Chapter 11: Days passed and the start of the wave. (2/2)
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of the jungle, Delon and the others still fighting the monster.

This time, they are fighting a group of trolls.

"Niar, how is the spell?"

Roland asks Niar who is in the middle of the formation.

"5 more seconds!"

"Got it. Brian be ready to get back."

Now, Roland said to Brian who is in the front fighting the Mage Troll, try to distract a couple of them to defend the Mage.

Brian who heard Roland doesn't answer him only nod and keep remember when to get back.

Delon himself guarding the rear of the formation, fighting the Troll so that Niar can finish the spell without distractions.

"INCOMING!"

"Brian get back!"

Brian who heard Roland scream, moved as far as he can to get out of the range of the spell.

"FIRESTORM!"

Niar shot the spell try to hit as many as she can and of course try to kill the leader and the mage if it's possible.

Roland, Rose, and Ernest also get back from the range of the spell while Ernest tries to move back helping Delon to kill the Troll at the back.

Roland who saw this didn't say anything, because if Ernest can help Delon kill the Troll faster then that will be the best.

Niar also starts to prepare the spell to help kill the Troll at the back.

"FIREBALL!"

After Niar shot her spell, Delon and Ernest move to attack the Troll.

Just when Ernest about to kill the Troll, Delon stops him and kills the Troll himself.

Ernest doesn't angry at all, because he knows that Delon hasn't yet finished his mission while he already finished it.

Ernest then moves back to his position with Roland and Rose.

While Delon, Ernest, and Niar busy killing the Troll at the back, the fire from Niar first spells already gone and from it, there is only one survival which is the leader.

It is because Niar shot the spell more to the back position targeting the mage and those who close to it.

While the leader although is still in the, but it's more close to the outside which makes the power diminished.

Roland who saw the leader still alive, start to charged to the leader while raising his shield.

While Roland holding the angry Troll, from the back of the Troll, Brian moved trying to attack the Troll.

With a cut from Brian's dagger, Troll starts to scream. 

Rose doesn't miss the chance and stabs the heart of the Troll with her sword and finished the Troll life.

Finally, all the monsters now dead and become loot for Delon and the others.

After finished picking all the loot, Roland then speak.

"All right guys, let's go back now. I think all of you already finished the quest right?"

Hearing Roland speaks, the other five nodded their head.

Roland then moves towards the base without anymore speaking.

It takes Delon and the others around 15 minutes to finally go back to the base.

On the road, they met some people still hunting monster even though it's already quite dark.

They don't help them, because it will only cause a misunderstanding between them.

Those people might think that Delon and his party want to steal the monster kill.

So, Delon and the others just walk away and not doing anything.

After walking for a few more minutes, they finally arrived at the base.

Entering the base, Delon and Ernest said goodbye to Roland and his party so that they can rest for now.

Delon and Ernest go to the bar for dinner.

"Delon, tomorrow will be the first wave that will come. Do you think the monsters that  will be strong?"

Ernest asks Delon after they order some food and drinks.

"Well, I would be lying if I said that I'm not worried about tomorrow. But, somehow I'm looking forward for tomorrow wave.

You know that we've been training every day and although I can say that we are strong, I don't know about other people here except Roland's party."

Ernest nodded hearing what Delon said.

"We never met the Starlight party, even though we keep hunt every single day. It's like they hunt somewhere we don't know or we're just never got the chance to meet them."

"I really hope that tomorrow we all can survive the wave.

Also from Lav, we know that the wave will get stronger every week and at the end of the month, it will be much stronger than the previous waves."

"Yeah, if we can't even handle the first wave then we might get slaughtered in the next wave."

Delon only let out sigh hearing what Ernest said.

Delon then sees a waitress bringing their good, so he stops talking and start to eat the food that's on the table.

Ernest also starts eating when the foods have been served.

After both of them done eat dinner, Delon and Ernest walks out of the bar and go to their tent to finally get some rest.

***

The next day.

Delon and Ernest wake up and prepare for the wave if it's really happening.

Delon then sees many people including those from the military group up on their own gate. 

"Hello, hello. This is your beautiful Lav here speaking. 

I see that you guys prepare for the wave. Although I can see that some groups still don't care about this and there are groups that gone, but what can I do? I've already told you guys everything you need to know.

Let's forget it and move to the objective here. 

Like I've said before, there will be a wave every week and there is a big wave at the end of every month.

Because this is the first wave, so I would make this easier for you guys. You should thank me for this."

Suddenly, there is someone who appears in the sky of the base.

Someone who everyone here doesn't want to see.

After the explanation from Lav, people who heard that there are groups that gone or dead, they become scared. 

But after they heard that the first wave will be easier they become quite a relief that maybe they can still be alive after this wave.

