Chapter 9: Back to base
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After three days of hunting and killing monsters, Delon and Ernest are getting stronger than they were before.

Their equipment also got upgrades, Delon still uses sword and shield like before, it's just that they are upgraded and of course the armor also got upgrades.

Ernest now got a new staff unlike before, the staff now are made from steel and not wood. He's armor also got upgrades the same as Delon did.

Both Delon and Ernest level are higher now thanks to the hunt that they did and Delon now got a new skill called Sword Mastery obviously because he used a sword as his weapon.

But the skill name is different from Ernest, while Ernest skill called Staff Technique and Delon called Sword Mastery.

At first Delon quite confused, why is the name is different and what's the difference. But soon he understands that Ernest's skill does not only make him can be used the staff more easily but also Ernest gets some technique from it, while his own skill only makes him can use the sword more easily and he's got no technique from it.

At first, Delon thinks that it was unfair, but he soon throws that thought away. Because Ernest got the skill from the pill he eats while Delon got the skill because he's not only used a sword as a weapon but also starts to use it better and better to finally got the skill.

Delon can only blame on his own luck to not get a skill like Ernest.

Right now Delon and Ernest are in front of the gate of military headquarters. in front of them, there are quite a number of people who are queueing to get inside the military headquarters.

The people in front of them are wearing many kinds of outfits, they also carry many kinds of weapons with them. From sword to the wands and also they look quite strong.

'Wow, it seems that the military starts to take money from people who want to get inside the base. Well, it kinds of makes sense because they are the ones who have the place and also they need money too, a lot of it if they still want to be the owner of the base.'

After a few minutes of waiting, it's finally their turn.

"2 silver for two people."

Hearing what the soldier talks, Delon takes out 2 silver from his inventory and give it to the soldier without saying anything.

After that, the soldier allows them to enter the base. Delon and Ernest then walk inside the base without waiting.

"Where are we going, Delon? "

"Hmm... Let's ask someone first because I really don't know where are we supposed to go."

"Well, ok then."

Delon then asks someone that looks like a soldier when he walks close to him.

"Bother I'm sorry, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

Although the soldier looked surprised for a moment, it went when he looks at Delon.

"Is there an inn here for us to sleep? or we should make tent ourselves like the first day?"

Hearing what Delon said, the soldier looks at him with a weird face.

"You don't even know about that? Are you those people who just go straight to the jungle and stay there for days?"

"That's right, I'm one of those guys it seems."

Delon feels a little bit embarrassed after hearing what the soldier said.

"Well, I can't say anything to you about what you did. But do be careful out there. About where you sleep, you can try your luck and go to the big building in the center. 

If you're lucky then you can find an empty room for you to take. Of course, you have to pay some coins there and you aren't that lucky, then you can find a spot to the west of the building from before and make a tent there yourself."

"Thanks, brother, and sorry for bothering you."

Delon thanking the soldier because he knew that some people might not answer him as the soldier does.

"Nah, it's ok. Just don't be reckless and do go back when it's dark. Don't stay in the jungle for too long cause it's really dangerous out there."

After saying thanks again to the soldier, Delon and Ernest walks away and go the building first to try their luck. 

The building where the soldier told is actually a barrack where it used to be where the soldier sleeps. But now, they used it as an inn and makes people pay for it.

Delon thinks that it is really interesting because the military can get easy money and they can just build a new house or place for a soldier to sleep.

Of course, Delon doesn't know everything about the ins and out.

When Delon and Ernest arrive at the building, they then ask the one that looks like a receptionist about an empty room.

But alas, all the rooms are filled so Delon and Ernest start to move towards the next destination.

Delon doesn't think too much about the room because he remembered that even the soldier said that it would be really lucky if he can get an empty room.

The place that Delon headed is not that far from the inn. Delon only walks around two hundred meters to finally arrive at the place.

There is a gate from the look of it, is just newly made and there are also two soldiers there stand by in front of the gate.

At first, Delon thought that there will be another fee to get inside, but from the look of it, there is none because there is no queue in front of the gate.

People just walk past the gate normally whether it is going in or out.

Delon and Ernest then walk past the gate and when they enter it, they saw so many tents standing here and there. 

