Chapter 6: Quest (3/3)
18 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ernest move in front of the wolf intercepting it so that it can regroup with its leader.

"Hey, hey, hey… Don't you think it's too cruel for leaving me alone?"

Ernest speaks as he played with his weapon.

"RROOAARR"

"Well, I can't really understand it, but I won't let you go there. So, just give up and play with me a little longer don't you."

No longer waiting for an answer, Ernest start to attack the wolf with his weapon trying to take advantage of the first strike while the wolf still not yet prepared.

"RROOAARR"

The wolf dodges to the side and the start to counterattack Ernest by biting his head. Ernest who saw this, move his staff to block the attack and he kick the wolf on its stomach making it move back.

Ernest then move to attack the wolf head trying to kill it if possible so that he can help Delon.

But, it seems that it's not possible because, although the attack hurt the wolf, the wolf still manage to survive while dodge the attack so that the attack hit its body not hit its head. Ernest hurriedly back off so that he can take a breath for a few seconds. 

Ernest the look at Delon to see his situations, Ernest sees Delon is in quite desperate situation. Ernest sees that Delon is being beat up by the wolf leader, Delon can only defend the wolf leader attack and rarely he himself attacking. Of course Delon try to dodge as much as he can and not taking the attack stupidly.

Seeing this, Ernest start to resolve himself to end his fight quickly, to help Delon fight the wolf leader together.

Ernest then move towards his enemies and start to attack it with his staff. Of course the wolf doesn't just sit there and watch Ernest attack it.

The wolf watching Ernest move towards it, try to bite him while twisting its body to dodge Ernest attack. Ernest can't dodge the attack and got bitten on his shoulder, but that's the part of his plan. 

Because Ernest really sure that if he dodge it he can't kill it quickly and there is one more reason why Ernest do this, is because there is a sword on his waist.

Yes, before he attacks the wolf, he took out the sword in his inventory for this to work. Although Ernest can't use the sword as good as he used staff, but at least he knew how to stab with a sword.

While the wolf still biting his shoulder, Ernest unsheathe the sword and stab it in the neck of the wolf. After that, blood starts to gush out from the wolf neck. 

Without looking if it's dead or not, Ernest hurriedly run towards Delon to help him fight against the wolf leader.

**

Delon is in struggle now, not only because he failed in his ambush, he makes the wolf leader become angry to him which makes him the sole targets to kill.

Of course it's not a bad idea at first, because with this he can take some pressure from Ernest, at least that's what he thought. But, it makes his situation worse, the wolf leader is much stronger than he was thought. 

Just by standing in front of it, makes Delon scared witless. Delon clearly not a fighter type, he's more into the one who make a strategy, but now he force himself to be a fighter because he know that in this kind of  strategy type than fighter type, so fighting against some strong enemy like this isn't his forte.

But now, he needs to focus with the enemy in front of him. Because if he not, he might dead the moment he lost focus.

Delon then look at Ernest side to see if he can get a help from Ernest. But, it seems like it will take some time for Ernest to help him.

So, Delon bracing himself to hold the wolf leader, at least until Ernest come to help him.

The wolf that really angry right now because not only did someone dare to ambush it, but it also lose some of the subordinates. How can it get to call itself a leader without subordinates?

Now the wolf leader really want to tear this enemy in front of it to pieces so that it can at least gain a little bit of dignity that it have been lost and of course to calm down its own anger.

Delon make a defend stance by using his sword as a shield and waiting for a chance to counter attack if possible.

The wolf starts to move faster towards Delon and start to attack him with his claws. Delon somehow managed to lock it with his sword but, he can't counter attack it because the wolf of course doesn't give him a chance to do so.

When the attack failed, the wolf doesn't fall back and continue to attack Delon by biting his head. 

Delon who saw it coming dodge it by rolling to the side and try to move his body faster to get ready for the next attack.

The battle keep going on and somehow Delon can almost always block the attack of the wolf. 

Although Delon still at the lose side because of the different of the strength, but his main objective is only to stall the wolf leader as long as he can.

Because Delon know it that he can't win against the wolf leader in 1 v 1, so he only needs to make it 2 v 1 with Ernest helping him.

Delon doesn't even think that Ernest would lose fighting against his own enemy, because Ernest have a good skill and Delon know that Ernest at least a better fighter than him.

So, all Delon need is to stall the wolf leader as long as he can.

Delon's body is not without scratch, although he can sometimes block the attack from the wolf leader, but the wound that he got quite serious. He's bleeding from his shoulder, though the wound is not that deep, but Delon still feel it's hurting.

'Think Delon, think. What would those MC from the novel that you read will do in this kind of situation?'

In this kind of situation, Delon suddenly remember that he read many novel and there is definitely a situation similar with his own right now.

After a few minutes thinking, Delon then realize something.

