Chapter 76 – The Burden of The Oath
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The calmness dissolved as Ocelia's coughing intensified, attracting Forus' attention. As Abicel was going back to report her presence to the Steel Cauldron, it was a tranquil moment between the couple.

Ocelia directed her gaze at the top of the mountain, where Fleeting Emotions Ruin remained tall and imposing. Although numerous sorcerers were patrolling the area, they could not hinder the majestic and ancient radiance of the ruin.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. I'm only a little tired." Even though her eyes were looking outwards from the window, she could feel that Forus' non-existent gaze landed onto her. She smiled while enduring the assaulting pain in her heart.

A pair of hands warped around her careless body, caressing her fair skin and interconnected right in front of her chest, and a muscular yet slim figure leaned upon her as he moved his head closer to her. Ocelia could feel the warmth of his breathes.

"Can we stay right this... for a while?" Forus interrupted Ocelia's surprised expression with his selfish request. In respond, Ocelia's mouth curved into a smile as she reached her hands out to touch his, grasping at them tightly before closing her eyes.

Her back leaned onto his body, and his head rested beside hers. At that moment, only the chipping of the birds and the howling of the winds remained within the tranquil manor.

"Forus, about the wedding..." As the mood allowed her, Ocelia whispered her desire to him. If not for the lockdown from the decree of the Mountain Emperor, she would lead Forus to the main mansion and organized the wedding as soon as possible.

Although her logical mind could wait for the event to come naturally, her emotional side could not bear to wait.

"Take your time. I can wait as long as you wish. Even if I would have to wait for a lifetime." He whispered into her ears and moved his hand upward to caress her cheek.

With her back facing him, Forus did not see the opening and closing motion of her mouth. Although she wanted to say something, she did not want her questions to interrupt their tranquil moment. She quietly let Forus admire her beauty while she was enjoying his company.

Their perception of time flew by, only to get interrupted by a series of low knocking. The frequency of the knocks was uniform, indicating the orderliness and disciplines of the visitors.

Forus could only sigh and separate from Ocelia, tidying his messy clothing and moved towards the gate with Ocelia closely behind. With his face kept looking down, and his pace maintaining its distance from his mistress, his appearance resembled that of her servant.

"Young Mistress, the Family Head required your presence. Your servant has come to escort you to his resting mansion." The old butler swiped his eyes across Forus and landed onto Ocelia before lowering his head. He announced his intention before gesturing his hand, signalling the other servants to organize the scene.

In no more than a minute, a carriage appeared before Ocelia, clothing in the crimson shades with a signature symbol of the Coruscare Family.

"Falsus, let us depart." Without any trace of her vulnerable self left, Ocelia resumed her cold and aloof air. She gestured her hand and commanded Forus to accompany her inside the carriage.

"Yes, my lady." Although Forus received enmity and jealousy from other servants, none of them could bother him. As a sorcerer, none of the worldly affairs could enter his attention scope, let alone shake him.

However, without anyone's notice, Forus waved his hand and sent a wisp of his sorcery energy into the house. The thin fog seeped into the gate and materialized into a greyish paper, decorating to resemble a letter.

As the carriage began to depart, Forus sat opposite of Ocelia. Although they were as close as ever, their thoughts were worlds apart.

...

"Family Head, the Eldest Mistress has arrived." As Levota was conversing with another figure, a spark manifested beside him and expanded into a humanoid shape. The Fire Spirit kneeled before its lord and announced its news.

"Lord Mountain Envoy, do you still remember her?" Using the mention of Ocelia as a lead, Levota directed the topic of interests.

"Levota, I was about to tell you about my meeting with her. In truth, I've coincidentally met her before coming to see you." The Mountain Envoy smiled, briefly describing his encounter with her to the Family Head.

"Go summon Ocelia, as well as Falsus." As soon as Levota finished listening, he ordered the Fire Spirit to summon his successor. He watched as it disappeared into nothingness before falling into contemplation.

His action and words caused Lord Mountain Envoy to notice something. After a moment of silence, he finally smiled before recounting his experience.

"Congratulation, brother. It seems that your daughter has a good pair of eyes." The Envoy stood up, preparing to leave. Although he and Levota were in a good relationship, he did not want to participate in the internal matter of the Coruscare Family.

"Farewell, and give my reverence to His Majesty." As a show of respect, Levota personally escorted the Envoy of the Mountain Emperor out.

After sending away the Envoy, Levota strolled towards the main hall of the manor and sat upon the throne designed for the Family Head, receiving the look of reverence and loyalty from the long-time servants and guards. His actions were majestic and aloof, showcasing the ability of this old Family Head who brought with him the prosperity of the clan.

Before long, the gate slowly opened as many figures walked into the main hall. As the group went on, the guards and servants on the side would bow before them. Some would be smiling while others would be frowning.

As they were approaching the throne of the Family Head, the accompanying guards and servants would walk into their positions and kneel before the Family Head. In the end, only Forus and Ocelia remained in front of the throne.

