Act IV – Purchasing | Manager
27 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first days are always difficult, especially for Rin who always kept in mind that she was not loved by others, but even so, she did her job, which fortunately only consisted of going from one place to another handing out papers or food.

But there was still a doubt that gnawed at her inside in addition to her distrust of a betrayal, and it was, that where was she going to sleep?

To her relief, at the end of the day, this problem had been solved, since in addition to replacing the position of the old assistant, she too, unknowingly occupied her bed in some of the rooms where the servants slept.

And this room, in particular, was where all the servants who worked in purchases resided, which could not give a good welcome to Rin based on insults and contempt, but above all, jealousy.

Yes, jealous, they were jealous of Rin, who even being of the same level and also being a beast and a stranger, arrived like a fall from heaven, to the great position of assistant to the management, since she could allow them to any of them an opportunity to leave the palace as a concubine or wife if she was lucky.

But even with this jealousy, this hatred, they had to contain themselves, either by the laws of non-violence, or by the threat of the manager, so they could only risk insulting her or ignoring her.

Rin for her part, this was nothing new, since she had experienced a similar situation and therefore this bath of contempt was the only noise in her ears.

The same strong ears as 3 days later after another successful day without accidents, she heard before sleeping, jealous words about her but that gave information from her boss.

"How can a vulgar beast be in management and not one of us."

"Yes, what kind of ruse did he use to charm the esteemed manager Sou."

"No idea, only she will know, dear, I almost wish they hadn't thrown her out, at least she helped us a little."

"Uju, maybe we shouldn't have told him about the manager after we told him she started acting crazy."

"Hey yeah, that's it, let's tell Rin about the manager so if we're lucky, she'll leave by herself just like the previous one."

And when that idea fell, the others were in agreement, causing one of them to go to where Rin was, who was listening to everything while trying to sleep.

[What will they tell me ...?, Although I doubt that this will change anything,] Rin thought with curiosity at this action against her, which she would know in some moments after the servants woke her up.

"Hey listen, my friends and I thought it would be good for you to know this, for your safety."

[I think their impudence is so great that their logic is failing] Rin thought about these kind words, but still, she didn't say anything and kept listening.

"Look, you know who the manager Sou really is, well, you see, he was the previous prime minister of the empire, the one who was down only for the emperor and princes. It is not known why he got to this position, but what is known is that he got on the right foot, so he still maintains his authority and influence.

"We tell you this so that you take good care of yourself, since with his power, who knows what could happen to you ..., but conversely you can be very lucky if he likes you, and I think you already have an advantage"

[Aff this is very bad ..., But in the end, it does not change the fact that he is still another one who can kill me or something worse.] Rin thought with concern at the power of this boss but relieved to reason that this in itself does not change anything.

So Rin at this fact simply decided to try harder and be more careful, as well as happily doubting the intelligence of her companions about such an obvious attack.

1