'Oh f#%k, I forgot that the MC in the novel all has plot armor and I don't'

After realizing it, Delon quite panic for a moment but soon calming down. Because he saw that the wolf starts to walks towards him again.

Delon get ready again by making a defense stance with his weapon, but then he saw from the edge of his eyes, Ernest walking towards him. Delon then quickly changes his stance to attacking and quickly moving to attack the wolf.

While Delon attracting the wolf, Ernest then moving faster while readying his staff so that he can attack the wolf quickly, although the wound that he got from the previous battle really serious but he holds it at least until this battle end.

The wolf look at Delon like he's a fool, because he clearly wounded and he still think to attack it just who does he think he is.

So, the wolf not only doesn't dodge or defend itself, but it attack Delon by biting his head. Delon didn't dodge it, instead he tried to cut it with his sword or at least that's what he thought.

*Clank*

But, it only makes a sound that feels like Delon hit steel. Without delay, Delon attack the wolf one more time by slashing his sword towards the wolf.

This time, the wolf dodges it to the side and Delon hurriedly back off because he saw that the wolf moves its claw to attack him.

Delon then give a sign to Ernest so that he can start attacking the wolf.

Ernest saw the sign and attack the wolf with his Staff, he hit the wolf as hard as he can with his weapon which in result break his Staff.

But, what he did is not useless because the wolf got pushed back and there's blood coming from its mouth.

Delon doesn't wait for the wolf to heal up and start to run towards the wolf and attack it.

The wolf watching that Delon running faster towards it tries to move to the side to dodge whatever attack that Delon do.

But, Delon already anticipated it so when Delon move he dash to the side towards the place that the wolf dodge to.

Because Delon knew that he can only do a little to no damage by slashing, so Delon use stab instead to attack the neck of the wolf.

*STAB*

After stabbing the neck, Delon back off hurriedly and take his sword with him. Delon then saw the blood start to gush out form the neck of the wolf.

*THUD*

The wolf fall and finally marks the end of the first fight Delon and Ernest had. The fatigue finally hit Delon and he fall sit on the ground and breathing heavily while Ernest tries to stabilize himself with the help of trees beside him.

Delon really want to swear at Ernest but he doesn't have any energy right now after the fight.

Suddenly Delon shocked with what he's seeing, because right now he see that the wolf corpse start to disintegrate into light and after a few seconds he see that there are something there.

When Delon move there to look at it closer, he saw that there are something that look like silver coin and some bronze coins there is also a shield. 

When Deon saw this he's really shocked, because it means that monsters will drop something when they die and neither the god nor the one that called herself guide tell anything about this even though this one is really important.

Delon then picked those things and bring it with him to show it to Ernest.

"Ernest, look at this. The monster drop something that looks like a coins and there also a shield here."

Ernest who heard Delon seems curious and looks at what Delon bring with him. 

"Well, isn't it normal Delon. Because the god said that this will be a game, so something like this will probably still within the expectation."

"But you see, if they have said it first then it will be much easier for me to make a plan for it. If they told me about it first, I won't make a trap that throw monster god know where. Now I have to find it so that I can get the drop."

Ernest saw that Delon really look so pissed, so he's just keep silent and waiting for Delon to calm down.

"Sigh, let's just get the drop and continue with the mission. Anyway Ernest, did you finish your mission? Because I do and if you haven't we need to hurry up and finish the mission. I don't want to hunt in the middle of the night."

"How did you know that you've finished the mission Delon? Is it the status panel?"

"Ah, so you don't see it. Then we need to hurry up because it going to be dark soon."

Saying that, Delon then start to walk to the get the drop. While Ernest chasing him and asking Delon about what he saw.

"It looks like a pop up or something like that and it says that 'you've completed the quest' or something. It's also giving me something inside my inventory. Let's go Ernest, we need to kill one more monster to make you finish the quest."

Both Delon and Ernest then go looking for the drop and also looking for some monster to kill so that Ernest can finish his quest.

**

Meanwhile somewhere else.

"Hmm… I think I forgot something but, what is it. I just can't remember it, well let's just forget it. Maybe it's not that important."

A man sitting on his chair said that while looking at something like monitor in front of him.

"Let's see how many of you will die in this first stage. I hope many will survive this game, because it will be boring if all of you die in the first stage."

He's sitting in a room where the only thing that not broken is the chair that he sat on. The room looked like a storm just came in and destroy almost everything but a chair.

"I hope he's alive, so that I can get my revenge again. To die once won't be enough for what you've done to me. Right? Hahahahaha."

Behind him there is a corpse of something which can't be recognizing anymore. More like, it can't be called corpse anymore. Because it more looked like pieces of body part and more than one are missing, not only it got cut but, some of them got crushed.

The man who is now laughing can be called a lunatic more than a god.

1