Act III – Warehouse | Intensity
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A few days have passed since Rin has been accepted into the warehouse, and during these days, she has not remained unoccupied but has been mostly learning about the place and the way of working from her superiors.

It is in this apprenticeship that Rin knew in a general sense, that there are normally three eunuchs who manage the place, the manager and two assistants, of which Rin along with four other servants are currently under his care.

Other small things that she knew, is that this place had three entrances, one for employees which is where she enters and the others for those who come to request or enter a good, of which one is for the handling of relatively small goods and others are for goods of either large or massive quantities.

But in addition to all this and more than Rin had learned, she had the doubt that even though a week had passed since she entered, in a global sense the warehouse has remained quite inactive, despite the reminders that this period was going to be intense.

Fortunately, this doubt had been clarified a bit, when hearing this concern asked through one of the servants.

"Sir, this humble servant has a doubt, I hope you can clarify it for me."

"Yes, what happened," said the eunuch.

"It's been a week, and there's hardly any activity other than files."

"Yeah, look, what happens is that the horror comes in the week of the festival, this period is for them to learn."

"Oh yeah, that's the way it is ... thank you very much for your kindness."

"You're welcome, now get on with yours."

Certainly, this answer brought satisfaction not only to her companion's curiosity but also to herself, but Rin, now knowing this, during the following week she insisted more on studying in preparation for hell, since even if the eunuch, not tell her, she knew, that failures are punished and this increases according to the responsibility of your work.

And this decision, this effort, was not in vain, since between the days, the mystical week of horror had arrived, which, asserting its name on high, has monopolized all the time of the workers including Rin.

So much was this, that Rin, who almost always was not allowed to attend to visitors because she was a beast, had to start attending more often, one of these times, for example, was that she had to attend a certain visitor who came with a trolley.

This visitor, unlike the servants, was an official who worked in the palace, who had long gray hair as a descriptive feature as well as his mustache, a sign of his advanced age, age of which was not lived in vain, since his face exuded a presence of authority and wisdom.

But this presence, this dignity, was corrupted by her murky thoughts.

[Oh my, I was so close to winning the bet, if I had rolled a six and not a five, I wouldn't have to stoop to look for these papers.]

"Good morning dear sir, how can this humble servant help you?" Rin appeared before he to attend him with the greatest etiquette and courtesy, which, together with her words, made the lord pay attention.

[Oh yeah right, what I came to, but what is this, a beast? Wait, is it a woman? This is weird.]

Thought of noble lord when he noticed Rin's presence, and then spoke to her while showing her a paper

"Yeah, I want umm, some materials, here's the form."

"Understood, dear sir, this humble servant will immediately set off, please be patient," Rin spoke politely, and then took the role and left to do her duty.

[Oh, how strange, usually the servants try to offer themselves more to serve me, well, that's better, clingy girls are annoying and inefficient] The man thought when he noticed that this request was not much, it was just a few reams of paper and some pots of ink, which was easy for Rin to pick up, who knew at this point where things were, the manager being her only delay since she had to review the form.

But even with this, Rin was able to resolve the request quickly enough not to disturb the guest who was more or less entertained, watching and praising how that androgynous beast girl did her task with utmost efficiency and elegance, as well as comparing her with the useless servants who serve him.

"This would be everything requested dear sir, I beg you to forgive this humble servant for this delay" Rin spoke after finishing arranging things in the lord's cart.

"Yes, everything's fine, don't worry, then I'll retire," the man said a little strangely again, as he did not receive more than necessary from her, and then left for his workplace, with this creature in mind and with the doubt of how the store could get it.

But these thoughts did not matter to Rin, since she only wanted to fulfill her duty without getting into trouble.

Problems that fortunately did not occur during these intense weeks in the warehouse in addition to some hurtful words or sharp looks.

The only thing, that could be called problematic, in those weeks, was that as the day of the festival approached, the work was much harder and the fewer hours of sleep Rin and the others had, as well as great stress, which the only one allowed Put it openly when they were alone, It was the manager who from time to time complained saying.

"By all the gods! How great is the prince looking to make the festival, we are full of decorations, I think this year the prince will fulfill his mission of filling the entire warehouse to the point of having to store things outside ...".

And certainly, these words were not exaggerated, since the warehouse in normal conditions was only half full, and now in recent days, many smaller goods had to take up space on the floor due to lack of space, leaving the strange situation, that the workers, including Rin had to jump between things in order to pass.

But, the effect occurred that, through several days of effort, the warehouse had been filled, on the early morning of the day of the festival, unlike those who were immersed in happiness for the celebration, all the warehouse workers were exhausted by fatigue, somewhere in the warehouse which was now at its normal capacity, but with many messy things.

1