Chapter 73 – Similarly Strange
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Covering his other arm with Death Aura, Forus slammed his fist onto the blood-covered arm. Although he was able to strike the arm freely, he also had no way of dodging the traded strikes.

When compared the physical strength between the two, the body of a servant of a sorcerer family would never be able to catch up with the foundation created by the legendary Death Aura. However, Forus' explosive power could not match the sinister formation.

The wind howled past the two struggling figures, leading swamps of leaves and branches towards Lord Phasma. The greenish glow that illuminated their exterior had attracted the attention of Lord Phasma.

In that moment of distraction, Abicel broke the formation of the crimson hands and came forward to assist Forus. Her affection with Wood Element had increased the destructive power of her Wood spells. She had enhanced every leaf and branch, sharpening their edge and used them as the killing formation.

Witnessing the example of the late young master of the Ninguis Family, Abicel and Forus used only a gesture and fluctuation of sorcery energy to come into agreement. If they did not cooperate and fail to kill the possessed Avidas, they would be the one who died.

The blood beneath Lord Phasma had evaporated due to the flame of the Death Aura, making it impossible for him to generate that many of the crimson hands. As a result, he could only block parts of the flying blades.

Knowing that he fell into a trap, Lord Phasma did not seem to care and continued to assault Forus, trying to finish him off at the expense of his defence. He was essentially making a calculated gamble.

If Forus died before he got critically injured, he would win. However, if Forus did not perish, then he would, without a doubt, be the one who died.

The bloody figure and the corpse-like man endured the killing array while exchanging blows, striving to hold onto their consciousness. Wounds upon wounds piled up, filling their body with blood and tendrils.

Abicel could only watch as she prayed to the World Will, wishing for Forus to succeed. Although she could increase the intensity of the killing array, it would be a disadvantage for Forus. According to her memory, this man was the best at endurance, judging from the Steel Cauldron Recruitment Test.

Outside of the commotion, Ocelia staggered towards her fallen heart as she gripped at her open chest wound. Although she would not die because of a simple injury, she would fall if her sorcery energy and life force deplete due to a lack of the heart.

Despite feeling the searing pain every moment her body moved, she did not stop her advance and quickly arrived before the weakly-pulsating heart. It was full of cracks and rifts, leaking out fluid and dissolving.

Placing it in her hand, Ocelia felt a subtle connection and a funny feeling. Every time the heart throbbed, she would feel a tickling sensation as well as the pulsation from her heart.

Knowing that she must not be late, she quickly inserted her hand inside her open chest and placed the heart inside. The process was quick and efficient, as well as weird and stimulating. The sensation of touching her inner organs and nerves were very fresh in her mind.

The wound closed by itself, and her body began to function again. She felt the refreshing sorcery energy rushing through her crystal veins and circulation flows. The darker tone of the exterior also recovered to the initial bright, glowing state.

Looking at Forus, she lifted her hand and silently chanted. The mystical silhouette of a heart covered in thorn-filled roses emerged behind her, sending out the transparent link that rushed towards Forus, aiming at his soul inside his realm of consciousness.

Two souls, two bodies, their emotions intertwined endlessly, sharing thoughts and feelings. The darkness of Forus became bright as he gained the vision from Ocelia. The pain he experienced lessened. It transferred to Ocelia, causing her to grab her chest in panic.

Waving her hand gracefully, Ocelia closed her eyes as she tried to sense the mystical presence of the Death Aura. Although she could not control or manipulate it, Forus could guide her to do so.

With her intensified senses, Ocelia felt a hint of darkness, so potent that it absorbed all Elements without end. The swamp of blackness moved towards her fingertip, coiling around it. The mere presence caused Ocelia's crystal-smooth skin to fade in colour, showing a sign of decay.

However, she did not care about the superficial damage and continued to gather the Death Aura. Only when they formed a finger-sized ray of black light did she pointed her tip towards the entangled figures.

Using the last bit of sorcery energy to make the final push, Ocelia sent the Ice Element to cover the black light's surface, forming ice covering that concealed the darkness within.

A soft wind birthed into the world as an icy needle moved through space, arriving before the two figures. Lord Phasma had been focusing all of his attention at Forus and Abicel, causing a lapse of judgement regarding Ocelia's condition.

Linking with her, Forus knew when to dodge and restrain Lord Phasma. Without any mistake, he sidestepped and punched towards Lord Phasma, forcing him to block his fist and take the needle. Although Lord Phasma tried to twist his body to evade it, the black tendrils coiled around him and chained him in place.

The black needle exploded in a black colour as the Death Aura covered the area, forming a black fog. The mist obstructed Lord Phasma vision, as well as his ability to control the blood formation. With this, he would lose the primary power that dominated the situation.

Lacking in master, the blood pools around the wildness began to dry off, evaporating into nothingness. The destruction of the formation quickly affected the remaining crimson hands, reducing their offensive power.

The floating platform finally broke away from the formation. Although the decorating flowers had withered and dried off, the magical wooden exterior was still in excellent condition, implying that Abicel was okay.

