Act III – Warehouse | Doubt
26 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hard work of the palace workers paid off, resulting in a great and imposing festival, which, unfortunately, several of those responsible could not enjoy it and even less, be able to rest even after this.

And this is because, just as they had the duty to arm it, they now had the duty to disarm it; a duty of which the general warehouse staff was also a part.

For this reason, even if everyone was fatigued and late-night since the end of the festival, they still had to work the day after this, which, in particular, no one was able to be late because everyone had slept that night in the store.

"Wake up, wake up," Rin's supervisor said to her, who was asleep under a shelf.

"Yes ..." She said stunned upon awakening by these words, but then when she focused her eyes and saw her supervisor, she became nervous and pale.

"Easy ... we're all ahhh," yawned the supervisor to continue saying, "same ..., but we have a meeting, with the manager."

Rin, hearing this explanation, had some relief and it increased to see better her supervisor also in a sorry state.

Thus, already relaxed, after apologizing politely, she got up and then headed to the meeting, route and moment in which, she noticed that everyone had stayed to sleep here, and were in a similar or worse state to her, being the eunuchs in worse shape, as they were stopped first by the manager, who was now waiting for them in the middle of the warehouse sitting in a chair with dark circles in his eyes.

"Well, we're all ..." Manager Yon began to speak, still sleepy.

"As you can see, it must be around 6 in the morning, and I know everyone is sleepy, including me, but unfortunately this is not over yet, the eunuchs here who have been here past festivals will already know this."

"Now, what I'm going to say is mostly for the new ones, look at it as a matter of fact, once the festival is over, now it's time to pick up and clean up the mess, and we always have to put things away."

"But the detail, is that many of the things that will come are already useless, so as a solution, in order not to fill this warehouse with garbage, these things that will come, will go directly to the warehouse next door, which is like an annex to this and serves as a garbage can."

"Well, that would be more or less everything ..., supervisors, you know what to do, so get started, ahhh hoped that this year, there will be no disaster in the internal palace" Manager Yun finished by fearing for more work, for disasters strangers.

Without rudeness or seriousness, manager Yon had explained because of his fatigue, and just as he acted with ease, the supervisors, also reluctant to sleep, also took it easy when carrying out their tasks.

Tasks in which, Rin was able to know for the first time this warehouse, which she always saw abandoned, but now she knew why.

This warehouse, This dirty and abandoned warehouse, had nothing special, it was just a large space, filled with several shelves, half of them occupied by the trash from previous festivals or other events, basically defined as decorations of various kinds or broken furniture, being the only office area, a desk located in some corner.

Thus, with the passing of the hours and the work slowly arrived with reluctance, she was learning that the paperwork of this place was carried along with the papers of the general store and was very similar, only with the detail, that the place where housing the goods was different.

But, in addition to learning this, she learned in the afternoon, a piece of news that Manager Yon had predicted and hoped for, but did not want it, and it was a disaster in the inner courtyard.

And this disaster, Rin, this time she found out when her supervisor told them.

"Hey, girls, maybe you don't know, but here, in these years it has become, custom if you can say so, that someone important dies at the festival, in this case, we found out that one of the prince's concubines was executed, by trying to poison the prince, I tell you this so that you are prepared for more work since several of your belongings somehow end up here, and there are usually few..."

More work, this was not important for Rin, who when hearing that the concubine died, began to theorize without hesitation and with great fear, that if the concubine died, it is likely that all or some of her servants were going to die for a matter of complicity.

And it was the case, that her friend Yue, coincidentally, was the servant of a concubine, but was this unfortunate soul the owner of Yue or if this were the case, Yue died of complicity or was saved, or perhaps a worse fate awaited her.

These theories, these thoughts were enough, to fill Rin's life with torment these days, unable to do anything but pray in her mind and continue with her work.

"Please Yue, don't be dead, you promised you were going to be queen or something like that"

"Please Gods, that she is not dead"

But despite this martyrdom, she could not ask the others if they had news of her friend, since she swore that everything they could tell them would be a lie.

Although, who was lying to her was herself, since even if she denied it, the truth is that she did not have the courage to ask and therefore the courage to know the truth.

And this, evolved without realizing it, as a matter of self-healing to a cowardly exit which he thought, one night to a week after the festival.

"Yes, I shouldn't worry without knowing, since this will kill me, for sure she's fine, she must be fine."

But she knew, although she will bury him in a forgotten corner of her mind, that her friend could be dead ... and this, she was going to be stabbing her heart until she knew it.

And next to it, now the next day, her stomach was now being stabbed by nerves from the news that the manager gave everyone.

"At this point, we can conclude the work of the festival, now comes the detail, what will become of you now that your work is over and you are not necessary?"

2