Chapter 5: Quest (2/3)
20 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Now let's get to the next thing, which is Quest. You will get quest every now and then, the time itself is not fix so you just need to prepare yourself.

Right now I will give you a quest that is, every one of you except baby will have to kill 3 monster no matter what it is. For those who think that they can't finished it, can give this quest to someone else. 

Of course you need that person agreement for the quest to be transferred.

The penalty for those who can't complete the quest this time is death. For those who accepted the quest from other people won't get any reward, because it's not a quest from me. But, you will get a reward if you complete your own quest and that is some random. It can be weapon or even only experience.

Now, we will begin the first stage of the game 'Survival'. I hope you can survive this stage because the more people survive, the more I will get the bonus from him.

See you later and good luck, you will need that."

The hologram then started to get disintegrate into nothing, leaving those who listen to it become dumbfound for a few seconds.

After that, many people start to take the pill, armor, or the weapon out of inventory. There also some people who start to run to find a monster to kill. But most of people start to cry hearing the penalty of the quest.

For those who can't fight or afraid of fighting, after they heard the content of the quest they can't help but hoping that someone else would take their quest so they can live.

Delon, seeing that there are so many people who still in confuse or those who still not deciding whether they want to fight or not, he begin to start his plan to monopolizing the monster.

Of course Delon is still afraid to get killed, but he keeps his head cools and thinking for what the best he can do right now. And now he think that the best thing he can do right now is to get his level up, so that later on he can at least not too far behind with those people who have better skill or 

even those who have bloodlines with them.

Delon then drag Ernest to their tent so that they can prepare to start the plan any time. When the people faint because of the effect of the pill, they can go out and hunt monsters out there and finished the quest earlier then the people in the base.

"Delon, s-shouldn't we wait and group up with those from military? You know to lessen the risk. Although I know that you're confident with the plan but, there's nothing wrong with being careful."

After entering the tent, Ernest talks to Delon with a hint of afraid in his voice. Delon realized what happened and speak.

"We have to take the risk Ernest, what you said isn't wrong about being more careful. But, then again if we wait for military people to intervere with this, we will be restricted. Not only so, but I believe that we won't be able to kill a lot monsters that way. Because more and more people will woke up 

from the side effect of the pill.

That way, we won't have any advantage from other people. We do this because if we don't make our gap lessen with those who have a bloodlines and a good skill, we will get too far behind them. 

Moreover we don't know if those who have bloodlines are good people or not. So, we don't have too much choice if we don't want to be left behind. We're not only trying to survive from monster, but also from the people who have a bad intention towards us."

Ernest could only sigh and agree with Delon, although he was afraid that their plan wouldn't succeed, but he can't help but to take the risk.

After preparing for a few minutes, Delon and Ernest going out of tent with armor on their body and sword strapped on their waist. They also bring some necessary things like food and stuff inside their bag and they put it in their inventory to lessen the things they bring.

Delon also bring one dagger and put it somewhere on his body and the material for his traps inside his inventory. While Ernest really want to bring Staff on his own, but he don't have one. So, Delon suggest making some later on their journey.

After finally sure that everything's ready, Delon and Ernest go outside the tent. When they go outside, they see that the people still not fainted yet. The military try to organizing all the people into 3 groups. The people who can't fight, those who defended the base, and those who explore the 

area.

Delon, don't know if those people already eat the pill or not. But, Delon think that even if not all of them, some of them definitely already eat the pill. Delon just wait for the time and when the people finally fainted, then Delon and Ernest will go out.

Delon and Ernest then keep waiting for a chance, only after a few more minutes that someone finally show a sign of fainting.

It's like a domino, when there is someone who fainted, another one soon follows it and so on. Someone from the military saw that and just wants to report it but, he feel dizzy and soon he too faint.

Almost everyone in the base is unconscious now, for those who still awake, begin to panic and don't know what to do.

Delon and Ernest who see the chance finally come, decide to move towards the south gate and begin their plan.

