S1 Ch. 1 – Obi Summoned In Another World!
64 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Senju Obi!"

A woman in a nursing suit entered the Class-1 as her eyes landed to Senju Obi's vacant chair over the last corner of the room, beside the open window. 'He's not here! Where'd he ran off to?'

She gritted her teeth and looked at the class. "Where's Senju Obi?" She asked, only to receive nothing but the puzzled look of everyone of what was going on. There's no respond.

One of the group of girls at the back stood while continuously chewing a gum on her mouth. "Um, why are you looking for him, teacher Rin?" --Instead of getting an answer, the teacher just hurriedly went off the class leaving them puzzled and confused.

"Hey, do you guys have an idea why teacher Rin's looking for that goodie-guy?" One of the class stood up on his chair pointing his finger to Obi's chair, as the whole class started murmuring their thoughts and guesses to each one. While then the girl beside him just deeply think off in silence. 'What could have happened to him? Is it... an emergency call?' She looked outside the window beside her worried. 'Obi...'

Meanwhile at the school's mini forest, Obi's steadily sitting on a bench. The sun's lighting up the elegance of his dark wavy hair with his adorable bangs, adding up how neat he carry himself. He was gazing at the clear blue sky thinking of some things to deal with and settle off when suddenly his eyes drawn to the kid who was walking alone on the other side of the pathway. Looking at the kid, he can tell those eyes speaks off sadness.

"Ahh!" The kid screamed as he slipped on a banana peel and fell to the floor. Obi quickly ran to the kid and carefully helped him stand on his feet for the path's a bit rocky and cement.

"Are you okay?" Obi asked with concern as the kid's back on his feet again. Shy and quite, the kid looked at Obi and responded with a silent nod.

Obi smiled reassured and leaned, leveling himself to the kid, "You're still a kid. What are you doing here in a high school? Are you with someone?" He asked soft and calm. His gentle smile almost hid his small eyes.

Unsure on what to respond, the kid looked down and tried his best to look away from him. Obi then immediately noticed that this kid seems to be shy. "Umm, mommy said... not to talk... to strangers... Sorry, big brother."

Obi laughed softly when he heard what the kid said. "Is that so? No worries, it's ok! I'm Senju Obi! Now, it seems like i'm no longer a stranger, right? What's your name?"

The kid looked up to Obi and slowly smiled. "My name's Ida... And i'm with mommy, big brother. We're here to fetch big sister."

Obi couldn't help but to smile. "Is that so? Then... what are you doing here all by yourself? Aren't you lost?" He asked confused and looked around them. There are only few people here and he couldn't see any adult that might be Ida's with.

Ida shook his head. "I've been here since big sister came to Yamanaka. So there's no way i'm lost."

"Oh, i see. But... why are you all by yourself?" Again, he asked scratching his head and poorly laughing.

"Umm, I..." Ida pouted and looked at the icecream store on their other side. "Well, I came here to buy an icecream but... I lost the money i asked from mommy so, i... I decided to just go back and act that i've eaten my icecream..." Hearing what he said, Obi felt sad for the poor kid.

He also went through something like that when he was a child. The memory's still fresh on his mind. He can still remember his self being careless and losing his money on the road, yeah, it was found by one of his classmates back then. But instead of using the money for buying an icecream, he came up with an idea and saved it. That's when he learned about money savings.

"Why don't you tell your mom? I'm sure she'll give you a replacement money--"

"No..." Ida cut him off. "There's nothing i could do, mommy will get angry once she learns about this. It's not like i could ask for money anytime." Now, Obi felt more sad for Ida.

He stretched out his arms and patted Ida's head. "I guess it couldn't be help." He smiled, "Come, i'll treat you."

Ida whose face's down just a minute ago suddenly lightened up and his eyes sparkled. "Really?! You're treating me, big brother?! Have i heard it right?!" He asked as he followed Obi on the pathway. Obi then nodded and gave him a thumbs up.

