Chapter 1: New God and the Game
40 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the sunny day where everyone still working on their own job. Suddenly a voice can be heard by all human that alive.

" Greetings mortal, I am your new god. 

So, when I was became a god recently, I think that I want to start a new civilization and by starting new means that I will wipe the old civilization to create a new and much more perfect civilization.

But, someone told me that as a new god I have to show some mercy to their people and so I did.

I will give you mortals some chance to redeem yourself.

I will create a game like what you did, there will be some quest for you to finish and for those who win until the end I will give you a present.

As for the rules, I will tell you later when the game begins.

Right now, because I don't quite like the geographic of this world, so I will change it a little bit. The game will begin after the geographic change done, I guess it's around 24 – 48 hours so you can use this time to make a preparation.

Look how thoughtful I am as a god. 

After the changes done I will tell you some of the rule and the way the game works.

Goodbye and good luck for you mortals."

At first people who heard those so called god speak doesn't care about anything that those god said. But, when they look at other people and asking about the words that suddenly come up in their mind they shocked because everyone saying the same thing that they all heard those words.

The panic begins and almost all the media start to talks about those god words. Some people said that The End is here or any kind of theory about the apocalypse.

The religious start speaking about prophecy and keep telling people to repent their sins because The End is here.

The government begins their way to stabilize their people by making a base on their country and they start to gather weapons and some daily needs to prepare for the worst which is the apocalypse.

In one of apartment in Jakarta

14.00

A man after hearing the voice of god, he starts to pack his belongings. His name is Delon Brahma, 21 years old and working as writer. 

Delon still writing when he heard the voice of god. Just as he heard that voice, Delon immediately thinking one of the novel he once read about apocalypse. In those type of novel, the first thing that the protagonist do when the apocalypse start is to packing or bringing food with them and some daily necessity of course some weapon is not something to forget.

But here in Indonesia, weapon like guns and the like are something that an ordinary civilian like him can forget to have. So, Delon thinking of bringing some knife or something like that.

Then again he remember about the voice telling him that the apocalypse itself won't start until 24 hours, so Delon think that he probably will be at some military headquarters and they will definitely won't let someone to bring some sharp things there.

Because of that, Delon finally decide to not bring weapon with him, instead he can bring more food with him. About clothes for changes, Delon brings a few of them because bringing to much will only filling the space in his bag.

After about 20 minute packing, Delon ready to go to the nearest military headquarters to seek refuge. Even though the government hasn't yet to announce that they will take the refuge in the military headquarter, but because Delon think that they will definitely do that if not the civilian like him will go protest or even worst.

Before Delon go to the evacuation place, he turn on TV to watch some news about the situation outside even though he can guess what happened but, he still watch it to make sure he's not the only one who heard those voice and make a fun of himself.

Just like he thought that those voices are real and people begin to panic. Some of them start to talk about god, some of them keep talking about punishment, some of them talking that the end is here. Delon think that people should just go to evacuation place and stop speaking about that kind of thing.

They should have understood after they heard that voice. Yes, the end is here because this is a f apocalypse and knowing the situation they just need to go to safe place because those god said that he will change the geographic and if we can gather at the evacuation place we can still be prepare of what will happened after that.

After seeing the news, Delon turn off the TV and look to the room that fills with memories of his youth. Delon parents were dead when he was 18 in an accident and make him living alone since then. At first some of the family member try to take Delon as their own, but Delon refused because he knew that they just after his parents money.

So with the money that his parents leave, Delon try to make some business and it's quite good. At least he can live with that money until he turns old.

Delon start to writing only because of hobby and when he saw that his story is well receive by his reader, he start to take this writing book into serious job and the because the business doesn't need him to handle it himself, it leads to this situation now.

When Delon just about to go out of house, he remember about the pendant that his parent left for him. 

Delon start to walk back again to find the pendant that his parent left for him. 

After 5 minutes searching finally Delon can find it. The pendant itself doesn't worth that much because the only thing that worth money is the jade in the middle of the pendant and the other things aren't worth anything, but because it's the only thing that can make him remember his parents.

So, after Delon wear those pendants on his neck, he finally ready to go to military headquarters to seek refuge. 

When Delon get out of his apartment, he saw a lot people outside on the road. At first Delon confused of why they are so many of them and then he saw some police and army there talking about refuge and stuff. 

It seems that the government already starts to move the army to keep the civilian calm. The army starts to take the civilian to their headquarters to group up and to avoid chaos that the civilian may cause because of panicking.

