Chapter 8 – Political Struggle
226 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Forus Ander felt that someone was watching him. He focused his conscious and unleashed a detection spell, only to receive nothing suspicious, but that only caused him to become even more anxious.

"Undetectable and unseen, the treasure of the sorcerer family is very amazing." For someone was keen as him, this was very obvious to deduce who was behind this feeling of uneasiness.

Without any hesitation, Forus immediately direct his mental energy into an ordinary ring on his left hand, causing it to shine brightly before shattered into fragments of light and flew toward the sky. The light smashed into an invisible object and destroyed the space around it. The explosion sound echoed the forest before everything returned to its state.

Forus watched everything unfolded with his emotionless eyes, but inwardly, he felt pity that the treasured ring which he got following the struggle against blue-robed man would be employed this quick.

After a while, Forus felt his whole body became paralysed. The sensation was very valid and genuine, causing him to frown. He promptly accelerated his speed before he blended in with the forest. He would leave this city and hide away from the Coruscare Family, more importantly, he would never appear in front of that woman again.

"Found you." Interrupted by a voice, Forus quickly jumped away from his current location and threw a bottle of unknown liquid into his former position. The spilt liquid didn't catch its target and dissolved the plants around it.

"As expected of someone who could escape the encirclement of the Coruscare Family, you sure have some awareness." A figure approached Forus casually. His yellowish hair was very eye-catching, coupled with his reddish eyes, it gave him the air of a hunter.

Forus slowly retreated back while observing the man before him. He was waiting for the man to make his move first. The man smiled and stared right back at him, waiting for Forus to make his move first. The deadlock was formed after a short while. The one who moved first would lose.

"What do you want?" Getting stuck in the midst of escaping was not an ideal situation Forus wanted. He had to break the deadlock or else the Coruscare Family would get hold of him.

"Nothing much, really. If you could obediently go back with me and fought the Coruscare Family for my family, that would be for the best." The man was one of the opposing families that had their eyes on the asset of the Coruscare Family.

Forus relaxed his body and nodded his head without any hesitation. The man also smiled back with a warming smile. He had the upper hand in the negotiation because he had nothing to lose while there were consequences waiting for Forus.

Forus kneeled down and bowed his head, giving an image of a servant greeted his master, but, Forus instantly threw out three tubes of corrosion liquid at the man and jumped toward him.

Facing the sudden turn of event, the man expression darkened. He couldn't escape the corrosion radius of the potion. Half of his face rotted away upon the contact, causing him to scream in pain and despair. The body of the sorcerer apprentices couldn't withstand the corrosion of the exotic liquid.

"How dare you?!" His question was met with an empowered punch. Forus wouldn't let his enemy stabilized himself and used their treasures to fight him. He took the initiative and punched the man consecutively, leaving that man to helplessly defend for himself.

Although the man was one of the young masters of the noble family, his combat ability was very high. After being on the losing side for a bit of time, he decided to weaken the force of a punch and used the remaining force to send himself flying and land on the safe distance, effectively widen the distance between Forus and himself while giving himself an ample time to balance himself.

But how could Forus give him any time? He instantly jumped to the man, closing in rapidly without any care for the obstructing plants or rocks in the way. Along with his flight, the black flame engulfed his fist, causing the skin to turn black and released rotten smell, the smell of death.

His fist accurately landed on the man's chest, creating a cracking sound of bone-shattering. Despite using both of his hands to block the hit, he still couldn't defend against the ruthless and destructive strike. His body was sent flying and struck into a giant boulder, causing him to cough out blood.

Without any moment of resting, another round of flying bottles was thrown toward the location of the boulder. Although Forus himself didn't have any strong and explosive long range spells, he still had his various types of potions to compensate for his weak points.

The sound of the explosion could be heard as the giant boulder was blown to smithereens due to the strange reaction that was created by a mixture of different potions. During the moment between life and death, the necklace that was concealed within the man's robe flashed, creating a one-time barrier to protect its owner.

The invisible barrier spontaneously enveloped his entire body, protecting him from the large explosion. Although the treasures of the sorcerer family were great, no one would give the best treasures just for one of the descendants when he or she couldn't even become the true sorcerer.

Even then, the barrier absorbed much of the impact before it shattered. Without any treasure to protect his severely injured body, the man was once again launched into a nearby tree, slamming into it and knocking the tree down. His broken body lied on the ground, his legs were broken during one of the explosion, incapacitating his ability to move freely.

"Why? Why did you do this? Don't you afraid of the power of the Ninguis Family?" Ninguis Family was another clan that rooted in the city. It was an opposing force that rivalled the Coruscare Family. They had received the information about Forus getting the attention of the strongest mistress of the Coruscare Family, so, they decided to use him as a pawn to destroy the reputation of Coruscare Family before finally disposing of him.

