Chapter 10: Days passed and the start of the wave.(1/?)
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Delon and Ernest now are in a tent. After gathering the information, Delon already talked to Ernest about the information that he got.

Ernest also talked about the information that he got which is close to what Delon knows. If there is something different then, it would be that the information that Ernest got is more into individual information which Delon doesn't know.

From Ernest, Delon knows that each of the number of people in each party which are three to five people.

Some parties choose a smaller number because of experience problems, while some parties choose more numbers because of more efficient that way.

There are four people from the Starlight party and each one of them is stronger than the people from the military, of course not the leader though.

They are, Abraham Lightshore the leader of the Starlight party. He has a Vampire Bloodline, although not as good as Dracula,  it's strong enough.

Next is the vanguard of the team named Elliott Lake. He has the Bloodline of a knight, I don't know which knight, but that's what I heard.

The third one is a scout named Panji Sudirman, he has the Bloodline of Yokai or Cat Demon. He is really fast and he acts while Assasin while being a scout.

The last one is the ranged named James Taylor, he has the Bloodline of a Dwarf. Although he mainly used guns, he can also some magic, albeit not as good as a real mage.

Ernest doesn't check about the member of another party from a different gate, 'cause he forgot. But he got the information about their leader.

From the north gate, the Hounds party leader have a Werewolf Bloodline. Ernest doesn't know his name though.

While on the east which leads by the Valkyrie party,  their leader is actually a female or more like on the east, most of the people there are females. Because with the Valkyrie party being all females parties make the people there more comfortable.

The leader of the Valkyrie party Bloodline is Holy Knight or something, Ernest himself wasn't sure about it. As for the name is Jasmine Avisa, according to the rumor this Jasmine is really beautiful but again Ernest wasn't sure about it because he never met her before.

The last one is from the west, the Oasis party leader has a Bird? Or something like Harpy Bloodline. It was said that the leader of the Oasis party become Harpy-like and have wings fused? With his arms.

The information the Ernest got, although it is more detailed than Delon, it is a little fragmented.

After talking about the information that they got, Delon then talks about the plan about what will they do in the future.

"Since we got 3 or 4 days before the flood or waves to come, should we camp in the forest again or should we just stay here and hunt when we can."

Ernest asks Delon because he's really bad with planning or that kind of stuff.

"Well, we can go and camp again, but I think right now we should just stay here and take quest here. We can also explore the base while we at it. 

I think that when the flood comes, we will need to cooperate with other people. So we can take this time to know more people here so that when the flood came, we can at least cooperate more easily or maybe get help from other people when we're in danger later."

Ernest nod at what Delon said. He thought that getting to know more people won't be bad either and if he is lucky maybe he can even get acquainted with the leader of the Valkyrie party.

Ernest really curious how pretty she is, because from the rumor that he heard, the leader of the Valkyrie party is one hell of a beauty.

"That's fine for me. So, we still need to hunt even if we're at the base eh."

"Sigh. The quest said so, if we're not killing at least 3 monsters every day, we'll die."

Ernest only shaking his head hearing that.

After that, both of them decide to call it a day and that for the night.

***

The next day after Delon and Ernest woke up and prepared themselves, they start to walk around and take a look at the quest board.

Here there is a quest that was made by people who can't hunt for themselves. They post the quest here so that it will be easier.

There is also some quest made by the military or people who want to have some specific drop or even some plant or herb to research the of it.

The reward can be get by bringing the proof of the quest and the quest paper to the military office, the biggest building close to the inn.

For hunting quests, there is a little bit different. You need to take the quest paper and tore it so that it will be added to your quest panel.

It's because you hunt it for someone else and if it's not registered is the quest panel, the one who out the quest won't finish the quest and the will get punished.

Of course, for those hunting quests, there is no reward, it is voluntary. But, you can at least get the exp for killing the monsters. 

After looking at the quest board for a couple of minutes, Delon decides that they can get one hunting quest for each of them. 

This way, each of them has to kill 6 monsters for them to not only finish their own quest, but also the quest they got from here.

Delon and Ernest then took one quest paper each and tore it. After that, they to the forest to start to hunt.

When Delon and Ernest arrived at the gate, Delon then heard the sound.

"Ah, it's the pipe uncle."

"Stop it Niar, he was just training. Don't call him like that."

Delon then remembered the memory that he wants to forget.

Delon turns his head and sees 4 people with 2 girls and 2 men.

They are Brian and the other. He met them the night before the first day begin.

Delon really glad that they are still alive, although they can't be called his friends, still it will leave a bad taste in his mouth if they are die.

"Delon, I'm glad that you are alive. I really thought that you're dead because of punishment."

Roland said that while walking towards him.

"Delon, is this your friend that you were talked before?"

"Yes, he's name is Ernest Markus. Ernest this is Roland Heath and his party, I met them when we came to the base for the first time. They asked me to join their party before and I said no because you were sleeping before."