The cover of the platform opened as a nature fairy made her way out. Every step of her flower-covered figure implanted the natural Wood Element onto the bloody ground, making the grasses and flowers grew to cover her path.

Beneath her tattered sorcerer robe, leaves, flowers and vines came together to cover her private parts, showing only a glimpse of her alluring body for the imagination to run wild. Not only did her light-green skin pleasant to look at, but the transparent butterfly-like wings on her back also added awe into the onlookers' mind.

In her fast-paced stroll, the green path of flowers and plants led towards Ocelia whose body laid beside a bloody tree. Although she was panting in exhaustion and enduring the pain, her eyes never left the mist-filled centre of the battlefield.

Even if she could feel his position from their shared mind, she could not feel at ease when her eyes could not lay a gaze onto his rotten yet captivating figure.

Abicel looked at Ocelia, marvelling in her icy beauty. Although she had seen many treasures and accessories, none could come close to the smooth crystal-like skin of the maiden before her.

As a non-human, Abicel felt a sense of dissonance and loneliness. However, when standing beside Ocelia, she could feel a sense of belonging. Because Abicel was a nature fairy, and Ocelia was an Elemental Spirit, the two could relate and sympathize with their experience.

In the end, Abicel sat down beside Ocelia and leaned onto her, letting their head bumped onto the other. The greenery furnished around the two, lightening the atmosphere of life and death. While Ocelia was exuding the cool breezes, Abicel was playing with the butterflies and flowers.

Two strange beauties gazed towards the hazy fog, wishing for the triumphant return of Forus. They knew that the outcome of this battle would determine their life and death, but they could not do anything to help Forus.

"Miss Ocelia, may I be so bold to inquire you about Falsus?" In a stressful circumstance, Abicel tried to relieve the tension by asking a random question.

"He's a man of few words. It's as if he knows about everything but decides against talking about it. Although we don't exchange words that often, I'm content with staying beside him." Having nothing else to do, Ocelia casually answered the question.

"How envious. It's nice having someone whom you can lean on. You're a very fortunate woman, you know?" After getting through thick and thin together, Abicel began to loosen her restrain with this young mistress of the Coruscare Family.

"Living with him is enough for me, as for the future, only time will tell." The two seemingly forgot about their previous fight, where they tried to kill each other. Now, not only did they sit near each other, but they also did a little girl talk.

...

Holding a Life Lantern in his hand, the Sect Leader prayed for one last time. The Elders behind him lowered their heads as they paid respect to the Sect Leader, as well as the pale figure that laid inside a crystal-clear coffin.

"Although his life has ended, we shall forever remember his contribution." Uttering the last sentence with solemn, Sect Leader finally placed the Life Lantern into the coffin. He watched as the flame engulfed the coffin, disintegrating the peaceful passing of his old friend.

Everyone presented chanted the same. Some were weeping, while some stayed silent. Most had already prepared themselves for this day, but many were not able to hold their grief in control.

"As his friend, you all know that his passing has deeply affected me. However, I know, in the depth of my heart, that he wouldn't want his death to restrain us. So, as the Sect Leader, as well as his close friend, I implore you all. Please, do not let this bring our spirit down!" The sound of clenching fists, as well as the applause, echoed the surrounding. The Sect Leader smiled to his fellow sect members before bowing his head towards his friend one last time.

As he departed from the funeral, the Elders also followed suit. Although the speech had somewhat reignited their determination, none had felt that the situation was any better. The looming threat was pressuring them without any end.

The demise of this man was not unexpected, but it was too soon, shocking even the Sect Leader himself. As one of the last peak-staged second-ranked sorcerers, he should be able to last against the internal injury for a lot longer.

The man had already determined to die in the glorious battle, where he would be giving his all in protecting his sect. However, fate had dealt another blow to the Icy Scorpion Sect, reaping the life of the trump card that could turn the tide.

As the pressure increased, this delicate mental balance turned even more fragile, and with his demise, the entire sect fell into turmoil. If not for the Sect Leader, as well as the Elders, the upper-echelon would have plunged into chaos.

As the roaring cheers of the fellow sect members continued, the Sect Leader's face turned dark as he clenched his fist. The contrast between the gloomy air and the festive atmosphere were eye-catching.

"Arrange the seclusion cave and announce my retreat. Without my permission, none shall disturb me." The Elders nodded before they too began dispersing. With the external threat hanging above their necks, they had finally decided to stop the infighting.

Once he walked into his resting place, the Sect Leader gently closed the curtain and activated his isolation barrier, blocking the outsiders from spying him.

In a fit of rage, he swiped his hand across the table, swiping papers and glasses, breaking them into pieces. The freezing air covered the room and turned the walls bluish in shades.

"Don't worry, brother. I'll skin the traitor with my very hands." Gritting his teeth, Sect Leader tried to calm himself. Although his facial expression displayed little to no emotions, his inner thoughts were burning with regret and hatred.

1