Chapter 4: Quest (1/3)
24 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Delon still thinking about what the best trap that he can make later on, he suddenly hear the voice inside his head.

The voice that he don't want to hears, yet at the same time he really waiting for this voice.

The voices that marked the end of the world that everyone know. The voice that start a new age, the age of myth.

"Greeting mortals, like you know before that I will make a game for you which I like to call it as Myth Descent. 

So, as you may already know. I changed the geographic or the terrain all around the world so that it will be much easier for when the game really begin and I already prepare some weapons and other stuff for you so that you can survive long enough to entertains me.

Let's get to the point. Like I said before that I already give you something so that you can fight against the monster that will come soon and I also will give you some powers of those figures from your legends or myth.

But, not everyone will get this power. Because for this power can really manifest inside you, you need some catalyst so that the power won't just blew up your body and that catalyst is your blood.

You need to have some bloodlines of the figures from the myth, which can also means that if you get the power of the figure from the myth, you are his or her descendant.

I know, shocking right?

Well, with this we will get to the next point. What about those who can't get the power or in other words not a descendant of someone from the myth?

Worry not, you will still get some power. Although not as much as those who have the bloodlines but, at least you still can survive with it if you're lucky enough."

Then, the voice stopped for a few seconds. It seems like he knew that the people who listen to him right now needs sometimes to process the information that he gives.

"Before I tell you about the rules and other things, I want to tell you something first.

Last night, I throw some weapons, armors, and things like artifact to all over the world. For those who really lucky and can get the weapon, will have a chance to get the power of those who once wield the artifact.

The one who can wield the artifact is only those who fated to be the wielder. No matter if they have bloodlines or not, as long as they are fated they can wield the artifact. Of course those who have the bloodlines closer to the one who once wield the artifact have a bigger chance to wield the artifact.

But, the artifact will first choose the one who fated with it first and if the one who fate with it die, it will then choose another one who have a closer bloodlines relationship.

Now, let's get to the rules and detail.

First about the rule, it's simple, you just need to complete the quest that someone will give you later and you have to complete it as fast as you can, because there will be punishment if you take too long just to complete the quest.

Now let's get to the detail of the game. 

There will be a few stages in this game, the first one is survival. Just like its name, you only need to survive until this stage is over, simple right?

For the next stage, I'm not deciding it yet. So, I will tell you later on and as for how long this survival stage will last, I can only say that as long as I'm not too bored with it, I won't go to the next stage. 

But let me give you a tips, don't make me change the stage too soon, because if you aren't strong enough you will definitely die when the next stage begin. So, keep me entertain and you can take your time to get as strong as possible to beat all the stage.

That's it from me this time, there will be someone else who will guide you in the first stage. Once again don't die too quick because it's not fun to watch. Good luck mortals, you need that."

After the god finally done with his talking about the detail of the game, almost all the people around the world are in the state of panic and uproar.

Because at first, they still had a hope that all of that happened before is just a dream or even a prank that some organization do. But now, that the voice that they hear before and all the change of geographic that they had heard or even seen themselves makes them to see all of this as the reality and not just dream.

For those who have an idea about what might happened aren't really panic because they already had some clue about this will happened sooner or later and of course some of them even already preparing with the game that will start later on.

Come back with Delon, who now instead of being panic as other people in the base. He is still calm, or even too calms that if people see him right now they will think that Delon is losing his mind because of the shock.

Even Delon himself is not realizing the change that happening to him right now. Because right now Delon only thinking about the plan and what can he do when the game begin later.

Even Ernest who stands beside him feels a bit scared of what just might happen in the furture.

The base is still in the state of panic until someone from the military come out and tries to calming down the situation.

There is a man around 35 years in his military uniform come out while there are some soldiers behind him.

 "Please calm down everyone. My name is Abel Brightstone, I am the commander of this base. I know that most of you are afraid and scared because of what the voice of god just said, but we as people from military will do our best to protect or at least assist you when this so called games begin. So, I hope that you trust and follow the order of the military personnel so that we can protect you."

Delon got interrupted in his thinking because of the voice of this commander. When Delon look around him, he saw that almost all the people around him already started to calm down.

'Well, that man really has a great aura with him or something like that. The word he said is what every higher up will say in this kind of situation.'

When Abel finished with what he was saying, he starts to organize his people to make the situation more stable.

But, something comes out in the middle of the base. It looks like a hologram in the sci-fi movie. It took a shape of a woman or more like a she-devil.

The shapes of the hologram getting more and more complete and finally after a few minutes' people can clearly see what it looks like.

You can say that the hologram really looks beautiful and not only beautiful, its whole body giving of a charm that makes anyone who looks at it want her.

"Hello, hello. My name is Lav, and I will be the guide in this first stage of the game. 

Fufufu, it looks like everyone is charmed by my looks. Hmmm… What should I do here? I really can't help you guys, because I already have someone I love. But, if you can win this game and make a wish to god to make me yours, maybe I will do something about it."

Some people who heard it started to get excited because of it, but some people could only let out a sigh because even if they can win this game, they would be really a fool to wish something like that to god.

"Now, let's get to the point here. 

The first stage is like the god had said before, it's about survival. The stage itself is really simple, you only need to survive until the first stage is over.

But, is it really like that?

Fufufu, now let's get to the next point. Every week there will be a horde of monster that will attack the base or the place with a certain number of people. If the place doesn't have enough people or the people there are not within a certain number then that place will be classified as the monster area or the monster zone.

The monster area will be a nest of monsters, inside the nest, monster will get a buff where they will be much more stronger at least twice or even more than the monster on the other place. So, I'll advice those who still not in a group right now to find a shelter or a base to group up."

At first all the people who heard what Lav said are really happy because if it's only survival then, they can easily survive it. But, hearing the next words, they all begin to feel nervous. Because not all the people who heard it are in the shelter or base, so hearing that the place besides a shelter that has a certain number of people will become a nest they can't help but feeling nervous.

"Next is about the power or the detail of the game system. 

You will get a status panel just like in the game that you played before. Of course there might be slightly different, but the point is still the same. It will show you your status and there are additional Bloodlines that will show in the status panel. Of course not all of you guys will get the Bloodlines.

Next is, there is inventory just like in the game, I assume that you guys know what is it use for. To activate either status panel or the inventory, you only need to said it in your head or just think about it and it will come out."

After the people heard what Lav said, they immediately try to see the status panel and the inventory.

Some people shocked when they really saw the status panel and the inventory interface. Because they think that this kind of think only happened in the story.

"Some of you might be asking why there are some things in your inventory.

Well, because it will be unfair for those who don't get a bloodlines and not lucky enough to get the weapon that the god throw away, The god then decide to give everyone something else. 

If the pill used by those who don't have a bloodlines, the have a chance to get one. Of course the chance is small, but it's better than nothing and even if you don't get a bloodline the pill will strengthen your body and not only that, you also will get a skill.

If the pill used by those who already get a bloodlines, they will get an upgrade of their bloodlines. Of course they will also get a skill and their body get strengthens too.

There also a sword and an armor for your survival kit. Because the god don't want you guys to dead with only a few days of the game begin."

People, who haven't seen their inventory, start to open their inventory as soon as they heard about it. They're not surprise to see that there are three square filled with something after hearing what Lav said before.

Now they unconsciously start to look forward to the game, because they think that with the power they had right now they can survive with ease. But they soon will know that the power that they possess right now isn't enough to survive the apocalypse that soon will begin.

1