"Nice to meet you, Roland, I'm Ernest Markus, Delon friend."

"Nice to meet you to Ernest. You never met them before, so I introduced them. The girl with the sword is Rose Heath while the one with a wand is Niar Heath, they both my sister. The man at the back name Brian Reeves he is my friend."

"Nice to meet you guys."

Ernest said while waving his hand to the trio at Roland's back.

The trio who saw Ernest waving at them also wave back to Ernest.

"So, are you guys going out for hunting?"

"Yes, we also take a couple of quests."

"Do you want to join us? We can kill more monsters that way."

Delon looks at Ernest to see what he wants.

After seeing him nod, Delon then answer.

"Sure. But are you guys really ok with this? You know the exp you get will be shared right? And if we join you, then you guys will get less exp."

"It's ok, we can just hunt more monsters this way to fix the problem."

"Well, if you're ok with this then I won't decline it."

After that, Delon and Ernest walk with Roland's party. They both joining Roland's party to hunt together.

Delon talked about he's experience hunting with Ernest before, while Roland talked about the situation at the base.

Ernest also talked with the other member such as Rose and Niar, while Brian rarely speak.

After Delon said that he and Ernest mostly used some traps to kill the monster, he suggests to find someplace and make some traps there.

But then again, Roland said that they should just hunt some monster and not make a trap to not waste the time.

Delon thinks that what Roland said is right. Right now, he has more people with him and this will make the battle much more easily compare to before when he was just with Ernest.

After walking a few more minutes, Brian who walks ahead stops and giving a signal that there are monsters ahead of them.

"Get ready guys, Delon and I will be vanguard while Ernest and Rose will be our attacker. Niar will be staying at the back while attacking the monster with magic. Delon will keep watching Niar to guard her. 

Brian said how many monsters out there?"

Roland gives the command while the other nod at him.

Brian then speaks to Roland.

"3 goblins and 1 I think hobgoblin. 2 goblin using sword while 1 of them looks like mage or priest. The hobgoblin is most likely the commander and it is using a mace."

"Got it. Guys go with the formation that I just spoke and Brian, try to attack the mage or priest if you can."

Brian just nods at Roland while he is getting ready and taking out his two daggers.

"Niar, start chanting the spell. Rose and Ernest start to attack at my command."

Niar starts to chanting her spell without wasting time while Rose and Ernest taking out their weapon.

Roland readying his great shield and Delon taking out his sword and shield.

"ATTACK!!!"

After hearing Roland saying that, Rose and Ernest start to attack the two goblins while Roland himself attacking the hobgoblin.

Delon stays close to Niar while also keep watching the situation if there is someone that needs his help.

The monsters got startled because of sudden ambush of people that come out of the bush.

Watching the human who dares to attack him, the leader hobgoblin starts to roar and command it's subordinated to attack back.

Niar spell is ready is a few seconds and Brian try to sneak behind the groups of monster to attack the seem-to-be mage goblin.

"INCOMING!!"

When Niar spells ready, she said it and Roland who heard it start to back off while giving a command to the other.

"Get back!!"

Rose and Ernest get back from the goblin.

"FIRESTORM!!"

A storm of fire hit the leader hobgoblin while also hit the other three goblins although not as bad as their leader.

"GRRRUUUAAAGHHH!!"

The monsters try to retreats and get out of the range of the spell, but It's too late and from the looks of it only two monsters survive.

After the fire died out, the two monsters that survive come out, and surprisingly the leader, the hobgoblin is survived while the other monster who survives is the mage.

Brian doesn't miss his chance, he moves quickly and cut the head of the mage goblin.

Brian also tries to attack the hobgoblin but failed because it already notices him and swings its mace towards him.

Brian dodges quickly from the incoming attack.

Roland move towards the hobgoblin and used his shield to attack the hobgoblin.

Rose who saw all of this move quickly to support his brother and attack the hobgoblin who defended the attack from Roland shield.

Rose tries to stab the hobgoblin head, but it moves his head to the side.

But suddenly, Brian who dodge the mace attacked from hobgoblin before, move and cut the hobgoblin head.

Finally, all the monsters die and disappeared into particles of light.

"Haaahhhh... I never knew that the monster has a high resistance to magic. Really surprised me there."

Niar said that while wiping her non-existent sweat.

"Uhm... I feel like I'm really useless here."

Delon said it while getting embarrassed because he doesn't do anything in this fight.

"Hahaha... It's ok. We never fight together before this one. So, it's normal because I really don't know how both of you fight. I don't dare to command you guys to do something dangerous and it should be me who apologize."

Roland said it while scratching the back of his head.

"Well, that's true. Let's get the loot and find some more monsters so that we can fight and cooperate better."

"Yeah, let's do that."

Roland said that and move to get the loot.

The groups then start to move again after finished looting the drops from those monsters.

1