"Such bad luck, escaping the superpower only to find another one. Constructively offend both of them at the same time." Without wasting any precious time, Forus created a sealing dorm of ice and snapped the man's neck while concealing his appearance and disguised his aura as one of the Coruscare Family.

He never trusted himself to be able to avoid the detection of the giant powerhouse, so, he had openly disguised himself as the Coruscare Family for Ninguis Family to get an excuse to demerit the fame and demerit the influence of the Coruscare Family. None of the families would be free enough to chase a junior like him, effectively giving himself a buffer time.

But all those results would only matter if he could avoid this crisis first. Everything would be void if he got caught by either of the families. They would certainly involve him in their political battlefield and disposed of him off once they exhausted his usage.

Forus turned around and started running again. This time, he skillfully hid his track and instead of running outward away from the city, he slowly navigated his way toward the city again.

Although both families would be at war soon, it was simply impossible for their clansman to not try to search for him. They would naturally order their servants to keep watch of him, both of them would race against each other to find him.

In order to not waste any time, they would begin to search around the forest and at the nearest city, none would have thought that Forus would dare to come back and hide in the city.

"My new appearance needs to be much more convincing than the first one." Making up his mind, he quickly pulled out a short dagger and slash his own face, causing blood to gush out madly. Forus suppressed the pain and used his healing potion to heal his wound but he intentionally let the scar remain. He used his dagger to create holes on his own robe until they looked worn out as if they had been used for a long time.

Satisfied with his new look, Forus began to hunt some preys to further solidify his disguise to be the real hunter.

...

Since the incident that shattered her confidence, Ocelia Coruscare hadn't spoken any word that didn't relate to him, the man who had blue eyes. She had become obsessed with his sky-like eyes, no, she had become obsessed with his entire existence.

Her sorcerer power had risen to a greater height after she experienced her first failure. It was a hidden fortune under a disaster. Her state of mind had been unchanging ever since.

"Mistress, the respected lord had dispatched an expert to capture that man. With the help of him, you will have his eyes as soon as possible." The old butler who was pouring black tea for his mistress reported the news to Ocelia. Seeing that she stopped her train of thought and stared at him, his mind trembled as sweats ran down from his aged face.

He was suppressed both physically and mentally by her gaze alone. After her transforming, she became like an entirely new person. Her gaze could peer into the deepest part of the observed one.

"His eyes? They are not enough. All of them, I want all of his. His body, his mind and his soul, I want every bit of them." Her eyes flashed and slowly transformed into that of a snake. They were the eyes of a hunter.

"This one shall inform the respected lord about your command." The butler's voice was shaky. There were hints of profound emotion such as fear and respect in his words.

After that, the butler went to inform the family head, leaving Ocelia Coruscare sitting there alone, thinking about that man. Thinking about that beautiful eyes, she touched her own eyes. She could know that her eyes would feel the same as that man's eyes.

"My lovely doll, I shall have you soon. Very soon, I could sense it with my eyes." Chuckling to herself, she smiled and took a sip of her favourite black tea. Although it used to be delicious, she couldn't differentiate between it or water anymore.

She knew that she herself had lost control over her emotion when she thought about him, but why should she care? It was very beneficial for her to catch him because she might break through the third layer and become the true sorcerer.

To embrace one's inner self, to accept one's obsession. The more obsessive you were, the harder you would achieve your goal and the stronger you would be once successfully completed their wishes.

...

"Mistress, your disciple had broken through the bottleneck and become the peak of the third layer today." A beautiful lady spoke to her teacher, her voice contained various emotions and gave off the cheerful mood. Her every movement was adorable and gentle to the utmost, anyone who saw her would appreciate her beauty.

"Little Florie, remember that the outside world is not like our flying garden. The sorcerers outside of our sect are ruthless and evil." The teacher reminded her disciple again. She had had a very tragic experience in the past.

She waved her hand, causing the wood element energy to gather around her and condensed itself into a ball of green light. She extended her hand and gently touched the ball of light, reforming it into a wooden ring that had an emerald gem engraved in it.

Not only that, but the kind teacher also pulled out a staff that was covered with small and delicate flowers and handed the treasure to her disciple. There were an enormous amount of sorcerer energy and various protection spells sealed inside the staff, they were made to protect the little miss when she met with danger.

"This is all I can do to help you. The path toward sorcery was filled with sadness and grief. You must not lose to the temptation and forget your root." Little Florie bowed her head to show respect to her mentor. She bid her farewell and slowly departed out of the resident that she and her teacher always lived in.

"Don't worry, teacher, I shall not disappoint you and breakthrough as soon as possible. With my talent and your guidance, it won't take long for me to come back." The little miss muttered excitedly, this was her first time to go out of the sect to gain experience. Although she tried to be cautious, her unrefined state of mind still thought that the outsiders were no match for herself and her teacher.

4