"Your eldest daughter had safely returned from her journey. Dear father, thank you for your consideration." As according to the custom, Ocelia and Forus kneeled before the Family Head and bowed, letting their head touched upon the floor.

"May the blazing glory be with Coruscare!" As they did so, the servants and guards also did the same, even if they were the Elders or descendants of the family.

"Rise. I only require Ocelia and her servant." Levota gestured his hand, letting the others quickly yet orderly moved out of the hall. In only a moment of silence, the footsteps faded and left behind only three figures within the chamber.

"Dear father, this man is your daughter's love of her life, Forus Ander." After getting through thick and thin together, the couple had already known everything there was to know about the other. Naturally, they would tell the truth to the soon-to-be father-in-law.

At this moment, Forus did not continue to keep the facade of a weak person and displayed his firm aura of the first-ranked sorcery mastery. If he did not have any potential, how could he be standing by Ocelia's side and be her support?

The Family Head's eyes flashed as he leaned forward, revealing a slight smile as he peered his vision into the two vast abysses on Forus' face. Given his intelligence network, it was easy for him to know the progress of Forus, the potential asset of the family. Not to mention that his eldest daughter had taken a liking in him.

"Forus, can you bear the consequence of being the love of her life?" The Family Head spoke. His voice was a hoarse instead of his natural imposing voice. For a moment, his eyes went unfocused as he remembered the familiar scene from his memory.

"No matter what, I'll be by her side." Facing the suppressing air from the second-ranked sorcerer, Forus did not exert any sorcery mastery to resist the force. Instead, he used his undying will to stand against the oppressing aura and directed his non-existent gaze towards the top of the throne.

As the silence descended, Ocelia grabbed Forus' hand and held it tightly. The two seemed to turn into a pair of the knot, eternally intertwining with each other, forever going and coming in pair.

"Treasure her more than your life, or you'll regret it." Their intimate action did not escape the perception of Levota, who sighed before leaning back onto his throne. It was unclear whether he was threatening Forus or he was speaking from experience.

"I will." Pulling Ocelia closer, Forus used his arm to wrap around her, holding her in his embrace. A smile manifested in her face as Ocelia did not resist, enjoying the comfort of his muscular and impressive build.

"Continue to stay within the vicinity of the outpost until the Mountain Envoy lifted the restriction, but, don't go into the ruin." Knowing that it was time, Forus and Ocelia bowed once again before retreating out of the hall, leaving Levota alone.

"All for Coruscare." The Family Head shook his head as he sighed, revealing a profound expression.

...

The dark void remained as silent as ever, revealing not a single ripple from the previous crash with the power of corruption. Although the Fleeting Emotions Ruin could not contend with the endless energy of the abyss, it did not suffer much irreversible damage.

In the middle of the floating droplets, which held various realms in their boundary, a lonely orb drifted across the darkness. Its majestic presence had faded into nothingness and revealed only a glimpse of its previous prestige. Cracks and rifts carved themselves onto its surface, opening gateways for energy to leak out.

Strains of multi-coloured light moved in and out of the orb, trying their best to mend the scars and sustain the functions of the various realms. However, in the middle of the bustling light, one pinkish strain of light remained hovered around the orb, forming a circle that displayed the vision from the outside.

In the vision, the peaceful wildness trembled as a rift between space broke apart from reality. Inside the darkness, a figure stepped out, cloaking in a blue robe.

His muscular body revealed a hint of phantom-like aura, indicating his unnatural presence. Although his expressionless face revealed nothing, his unstable sorcery energy hinted at the underlying damage accumulated from the preceding battle.

"Thought Domain, It's been so long." Lord Phasma whispered as he gazed towards the sky, piecing the protection formation and into the pinkish circle.

Before long, rays of light manifested before him, circling his body as they slowly engulfed his vision, shrouding him in the warmth comparable to a flickering candle.

The bubble of light merged with Lord Phasma and dissipated into nothingness, revealing the empty wildness that regained its peaceful atmosphere.

In only a moment of whiteness, Lord Phasma regained his vision. The wildness that he previously perceived had turned into the unending darkness. If not for the strains of light that glowed brightly as the guiding lamps, he would have thought that the world had turned black.

Stretching his hand outwards, Lord Phasma grabbed hold at the floating orb in front of him. Although his action was gentle, additional cracks would appear whenever he exerted even a tiny amount of strength.

"Forus Ander... Although I did not wish for this, I have no choice." He closed his eyes. Little by little, the vague scene from his memory began to surface.

Inside his realm of consciousness, a slumbering symbol lit up, revealing the secret oath that he once signed with the mysterious Thought Domain.

"Then, with my authority as the controller, let the show commence." Using every bit of his strength, Lord Phasma crushed the bleak orb with his physical power, grinding its essence into dust.

As soon as he broke the orb, the surrounding bubbles of realms trembled, resonating with each other and produced a great turmoil that spread across the Fleeting Emotions Ruin.

At that moment, the towering mountain shook, and the ancient array of protection fell from its grace. The Fleeting Emotions Ruin had lost its final layer of defence.

1