Act II – Palace | Farewell
51 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hot summer days pass with relative tranquility in the lives of the two beastly girls, who since they began to share a residence, each day they were learning more skills, as well as getting to know each other more.

As one afternoon Yue suggested how much the limit of Rin's racial magic was.

"Rin, have you ever tested how hot you can get?" Yue said, stopping after writing on the floor for a while.

"No, it's hungry."

"Well, I know that, but I'm curious, so I brought you this, for you to try," she said taking out some buns hidden in her uniform, and then put them away.

"Where?."

"You don't ask and accept my designs."

"Well..." Rin said, thinking that maybe she has saved some lunch, like some servant.

"Well, now let's do this, give me your hand, and you are heating up to your limit, if I feel very hot I release it, but you continue that I will touch you with a leaf, ok?"

"Ok..."

Rin said accepting, to then take Yue's hand and start to warm it up; the pace was fast being that the second was already warm, at three it was hot, and at five it was unbearable for Yue who let go of her hand and started using a leaf, then after seven seconds, the tip of the leaf dried up, but it happened that after this, Rin decided to stop.

"It's all," Rin said

"Is that your limit?" Yue questioned.

"No ... but it hurts," Rin said showing her hands, which were red from the heat.

"Auch, I'm sorry, it's good that you didn't continue, good listening to what you say. So you can continue, but your body can't take it?"

"Umm yeah," Rin said after thinking about it.

"Yeah, well, it seems that you have a physical but not magical limit, I think that with practice you can improve, but I think you're not willing to do that," Yue analyzed.

"No, I don't like hunger," Rin said.

"Yeah, I figured it out, so I guess you're already hungry?" Yue asked to give him the scones.

"No, little time doing this," Rin said.

"How? And what did I think I was giving you at once," Yue said.

"No, it takes at least a minute," Rin explained.

"Minutes... well then I guess I'll keep the buns."

"Give me, you promised," she said, smiling.

"You ... scammer," Yue said to then give the buns to Rin and then laugh with her.

Yes, they both had fun and were amazed, as you see that Rin discovered that Yue could read and write but not this language, on any given afternoon when she was teaching Yue numbers and she asked her out of curiosity

"Rin, do you by any chance know math?"

"Yes, add and subtract," she said proudly.

"Ah, just that," Yue said arrogantly and then said, "well, I, in addition to that, multiply, divide and after things."

"Umm? But you can't read," Rin said, doubtful of her friend's mind.

"Of course I know, but the language of my tribe, you know my tribe is very smart," Yue said proudly but then she was saddened saying, "Too bad your language is not served..."

"I see..." Rin said thinking that her friend's tribe was very impressive.

Then, as a matter of fact, it did not take two sentences, for Yue to agree to teach Rin, in a basic way these mathematical operations, as well as the numbers of her tribe, which Rin hardly used since those who she knew, did the same.

They were days of warm learning, of warm exchange, of warm friendship, but just as summer ends to give way to autumn; people's routines at some point must change, and that is precisely what happened to Rin at the end of summer, when she was Alone in the yard waiting for her friend, while she saw how her finger moved with her mana, as a result of her friend's training to be 'super-strong'.

"I hope nothing happens to her" Rin thought with concern since while the two of them were heading here, she was summoned by our boss, the head servant.

These concerns were not so far-fetched, since she always remembered that every time they called her it was out of scolding or because they sold her, therefore, to face these thoughts, she decided to practice despite the absence of her friend, who fortunately would appear later before her.

"Hehe, sorry for waiting," Yue said with a slightly awkward smile.

“What did she want?” Rin asked intrigued.

"Well, this one, I was promoted! That's good, right?"

When Rin heard this, she could sigh in relief, but she immediately remembered the time she was promoted and the obscure reason why, why it caused the worry to return in her, causing her to explode saying "Tell me everything!"

"Eh, well, she didn't tell me much though," Yue started saying, and then voraciously explained her promotion.

It turns out that the phrase that the walls listen to, should not be underestimated, since the fact that she knew magic had filtered through the servant, reaching the highest levels of the palace.

Yue explained fluently that when she was told this, she was scared by the uncertainty of the deal with the mages, but was relieved when the head servant told her that it was something very good, rare, and highly requested reason for this, a concubine of the prince, requested her as her personal servant.

That would be essentially all she had to explain, but the fact of this promotion meant one thing, which brought her sadness Yue who couldn't help but filter this feeling out by explaining this reason.

"Well, as I am now going to be working deep within the palace for the concubine, it seems that it will be very difficult for me to meet you."

"Yue..." Rin said sadly as she understood this.

"Hehe, but it doesn't matter, I'll see how I strain, you know I thought about telling you that you also knew magic but, then I remembered that you didn't want to ascend, you still think that? I can talk and tell them about you so we will be, together, so what do you say to me?" Yue said a little cheerfully.

When she heard this, Rin felt excited and happy, but she came to herself, and this danger so present in her memory, was made her shut up for a long time, before telling her friend, who was waiting patiently for her.

"I'm sorry, I can not."

"Yeah, I see, it's fine, I don't blame you, then I'll just go ahead with sneaking in," Yue commented a bit discouraged.

"Yue..."

"Yes, what happens?"

"Take care of yourself, take care, take care, don't get killed, don't let them sell you, please" Rin spoke and cried who knew the things that could happen to her precious friend, and that she could not do anything, since you servant like them, They had no voice nor vote in their destinations.

For which she could only cry and wish the best to her friend, who hugged her and consented saying.

"Fine, fine, little girl, you will see that this lady will not let herself be killed, indeed, with my super cheating knowledge I will live like a queen, so don't cry."

And so it went on and on for a while until night came and the moment when she had to leave the residence, being accompanied by the voices of jealousy from her fellow residents, but among them, there was a sincere voice that said goodbye with appreciation.

"See you later Yue, my friend, please take care of yourself."

 

Announcement

Hello everyone, I hope you liked this chapter, which is the end of this act, and thank you for following this novel to that point as well as your support.

Now about act III, speaking frankly at this moment I have a chapter done, and I estimate that for the act, there will be about 6-12 chapters.

Although of course, I had calculated that the first would be around three chapters, but you can see that it got out of hand.

Anyway, for the next act, I'll start posting again once I have it ready.

So I say goodbye saying, patience and thanks for reading.

 

1