figure that had no facial appearance. The person turned her head towards the dark hand, causing it to shiver in terror as it stopped resisting the suppression force of the rift and rushed into it without any hesitation.

The figure raised its hand and pointed towards the closing rift, disrupting the power from the void to interfere, stopping the crack from closing onto itself and pulling the fleeing hand out from its hiding place, smashing it onto the ground.

The shockwave created from the impact caused the ground to tremble, collapsing onto itself as the remaining force from the collision pulled a part of the earth out from its mother's embrace, sending it flying all over the ground.

A spectacular scene of a descending calamity revealed itself as the contaminated elemental particles went chaotic and surged with frenzy, popping into existence and annihilated each other on the impact, releasing energy into the surrounding and producing coloured lights, tainting the vast yet dull world with a tiny yet colourful light.

The force left behind from the collision caused the large branch of the majestic tree that shielded the couple from the cruel rain to collapse, clearing a route for rainfall to flow into, soaking the area as a result. The humid from the storm also extinguished the icy bonfire, ending its process of consuming heat.

After the hand had suffered the impact, it quickly rose from the ground and tried its best to flee from its nightmare, ignoring the severe injuries it had. Its originally flawless hand had turned rubbish and ruined, leaking out the unknown black liquid that resembled the blood of the ordinary humans. Various parts of its hand had fallen onto the ground, exposing its twisted flesh of blackness that hid inside its shell.

However, before such a formidable being, its feeble attempt at survival was fruitless and wasteful. The moment the dust from the impact rose above the sky, the lady of whiteness muttered a phase of an unknown language, which only transmitted through the sorcery energy and not through sound, making the normal persons not be able to hear them unless they monitored the movement of the elemental particles in the area.

Accompanied by the unpronounceable phase, the white expanse that stretched towards the dazed height of the unknown achromatism vibrated as the multi-coloured light descended from the endless slope, covering the area around the dark hand and the crater originated from the impact of the collision.

The overwhelming descension of the stream of vivid light continuously produced waves of sound and energy that cleared the surrounding fog and mist, dispelling the hazy cloud that blocked the dull scenery from the naked eyes.

The blinding light instantly filled the area, showering the world with strange and obscure symbols. They continuously arranged themselves in new ways, manipulating the natural elemental particles as they did so, creating ripples of sorcery that suppressed the weakened hand.

Because the mystical spell expelled an enormous amount of elemental particles, the neighbouring landscape turned chaotic as the overflowing sorcery energy started to affect its surrounding. The unchanging sky rapidly shifted its colour into a combination of newer shade, from white to red to blue to green and so on.

The chaotic and flooding lightning elemental particles broke the balance of the world, attracting lightning and thunder from the depressing cloud, striking the earth with its unpredictable destruction. The temperature of the region suddenly dropped then heated up in a blink of an eye, causing the air pressure to turn unstable, generating strong winds and frenzied storms, further agitating the rainstorm.

Sensing the changes, Ocelia tightly held Forus onto her hand as she and he stumbled towards one of the natural shelter formed by the pale tree. They both then used this opportunity to absorb the crazed sorcery energy and elemental particles to refill their body.

Because of the power of the feminine figure, both Forus and Ocelia could use the waste produced by the female silhouette as its purity was more than their hard-earned one. With it, Ocelia could feel that her sorcery cultivation was slowly advancing, trying it best to breakthrough into the middle stage of the first-ranked sorceress.

However, knowing the situation, Ocelia decided to abandon the precious opportunity and forcefully stopped her advancement, and instead, she used them to fasten her rate of recovery to heal most of her external injuries and suppressed her troublesome internal injuries. She knew that in this uncertain moment, abandoning her safety to break through was only a painful way of suicide.

Forus also didn't laze around as he silently contemplated his next objectives. He, who had lost both of his eyes and one of his hand, needed to find a way to compensate his weaknesses before the unknown danger in this realm could exploit it and ended him. Forus was perfectly fine with having no eyes as he could still use his other senses to pinpoint his enemy, as well as connecting himself with Ocelia to temporary use her point of view.

However, having only one hand would make his mobility and versatility fall at the abyssal rate, reducing most of his cards and weakening most of his ability to use wits to clear the obstacle. If he didn't fix it quick, the spiritual seed that was currently hibernating might wake up and used its roots to prevent him from ever recovered his hand ever again.