Delon keeps moving trying to find a good empty place to make his tent.

After asking around for an empty place, Delon finally found a quite good place to make his tent.

The place is not that strategic, but it was quite close to the 'Bulletin Board'.

Bulletin Board places at the center of this field. While Delon place is at the west from it, although he needs to get past a few tents to finally reach the Bulletin Board, it's not that far.

After Delon and Ernest making their tent, they decide to place their sleeping bags and go to rest.

***

Hours passed and soon, evening comes.

Delon and Ernest woke up from their sleep. They both then eat something after that Delon asks Ernest.

"Hey Ernest, I think we should separate and find some information. Because we can get more information with that."

"Well, you're right. We should regroup here again after we finish it."

Delin nodded to what Ernest say.

"Let's go then, I will go right and you can go left Ernest."

"Whatever."

After saying that, Ernest just walked away leaving Delon standing there.

Delon just chuckled seeing that and then he too walk away from there.

Delon walks along the street to find a place like a bar. He thought that there isn't probably a place like a bar or something, but he wrong.

After he walks for a few minutes, he saw a tent big enough for around 100 people inside. He saw some people drunk go outside that place.

It really surprises him, because how they can get alcohol enough so they can sell them easily. In the first place, how can they get the alcohol?

At first, he thought about the city, but he throws that away from his thought.

'Is it possible that the monster drops it?'

Delon isn't wrong for doubting it, because, after so many monsters that he killed, there isn't one that drops something like alcohol.

They drop water, food, or even some clothes but not alcohol.

Delon then stops thinking and walks inside the bar.

Inside the bar are quite lively, there are many people here.

Delon then walks to the counter and starts to ask the bartender there after ordering some drinks.

"Brother, how do you get the drinks you have here? "

"Ah, are you a new guy here? If you are, then it's normal that you don't know.

It's from the drops."

"But I don't get it. I hunt quite a lot of monsters, but not one of them drops it."

"Well, it's normal. You were probably hunting at the north gate, it will only at east and west. So, like as I said, it's normal that you don't get it."

After Delon understands it, he starts to ask information to the bartender. Of course, he ordered more drinks while he at it.

"Do you know what happened in these last few days? You see, I'm out there these last few days, so I almost know nothing about the situation here."

The bartender looked a little bit shocked hearing what Delon said.

"It means you are one of those crazy guys that go out there and hunt all the time. 

Well, I don't really care about that anyway. From what you said it means that you know nothing, then let me tell you from the beginning.

After the first day or when the punishment comes is one of the biggest things that happened here. At least a fourth or close to one-third of people in this base gone because of punishment.

They went and become a particle of light. It was a sight to behold, it was beautiful and terrifying at the same time."

Delon shocked hearing that. Because he and Ernest went too far from the base, they can't see it themselves. 

"Next is, the military starts to make people go hunting in a group. They also start to take the quest more seriously than they were before.

Most of the people that die because of punishment are those that can't hunt for themselves. So, the military went and make the soldier and all the people complete the quest.

After that, there are groups that represent the gate that they hunt. Like this south gate is represented by the Starlight party."

After pausing for a moment, the bartender continued.

"Besides the Starlight party, there are three other parties or groups that represent gates. 

In the north gate, there is the Hounds party. 

In the west, there is the Oasis party.

In the east, there is the Valkyrie party.

This party will act as a guardian or more like a boss in their own gate. Because not only because they are strong in their own way, but they also have support from the military that makes them can act more freely.

But they also have a responsibility to guard their own gate in case the flood came every week if the word from that thing right."

"Then what about the military? There is no way that the military can still act like a lord if those parties are so strong right? Although the guns are strong, still with a really strong skill, it was nothing but a toy."

The bartender nodded hearing what Delon said.

"The leader from the military Abel Brightstone, have a really strong Bloodline. Not only that, but there are also quite a few people from the military that have Bloodlines. So, they can still become the leader of this base, at least as long as Abel Brightstone lives."

After that, Delon didn't ask any more questions and just drinking his drink silently as he processing everything he heard.

After a few more minutes, Delon finished his drink and paid the bartender, then he walks out and going back to the tent to meet with Ernest.

1