It's so hot outside because it's still noon around 2 pm currently and the sun is still hanging above him. He tries to look at the sun and feel that the sun is a bit strange. He doesn't know if it's only his feeling, but he feels that the sun is dying.

Delon stop his thought because he feels that he is crazy thinking that that sun is dying. Because if it really is then not only him but all human is fucked up if the sun is dying.

Then Delon look around him to see if there is someone he knew is the crowd of people there. There he saw his neighbored not far away from him standing in the middle of those crowds.

Delon start to walk to him and calling his name.

" Hey, Ernest."

Ernest hearing someone calling his name starts to look at the source of the voice and after seeing that it's Delon, he walking to him while trying to push the crowd to move away from him.

" Delon, I thought that you already go to military base before me. "

" Nah, i take a little bit of time to packing my things. What about you? I thought that you were with your sister in vacation somewhere? Why are you here?"

Ernest starts to laugh hearing that.

Ernest Markus is one of the few friends that Delon have. Ernest have a handsome face unlike Delon face that more mature look, he have a face that make people think that he still in his teen.

Like his face, Ernest can be said quite short for his age at 23. Ernest high is around 173 look short compare to Delon that have 180 even though that Ernest is older than Delon for a few years.

Ernest has a natural blonde hair which is making his look like a foreign in this country, because most of people here have black hair same as Delon.

" Actually, I should go to airport as hour ago but because of those voice I cancel the vacation immediately in case it is really happened and of course I already called my sister and told her to find a safe place to stay or take refuge with military base there."

" Well, I don't know if you're lucky or not but, maybe with your vacation got canceled you and your sister can be safe if what those voice said really happened."

 " Well, let's just go Delon. I don't want to still standing outside when the night come."

Delon only nodded and following Ernest to walk along with the crowd to military base.

" Delon, don't you think that this situation is almost the same like those novel that you read? It has god, apocalypse and possibly monster that kind of stuff."

" Hmmm… The voice did say that this will be some kind of game, so I think it really will become like those apocalypse novel that you had read."

Ernest didn't say anything like he thinking about something.

" If it's really a game then will there be some kind of status panel or something. You know something like game that shows your strength, agility, etc."

" Maybe, let me try something then maybe there is really status or something like that."

After that, Delon stop walking and try to remember about the novel he once read.

'Menu'

'System'

'Status'

Name: Delon Brahma

Age: 21

Bloodline: -

Skill:-

'Wow, there is really status like in those novels. But, it's look kind of different with what I read in those novels. There only 4 kinds of things and there aren't anything regarding strength, agility, or even magic. Instead there is Bloodline which probably what the voice talk about back then.'

" How is it Delon?"

Ernest is asking with a curious look on his face.

" There is a status panel, but it's kind of different with what you think. Try to say status in your head and you will see it yourself."

Delon then watch Ernest look surprise, it seems that Ernest succeed opening his status panel. After that Delon concentrating on his own status panel and thinking what can he learn from this information. 

After thinking for some time, Delon finally come to conclusion that Skills are the most important and though Bloodline is the same important as Skils but, he think that not anyone can have a Bloodline that easly so he can say that gaining and raising Skills is the most important.

So, Delon think again how to get a Skill. From the novels that he has read, Delon think that you can get Skills if you do something again and again but that's not all, there is a probability to gain a Skill if you have talent beforehand. Like if before the apocalypse thing begins you used to be an instructor in swordsmanship or something like that, the probability you gain sword mastery or swordsmanship is higher than those that never use a sword before.

The reason that he doesn't have a skill are probably because he never use weapon or it's just that the status panel haven't yet to fully sync with human and so it only show "-" is his status.

If it's the first one then he need to get used to using weapons even if it's only a dagger, because having a skill is really better that not having it.

And if it's the second reason then it's better because maybe just maybe the god will give everyone at least one skill so that human can survive this game.

" D-Delon, is this real? We aren't dreaming right? "

It seems that Ernest is still shock after seeing the status panel. Even though he said himself that maybe there is something like a status panel, but Ernest himself still don't believe that it is real.

" Of course it's real Ernest, what are you talking now of all times. You should ask that question when you heard the voice back then."

Ernest look dumbfound hearing that and he just scratching the back of his head.

" We should go before the day goes dark."

After that Delon and Ernest stop talking and start to walk to military base.

2