Well, it couldn't be help. That's Senju Obi, after all. The one they named the 'goodie-guy' for being such a nice guy. To elders, to kids, to whoever that person is-- he's kind to all of them. Even to those bastards and jerks who sometimes pick on him. Well, to avoid such troubles, all he does is to resist and keep himself away from those troublesome dudes.

He's a kind hearted guy. But off course there's always a problem to an individual, right?

Obi indeed got a good heart. But... Well, how shall we put this? Senju Obi's... brain cells are sometimes absent when it comes to studying. 'Ahaha.' He's sometimes clueless on his surroundings, too. And that's when some dudes takes advantage on him.

To put it simply, he's got a poor intelligence. But that doesn't matter right? As long as one has a brain, instead of having no brain to work at all! More importantly, what's really admiring to him is his kindness among his fellows.

"Yeah. So, what, what flavor?"

"I want cookies and cream big brother! In advance to it thank you!"

"Ahahaha. Yeah, yeah..." Obi opened his wallet. Frustratingly scratching his head, he looked at the icecream store. 'How much is that anyway? It looks like those icecream over there are professional men. But first to come, how shall I manage my money now that i'm treating a kid?' A sweat escaped his head.

A minute later... Obi busy looking at his money was left all by himself again on the bench. Ida just left with his mother who found out about this and was later on thankful to him. Now, he's left in a deep thought. How will he manage this amount of money he only carried for today? But, well, it's already after school. It will be best if he just head home and add his savings today on his money box.

He zipped off his wallet and putted it back on his pocket. Before he left the bench, he did some basic stretch outs first then he continued on his way back to their class now. For sure the cleaners are the only ones left in their class right now. He's glad he's not one of them.

While on his way to the junior high second building beside the Tenkai Bridge, his mind wondered.

In the anime industry, otakus say, bridge-sama is the love connector. He wonder if his love of life will come and appear if he go there? Like in anime, both will cross paths and love will connect them. But, he guess it's different from reality.

He stopped and looked under the bridge and saw there some fishes peacefully swimming and jumping on the water, there are also some water lilies there, and he even saw-- frogs!

"Yikes!" He creeped out and covered his body disgusted. "This gives me a creeps... I'm never gonna fall on that water!" He quickly dashed off to the bridge like a mad horse with his eyes closed until he had reach the bridge.

He sighed in relief, "Phew. What a traumatic-- (frogs) Yikes!" And again, he almost jumped on his feet when he imagined an image of a frog-- an image of a smiling, tounge out, laughing frog!

He screamed as the disgusting frog continued to swallow his mind. He even shook his head many times for it to disappear. After some time, we could say It took him a hundred years before he managed to break through to that nightmaric imagination.

He held his chest and for the second time he sighed in relief. 'I'm too close to dying just a minute ago... Glad I survived...'

His eyes darted to the bridge when he noticed he's already on it. Suddenly, the thought of his love of life to might appear here got him nervous. He wrapped his neck and gulped. 'Is she going to come and cross paths with me here? But there's only one question to this... Is my love story like that of an anime?' He clenched his fist-- but he didn't let out an anger instead he burst out in laughter like a crazy man.

"What's happening to me?! Now I'm starting to think i'm a fool with a wonder-story thought like that! It's not like it happens in real life, well, if it does, I can only say it's a rare type of love story. This is funny!" He laughed and laughed until he fell on his feet and couldn't breath anymore.

"Well, I should get going now or my bag will end up getting locked up on the classroom."

After some time having the trouble to pick up his bag who his bully classmate hid on their class, he finally found it and got out of the school unharmed by that bully. He can still remember that annoying face of his classmate laughing at him! 'Seriously. That Kami.'

It's already passed six o'clock and here comes again the feels of the creepiness of the dark quiet road he always walk through. Everytime he reach this road, he feels this uneasiness.

Some lights here are broken and only few of them are still working but not that bright enough to light the road. When it's daytime, the road's not this creepy at all. Maybe it's really just the darkness of it that makes it look creepy.

The cold breeze of the wind passed Obi. He hugged his body tight and shivered. "It's cold here..."

"Ooh, look! There's a rat who entered our territory!"