"There will be a leader in every wave. To stop this wave or make the monster retreat, you can kill this leader or you can kill all the monsters. Easy right?

You might ask, why would you need to kill all the monsters to stop the wave if you can just kill the leader?

The answer is because the reward will be higher if you kill all the monsters.

There might be an Artifact or even some godly pills that make you much much more stronger.

So, all of that is left on you to choose whether to take the chance or not."

People who heard Lav once again feel relief hearing that they don't need to kill all the monster. But that's different with people who have the authority, they think about what might be the reward from killing all the monsters.

If they can have all the rewards by themselves, they can become the strongest and with that, they can even rule the base that they live in or even the whole world.

At least that's what they thought.

"So, are you ready for the wave?

I hope you guys ready. Because it will come soon whether you're ready or not.

Just remember guys stay alive, because it will be boring if all of you die only in the first wave.

And good luck, you need that."

After that, the hologram of the Succubus gone and people still processing all the things that Lav have said.

After a few minutes, the people in the base where Delon now already moving, trying to group up with the people they know.

Delon and Ernest themselves trying to find Roland groups so that they can be together in this wave.

The military start to move and arrange people to groups up and begin to give some instructions.

After a few minutes searching, Delon finally found Roland group. 

Delon then talk to them about the upcoming wave.

They decide to move together and not go inside the forest to deep.

Although the mage can go group up with the military Roland decide that they should go together. At least that way he can protect his sister better.

Delon also asked Roland if there is some order from the military, because he himself haven't talk to the military groups.

Roland said that the military itself doesn't give some ridiculous order. They also said that if it's possible, we can kill all the monster, if not, then just kill the leader.

Because the number of people in the base keep dropping since the first day of apocalypse.

Also, they don't have an infinite number of bullets and other stuff, so it's better to look at the situation first then decide later.

After that, Delon and others start to move towards the place that assign by he military.

It is in front of the gate, but they got in the middle of the formation.

The Starlight party will be in the front of the formation acting as a vanguard, while some of the military will back them as they have more personnel and also the more good equipment so they also act as a vanguard helping the Starlight party.

For those who have a magic skill will be at the rear. Also those who used guns and other long-ranged weapon will be at the rear.

The leader of the military, Abel Bgrightstone, will be stand by to help all the gate if they can't take the monsters.

After waiting for around 10 more minutes, finally the scout came back and report that there are sight of monsters coming from deep within the jungle.

The numbers are around hundreds of them and there is also a leader and some commander commanding other monsters.

After hearing the information from the scouts, all the people in the south gate finished their prepared and start to take out their weapons.

"Guys, remember to stay safe and don't be too greedy to kill the monsters. All we need is to survive this wave."

Roland tell the people in his party.

Delon also nodded hearing that. He knew his own power the best and he never once think that he is strong enough to survive this wave alone.

He will do his best to survive and also help others if he can.

The time is ticking and finally the monsters come out of the jungle.

The monsters are mainly from the Orc tribe. The normal Orc are at the front, acting as a shield for the Orc Warriors at their back.

There are also Orc Mage in the middle of their formation. While behind them are the Orc Knight acting as the commander.

There is one Orc that stand out from the rest, which probably the leader of this wave.

From the looks of it, its probably the Orc Prince or maybe the Orc King.

Then people see that the Orc Knight start to give command to the others Orc.

After that, all the Orc begin to move. They looks like about to start attacking.

Seeing that the monster start to move toward them, the support start to give buff for the vanguard and the mage start preparing their spells.

Elliot Lake the knight of the Starlight party moved forward after get the buff from the support. 

He used the taunt skill to attrack the monster to attack him.

Abraham Lightshore used a skill and then some red orbs start to floats around his body.

His body also begin to changes as a pair of bat-like wings come out from his back.

Abraham taking out a sword and begin to move with Elliot as his tank.

The other people also start to move when they saw that Starlight party moved forward.

After a minute, the spell launch from both sides.

The people who act as a vanguard used their skill to defend againts the spell attack from the Orc Mages.

But there are still some spell that escapes their wall of defence injuring a few people.

The monsters side also not leave unschatched. 

There are many monsters that died and becoming loots and there also many that got injured from the spell attacked.

But none of it injured the Orc Knight or even the leader.

Those from vanguard unit now already start to confront the monsters.

Abraham start to kill monsters in front of him. The orbs surrounding him starts to suck the blood from the monsters that got injured close to him.

Delon and others that in the middle of the of the formation also start to confront the monsters helping those from the vanguard unit.

The mages also arent that idle, after firing their first groups of spell, they begin to prepared the next spell while those that uses guns and other ranged weapon keep attacking the monsters.

The fight is just begin and they all hope that they can survive this one fight.

1