It takes around 10 minutes and finally Delon and Ernest arrive outside the gate. Although the distance itself isn't far, because they have to watch their step in case they step on people body makes them slow down their pace. 

When Delon and Ernest arrive outside the south gate they were surprised, the change that the god said wasn't small. Almost everything is change, from the tree to even dirt. The car that was park here before, already full of moss and even the road here, there are several crack here and there. Moreover the building surrounding the base is either got destroyed or even gone like there was really nothing 

there in the first place.

Delon and Ernest really shocked seeing it by themselves. They thought that maybe only some trees got bigger and some building got destroyed, but seeing this, they start to doubt if they were lived here before.

Without wasting more time, they start to walk forward exploring the place trying to find a good spot for them to set up a trap.

While searching for a suitable place, Delon not forget to look around him to see if there is something that useful. He thought that maybe because of this changes, the plants in this place are mutated and maybe there is a plant that can be used to heal or something like that.

Because Delon himself doesn't know anything about what kind of plant that can be useful, he's not gonna do something reckless like try it himself. Delon just keep the place in his mind when he found a plant that interest him, so that later on he might try to experiment it with monster or some animals.

After all this isn't like in a game where he can see the name of the plant or even the effect that it might have, so he needs to be careful with how he handle it.

Delon then told Ernest that if he found some weird plant or interesting plant Ernest needs to tell him so, that he can remember it.

It takes around 20 minutes for Delon and Ernest to find a suitable place for them to lay a trap and waiting for a prey.

The place itself is close to a river that Delon and Ernest never see before. There are also some trees for them to hide and make a trap, so they decide to start making a trap and also making some simple Staff for Ernest to use.

Delon then start to make some trap while Ernest guarding him with his sword on his hand. Delon make some simple trap like digging a hole and sharing some branch of trees to make spears. 

Because there are so little materials and times, Delon only make a few traps while most of them are just a hole because it doesn't take too much materials and Ernest can sometime help him dig a hole while watch his surroundings.

After around more than an hour, Delon finally finished making traps and also the Staff for Ernest used. The Staff that Delon made is more like a stick that a Staff, because Delon only use wood to make it and he made it with only sword and some knife that make it harder for him to make a good weapon for Ernest.

After they finish the preparation, Delon and Ernest decide to start the plan. Delon told Ernest to attract some monster while he waiting for ambush. Of course it sounds like Delon being bossy, but it is for the best. 

Ernest himself knows it and still goes with it. Ernest isn't that good with thinking about plan, so he let Delon do the planning even though he knew he will do the hard work.

Delon then waiting for Ernest in the already promised place, so that when Ernest comes with monster he already prepare to fight.

Delon hiding behind some tree and waiting for Ernest to come, of course Ernest himself already know where the traps are so that he doesn't do some stupid things like falling in his own traps.

After waiting for sometimes, Delon then heard some running sounds. When he heard the sounds, Delon frown for a little. Because he heard too many footsteps, Delon start to cursing in his heart why the F#!k Ernest brings so many monster with him.

When Delon peeking at the source of the sounds, he starts to curse at Ernest, he thought just maybe Ernest only brings 2 or maybe 3 monsters. But no, he brings 5 of them, just what the hell did Ernest thinking to bring that many monsters with him. Did he think that bringing 2 or 3 monsters aren't hard enough so he brings 5 of them?

'It's no use to regret it now, I need to prepare for a hard fight.'

After that, Delon walk to a trap that not too far from him, he then gives a signal to Ernest so that he can follow up the plan.

When Ernest finally close enough, Delon then tell him to jump sideway and Delon cut the rope beside him.

Not too long after that, a wooden log that has been sharpened moving to the place where Ernest stand before.  It moved so fast that if Ernest doesn't hear what Delon said, he will definitely get hit by it. 

Luckily Ernest heard what Delon said and jump as fast as he can barely dodge the wooden log. So, instead hitting Ernest, the wooden log hit the wolf behind Ernest. The log hit couple of wolves and makes those wolves behind it more cautions.

Because of the distraction from the log, Ernest can run away safely. Delon who saw it feel that this is a good time to make an ambush.