Outside of the shelter, the ever-changing phenomenon began to subside as the feminine goddess of white erased the evil hand from existence, destroying even the faintest presence of its being as it had violated the supreme laws of the dull and senseless world. The remaining reason for the strange peace and stability between the day and night was such rules.

After the keeper of rules had passed her judgement to the outlaw of the night, she turned her attention towards the pitiful lovers, laying onto the ground as they both tried their best to absorb the waste of her spell, using them to speed up their healing and refilling their empty body with sorcery energy.

She waved her white hand, creating strange motion that transmitted the incomprehensible command towards the ever-changing symbols, causing them to stop their transformation to receive the order of their creator respectfully.

Upon translating the edict of their creator, the symbols began to vibrate, spreading itself into the distance, towards the natural shelter that the recovering couple was resting in. The symbols slowed their speed before silently circling the house, probing said shelter with its sorcery power to observe the living creatures that resided in it.

Noticing that the commotion from the outside had abruptly stopped, the two spontaneously raised their guard as they slowly moved their hands, forming the silent formations that could slow the enemies to give the couple enough time to plan.

However, the unsurpassable difference in strength had shattered the hopeful thinking of the two, breaking and scattering every bit of their resistance. The symbols undeviatingly bypassed most of the weaker formations and directly ignored each of the all-out attacks and spells threw by both of them, absorbing them like how a sponge swallowed the water into it, not feeling anything.

One of the symbols rushed towards Ocelia and imprinted itself onto her chest, turning into the bluish tattoo that took the shape of a snowflake, slowly fusing with Ocelia's body and becoming a part of her. Another symbol also inscribed itself onto Forus, merging with his skin and changing its shape into a greyish skull, emitting dark, depressing aura towards the surrounding.

Before Ocelia could do anything, Forus held her hand back as he shook his head, signalling her to calm down and not to do anything rashly. He knew that the entity with such overwhelming power would be able to kill them both without any effort. Submitting to such a monster would give them a better chance to survive.

Realising her lover's intention, Ocelia stopped her action and began to observe the surrounding as well as the general landscape that previously got blocked by the dusty mist. At the distant land, a towering structure had attracted her attention with its white, reflective and smooth surface. Its height had made it the pillar between the earth and the endless sky, making it remarkably noticeable if not for the fuzzy environment to conceal it.

After one glare, the scenery of it immediately captivated her feminine mind, calling her to come towards it. However, at the thought of her partner and how he lost both of his eyes, her desire slowly vanished, and instead, making her felt sadness for her life-long companion.

Before long, Ocelia set her sight at the white figure that single-handedly annihilated the hand that toyed with both of their life, observing every bit of the figure's characteristic before looking back at herself, sensing the movement in the blue tattoo.

The figure looked at Ocelia, staring into her soul through the windows of her soul, making her felt comfortable. However, after a moment, the lady in white shifted her vision onto the blind man, studying him for a while, shorter than when she was observing Ocelia.

Seeing that the order had restored itself, the keeper of laws waved her white hand, sucking the chaotic elemental particles that caused the rampaging change around the landscape into her body, forcefully terminating all of the shift in the world.

Along with the withdrawal of the sorcery energy, the instantaneous shift in temperature returned to its icy yet peaceful state, ending the creation of strong winds and frenzy storms. The mist that got expelled by the previously expanding light began to return to its original state, covering the world from the onlookers to see its majestic view again.

With one wave of her hand, the entire world became silent, returning to its dull and emotionless state. Because of her excellent strength, the chaotic environment became as tame as a house pet, following every command coming from her.

Finally, the enclosing mist covered her silhouette before obstructing the view of Ocelia. After the fog subsided, the figure was gone, leaving behind nothing that could indicate that such a powerful being had descended onto this realm.

The world was silent and cold, chilling to the point of freezing, leaving only two living, breathing humans, silently consulting each other. However, unbeknownst to Forus Ander, inside of Ocelia Coruscare's mind, her soul was burning with great desire to become strong, as strong as the figure that appeared and disappeared at will, covering the world with one hand and changing the fate of the insignificant beings at will.

At the moment, the tattoo started to show its effect.

1