Chapter 11- Rebirth
54 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Name Timothy Quill
Daoist Name Daoist Earth's Vengeance
Titles Dao Seeker, Between Life and Death
Recognition Young Master of the Quill Trading House
Level 5
Race Human
Dao Minor Dao: Wind. Aspect: Speed, Sharpness.
Cultivation Initiate (Early Stage)
Class (Unlocks at level 10) -
Intelligence 3 ( +10 + 5)
Wisdom 2 ( +10 + 5)
Constitution 4 ( +10 + 5)
Strength 1 ( +10 + 5)
Agility 4 ( +10 + 5)
Luck 1 (+15 + 3)

 

His new Titles kicked in, and he found the spiritual energy in his surroundings attracted toward him as if he were a magnet. It felt like he was being reborn, every aspect of his existence being augmented. It was time he recalled what the system told him about these attributes.

They were all very brief and vague descriptions, but from what he understood, Intellegence had nothing to do with actual intelligence, which he had found amusing back then. Intelligence governed how quickly you could comprehend skills, how quickly you could digest dao insights, the capacity of your memory, the ability to grasp higher level concepts among other things.

Wisdom was even more interesting. While intelligence allowed you to retain things that happened, wisdom is what weaponized it. It again didn't let you go from layman A to Stephen Hawking, sadly. But what it did allow you was crazy analytical abilities, allowing you to sift through your memories and examine them in detail. Basically, it gave you danger sense. Incongruencies in speech, surroundings, analysis of past experiences allowed you to deduce whether there was something wrong with the situation. It was hardly omnipotent, nor was it some mystical mumbo jumbo. You can analyse, but whether you reach the truth still dependant on the amount of data you have. It also let you augment your combat abilties to a higher level. 

Luck was.... well it was interesting. There were ways to increase it, but Tim didn't know how until now. Now he at least knew one of the sources. Luck worked in mysterious ways, but it was not something that would augment his combat abilities in any manner. His opponent wouldn't accidentally trip over a banana peel and fall, how ridiculously unfair that would be when he found someone with a higher luck than him. The system did hint that at very high levels of luck, it was possible that a miracle would occur and offer him a path of survival in the most dire of circumstances. For now, that was just a pipe dream.

Even without it though, Luck was obscene. His luck gave him a higher chance to discover unknown mystical realms, dao fruits, rare herbs, inheritances among other goodies. That sounded good, but Tim really didn't know enough about these things to get hyped. What did catch his eye though was, a higher chance at the hidden drop table. Usually, if you killed a beast it would just drop some coins and the beast's hide or stuff like that. There was a drop table though, but the odds of getting an item were obscene. Like worse than gatcha games obscene. Fuck gatcha games. Anyway, the higher the luck the less fucked the modifier was. Though his 19 luck couldn't be the highest in the multiverse, it was something. Raid loot, baby!

Strength, well as the name implied and it was correct this time, made him stronger. Hella stronger. The system said some crazy things, but at the initiate level most of it wasn't relevant. The highest he could go as long as he remained an initiate level cultivator was being able to lift a car sized boulder, in a rough estimate. 

At this moment, the system finished with the upgrades. Tim picked up his rapier and tested he difference. Man, he felt what it meant to be physically powerful. That was the first major difference he felt. He used his rapier and thrust into a nearby tree, it pierced half way through. And this was without using the dao of the wind to assist him. As he did so, he found some flaws in the way he moved, it was too inefficient. Too inelegant. He corrected his form, his walking posture and his gait guessing that his increased agility was guiding him.

He suddenly found that he could recall matters that happened years ago, stuff he didn't even knew he remembered or did. A wave of mixed and complex emotions washed over him, but he chose to seal them and think about them later.

Lastly, the increased wisdom made him realize the way he was using the rapier wasn't considering its advantages and disadvantages. The rapier was a light weapon, and that meant the time to move from a relaxed stance to a combat one was far lesser than what would be for a combat scenario. The problem he always kept it near his front, tightly clenched because he didn't want to lose it mid fight. With his increased strength, even a light grip was enough.

He kept it in his right hand, pointing downwards in a relaxed stance. His opponents were not humans, but beasts. If they came from the front he could lunge. If they came from behind, he would use his right foot to pivot and slash behind him. A slash with a weapon as light as this would only be to wound the beast slightly, enough to give him time to react. It was better than having no plan for his exposed back anyway.

[ You have 15 unassigned attribute points ]

Name Timothy Quill
Daoist Name Daoist Earth's Vengeance
Titles Dao Seeker (L), Between Life and Death (U)
Recognition Young Master of the Quill Trading House
Level 5
Race Human
Dao Minor Dao: Wind. Aspect: Speed, Sharpness.
Cultivation Initiate (Early Stage)
Class (Unlocks at level 10) -
Intelligence 18 + 2 = 20
Wisdom 17
Constitution 19 + 8 = 27
Strength 16
Agility 19 + 5 = 24
Luck 19

 

His reasoning was pretty simple. Constitution kept him alive, so that got the most points. After that was agility, because it directly synergised with the dao of the wind. And lastly, he put a token amount of 2 points in intelligence hoping that it would net him more daos and of course, his Disdain skill.

What was shocking though, is that after pumping in 15 attribute points, the improvement he felt was far less significant than the 'rebirth' that had taken place earlier.

Oh well, he had far higher stats than any level 5 had business having, so why sweat it? He had been gored, eaten, bashed, rag dolled among other fascinating things that had taken place in less than a day.

And he was almost half way there anyway.

1