So, Delon walking slowly closer to the wolves and take out his sword. He walks really careful as to not make the wolves see him. 

Ernest who saw Delon getting close to the wolves thinking of doing the same thing, but what different is Ernest will gonna act as a decoy so that Delon will succeed on his ambush.

Ernest then stand behind a hole trap that he and Delon made before. Without hesitating anymore, Ernest starts to attract the enemy. 

Delon who still hiding, understand what Ernest doing, he slowly moves towards the closer enemy. While there are three wolves still alive, one of them stood in the back while look like commanding the other two.

Delon think that he needs to kill the leader first while Ernest attracts the other two. When Delon finally arrives behind the wolf leader, he's not rushing to attack the wolf, instead he waits for Ernest to attract the other two wolves.

Ernest himself can't see where Delon is. But he believe that Delon already know what will he do, so instead of doing something to alert the wolves, Ernest start to attracting the wolves by talking.

"Come here wolf, don't you want a bite of me?" 

Ernest then took a rock from the ground and throws it and smile mocking the wolves. Although Ernest himself doesn't know if the wolf even understand it.

"GGGRRRROOWWLL"

The wolf leader seems angry because the human in front of him look like mocking him. So he commands the other wolf to attack the human.

The two wolves hearing its leader say, start to walk slowly to the human in front of them. They still quite careful after what happened to the other wolves before, so they see the surrounding try to see 

if there is any trap.

Ernest seeing that quite surprise, although he knew that the wolf can be said a smart or cunning animal, but this is really surprise him. It feels like the wolf knew that there might be a trap, maybe from instinct or maybe because of the mutated that the wolf becomes smarter than before.

Seeing that the wolf still carefully walk to him, Ernest start to lose his calm. Not only it took a long time for the wolf to get to him, the day also starts to get dark which is quite bad for him and Delon.

Ernest then takes a couple of stone from the ground and start to throw it to the wolves. After that, he starts to mock them by shaking his A55 to them.

Although it's not only sound ridiculous but also looks really shameless, but it seems that what Ernest do is quite effective. The wolves' feels like they've been look down by their prey and it hurts their pride. 

The wolves become angry and start to dash towards Ernest. Ernest who saw this immediately took out his weapon which is the Sti- Staff that he made before and starts to take a battle stance.

The wolves that dash towards Ernest suddenly see a grin on Ernest face. Without any warning, one of the wolves that closer with Ernest fall to the trap, while the other one barely survive by standing so close to the trap hole that it somehow survive.

Delon whose see this start to move towards the wolf leader that already quite far from the other wolf. 

Delon trying to be careful so that he's not alerting the wolf leader, when Delon finally think that he close enough to the wolf leader, he attack it with the sword on his hands.

Delon trying to cut the wolf leader with a slash to its neck, but it seems that the cut is not strong enough to kill the wolf leader.

"RRROOOAARRRRR"

The wolf leader become really angry, because he never thought that someone will really dare to ambush him.

Without even wait for his subordinate to help him, the wolf leader start to attack Delon by using he's claws to attack Delon.

Delon who saw this try to dodge the attack by side-stepping, but he still got scratch even though it's not too serious. Delon then move back try to create some distance with the wolf leader. 

Delon feels really bad right now, he can defeat the wolf leader in one strike if his strength is high enough. But, alas even with what he think a perfect ambush, he still can't kill the wolf leader with that ambush.

Delon then thinking about using traps to kill the wolf leader, but soon he threw away the thought. Because he know that the wolf leader won't that easily get trap after see his subordinate fall into the traps twice. So, Delon can only do his best to kill the wolf with his own strength.

Ernest who saw Delon fail in his ambush didn't think too much, because he himself knew that it's really hard, knowing that Delon try to ambush the leader of the wolf.

Right now, Ernest only focuses to not let the wolf in front of him to help its leader, because it will definitely become the worst scenario that he really wants to see.

Without thinking too much, Ernest move towards the wolf that looks like want to help its leader.

1