"Huh? What?! What's that pest doing here?!"

"Hey hey! You just stepped in on our territory! Stealing our treasures, huh?!"

Out of his will, Obi stopped walking when some random dudes blocked his path. There are five of them and he can tell these dudes are troublesomes. He gulped. 'This is not turning out good...'

"Hey rat, speak up!" One of the dudes pushed him in the chest. He almost lost his balance but another one of the guys catched him on the back and hold both of his hands smirking. He immediately fought back from the guy's arms but its strength's far stronger than his! He couldn't get away! Well he's thin compared to these guys who are big and plump. 'This is bad!'

"Let me go, please! I was just passing by and you don't even own this road--!"

"Shut up kid!" The big guy infront of him stepped up and widened his eyes. "We don't tolerate passersby here. And just about this time, you're goodbye." The scary man smiled and laughed with his dudes.

Before Obi could even react, he already received a heavy punch on the stomach from the guy. Blood spilled out on his mouth. His eyes widened when he saw another fist coming right to his face. But the fist of the big guy was stopped by some mysterious guy who they didn't even noticed how he just appeared out of nowhere.

"Excuse me. Sorry to interfere... But it seems I can't just sit around and watch. I'll be joining in..." Voice deep, the mysterious guy raised his head and his sharp green eyes flickered as his snake tounge came out licking his own lips. The big guy was quickly frightened that he almost sweat until he suddenly screamed out all his voice.

"WAAHHH!" The big guy screamed loudly when he felt his bones broke. "LET GO LET GO! LET GO OF ME--- RAAHH!"

The other four got alarmed. This was the first time they saw their boss like this! Maybe the guy's really that strong!

"Hey! What the heck are you doing to him?!" One of them asked pissed, but there's no respond from the mysterious guy. The guy then was quickly annoyed. "You jerk!"

He quickly charged off to the mysterious guy and managed to get close. He was about to punch the guy but in just one smack of its fist, he flew in the air and landed on the brick wall-- and it got destroyed!

Everyone was shocked even Obi who was behind them was stunned. 'Strong'!

One of the three tightly hold his baseball bat and screamed charging to the mysterious guy. "You son of a freak! You're finished---!"

However, one glance, the guy stopped on his place. Upon seeing those sharp green eyes, he quickly trembled and faint. The mysterious guy then glared at the other two who immediately cowered in fear as they saw his image and this dark aura rising up from his body. They got even more scared when they saw what happened next to their big boss' hand. It turned red as the veins started to popped out.

"M-MONSTER!" The other one screamed and the two of them ran away leaving their three all-talk comrades completely knocked out on the ground.

Obi on the other side couldn't move a single muscles on what he witnessed. 'Is he human?!'

"My, my... And here am I rushing just to pick up the lucky lottery winner-- (well he wouldn't say it lucky once he learns) only to find him on a state of these bulls' rampage." The guy talked with a mood tone of disinterest. But suddenly it seemed like he learned something and faced Obi. "Ah! I see, like a devil! HaHaHa!"

Confused, a question mark appeared above Obi's head as he examined this weird glasses-guy in a black suit, carrying a small briefcase on his left hand while his right hand's on his glasses making a cool of it.

'Is he a businessman? Or somewhat a billionaire? But... It's strange. How could a billionaire just go around like this?'

The guy flicked his finger and in just a snap, the guy's beside him already, grinning. Shock to the sudden flicker, Obi almost fell out of balance, eyes widened, and screamed.

'W-what is that?! Have my eyes betrayed me?! T-that's... inhuman! Am i just hallucinating?!'

The guy distanced himself due to Obi's scream. He held his jaw as he's in a deep thinking, "A dying scream?" He crossed his arms and watched Obi's indescribable expression. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, hey, don't die now. Are you just gonna sit there forever? Do you have no plan to stand up and face your senior?" The guy asked and sighed, "Man... This is already resulting to a pain... Come on, come on, back on your weak feet! Carry your but! That's rude!"

