Am I… A zombie?
84 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

quiet rustle of leaves was heard in the street. The wind gently blew through the alleys and roads, and everyone's favorite snow-white clouds easily trudged across the sky. It was night and lanterns brightly illuminated some parts of the dark street. It was in such areas that the first infected were seen.

The rotten dead roamed the night streets and broke into houses, devouring and turning the inhabitants of Florida into the same rotten ones as themselves. Meanwhile, our main character was quietly snoring in bed and did not even realize that the process of turning into a walker had already begun.

***

In the morning

Akro opened his impossibly tired eyes as he lay on the blue bed. It was still surrounded by white walls, a familiar bedside table and a desk with a laptop. In place was the same wide-open oak door with two parallel windows.

But something was wrong here. Looking down a little, Akro noticed small traces of blood leading to his bed. "What is it, someone is dead or what?!?!?" Akro wanted to scream, but he couldn't. Something hindered him. Instead of his usual voice, only a dull sound came out.

Akro wrinkled his forehead and stood up. Barely moving his limbs, he went to the mirror next to the computer. Instead of his reflection, a pale man gazed into him. Brown hair, decrepit muscles, red bloodshot eyeballs. A bitten green T-shirt with the ironic words "So far, so good". Veins were clearly visible through his thin skin.

Akro turned pale and lifted his shirt. There was a bite, and a very strong one, literally a small lump of his flesh to the left of his navel was bitten off. "Wh-what the ..." - thought Akro. He narrowed his eyes and bared his teeth, hissing. "Blood, bite, pallor, excessive lethargy, inability to say even a word .. Am I really a zombie?" - Asked himself in the thoughts of Akro and barely raising his hand scratched the back of his head.

"No, it can't be .. Maybe there are clues on the street?" - Thought the man and went to the window. Looking through the frame, he saw the following - dilapidated streets, wrecked cars, a lot of vegetation. And most importantly, the same rotten zombies walk the streets just like him. "Damn, damn, damn!" - Couldn't believe Akro. "I slept through the Zombie Apocalypse, turned into a zombie myself, what's next? I'll die right now?" - The man began to blame his fate, still inspecting the destroyed streets.

"So, if vegetation has already appeared and traces of destruction, then I slept for a long time. Maybe a year or two, I'm not sure" - Acro calmed down and thought about everything that happened to him. “When I went to bed it wasn’t like that,” Akro thought again. "So such devastation could not have arisen overnight. There is only one conclusion - I was in a coma from infection" - summed up Akro and wrinkled all over.

Akro clutched his head and began to think how much he had missed. Weapons, glory, their settlement, epic slaughter with zombies ... "Ehhh ..." Acro sighed and drooped. "Okay, sitting at home is not an option. What do zombies eat there, like flesh, right?" - The man thought uncertainly. "Okay, don't rush, zombies don't need to eat. Or maybe they should, hell knows ..." - Akro chuckled, still wondering what to do.

Suddenly the door to his apartment swung open.

0