The guy was about to walk towards him when he was immediately stopped by the screaming Obi. He stopped and almost cussed. Pissed, he shouted, "What?!"

Obi cleared his throat. This isn't what savior he's expecting to appear! "W-w-well... who are you? I... I've never seen you before and I... totally don't know you..!" He did his best to talk despite his body shaking... and even his voice stuttering! Right now, he just want to curse himself.

The guy raised his eyebrows even more pissed. "Like I said, i'm here to pick up the lucky lottery winner. Yeah, it's your name who won that pain-in-the-ass lottery." He explained with a horrific voice and a disgusted look.

Fear, 'Creepy!' and confusion enveloped Obi. Lottery? He won something like that? At this time, in fact, Obi should be proud right now knowing he won a lottery but as far as he remember, he didn't even played any lottery! So how come he won one?

He looked at the guy. "Umm, are you somehow mistaking me for someone--"

"No.." The guy shook his head. "Senju Obi who lives alone in an apartment not faraway from where he studies, the Yamanaka... Tch. Let's make it short. Master Fiend showed me where you are and I see you're really alone with yourself. Now, tell me i'm not mistaken. This is already enough proof."

"Huh?" Obi's still puzzled and he still couldn't believe those things this guy mentioned. He stopped, "Wait... Are you a criminal?!"

The guy frowned. "What the... Criminal?" He closed his eyes and tried his best to let this just slide away. But he didn't even last for a seconds and he quickly lost his temper.

Raging in anger he took his sword out, "Now i'm a criminal huh?! Hell yeah i've just become a criminal and i'm going to kill you!!"

"Heh?!" Obi dodged the angry sword.

Suddenly, an idea came to his mind. He knows! Maybe this guy's a bad guy! Kind of a kidnapper, a thief! A trouble, too! And he's just making a fool of him diverting his attention into his words! He only pretended like he saved Obi from these guys but he's all along a subordinate of these at all!

Obi smiled and finally stood up on his feet. Confident, he looked at the guy and pointed him. "You... That kind of trick won't work on me! It's useless! Give it up already and leave. Or I'll... report you to the police!" He said with might and closed his eyes assured.

The guy's jaw dropped. "What? Report me... to the police?! Now you're reporting me to your world's bodyguards?! HEY! DO YOU EVEN LISTEN TO ME, KID?!" Bursting out in anger, he poked Obi. "Like hell i'll allow myself be imprisoned here in a world I wasn't even born to!"

Obi tilted his head in frustration and scratched his head. 'Talking like that-- is he somewhat out of his mind?'

He smiled. "I may have a poor intelligence but i'm not that stupid enough to fall for your obvious trick. Man... If you're gonna trick someone, at least, make it thrilling and difficult."

Heavy breath came out on the guy's nose as his eyes darkened. "YOU... TSK. FOOL!"

"Ahaha. Well... I hope not to see you again. I'll be going!" Obi waved his hands and walked passed the guy. "Oh, and make sure to improve your tricks!" And so he continued walking leaving the guy resisting not to eliminate that brat who just insulted him.

'Damn him! Someone stop this body! I'm going to kill him!"

He gritted his teeth. "That nuts! After I saved him... How dare he insult me?! I'm not even doing such tricks!" He sighed, "A nice guy, huh?! Yeah damn he is but that brain of him is totally sick! It must be cured right away but... i think it's incurable! Grrrr..."

Gritting his teeth, he grabbed Obi's hand. "You're coming with me!"

Obi didn't have time to react when a light instantly appeared infront of him. It spread all over his sight that he couldn't even see the place they're in anymore. He was completely stunned to the light. Until the light disappeared, and a new unfamiliar place appeared in front of him.

His blue eyes once again for the hundredth time widened. "What is this?" He slowly stand up straight and looked at the place.

This is no longer a road but... a town.

"Where... am I?"

Sorry for the delayed update for i couldn't make it due to getting sick :(. I am still on the process of healing but here it is now, anyway. I'll update again as soon as i can :D I need to take care of myself first. I hope you're still there and did not leave me :(. Thank you for reading!

4