Chapter 20
855 5 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The competition continued as usual as most of my opponents were willing to give up fighting against me whenever i was put into stage.

It was because i was still angry of my money flying away that i couldn't control my rage and fury.

In fact, this change of mine was something unexpected yet would be understandable as in my past life, i really like making money.

I live in a place where money is everything as no one can escape being tempted into selling themselves for cash.

Innocent man can become murderers, mothers becoming prostitues to give education to her own children, fathers cheating on their wives because they have the money to do so and especially drugs and gambling. No one can resist the power of money to those who live in poverty life.

I was also not innocent in my past life as well as i had been using my unique skill to sell information, trading drugs and even making blackmail materials of it for the sake of earning some money.

Life was hard for me in the past due to our father couldn't provide much for our family and even collapsing one day from overwork. I wouldn't be shocked that my sister almost sold her body if not making enough cash by doing illegal things for the sake of our lives.

Our mother would always scolded me for doing bad things but she knows that out of the four of us siblings, i was the only one doing the bad in order to survive. Plus, she heavily taught me the words of God, throughly in my head like she wants me to remember ever word in the bible.

So, while i still continue to commit crimes, i only did this to provide our livelihood to where the government and even the people who once saw my dad as a friend, easily abandoned him and us after being bought by the mayor as he was framed.

There, while i learned the darkest things in life, i always trusted my mother's words but revised them for the sake of the people i care and trust with all my heart.

And so, my life values maybe slowly changing the moment i came here but i still kept the core values my mother taught me as my new reason in life was to provide the girl, my former owner loves and give her a happy life as i build up my empire to strike those who will harm her.

While i feel no other desire than owning the favor my former owner gave me, i will only do as his last will gave me and finally find the true meaning of my existance and the reason why i am truly here.

The competition continued as normal as we finally shown worth for our Sect as we had been placed in 2nd, as even though all of us were Golden Core, our strength wasn't enough to beat the top sect in the continent as First Bro was still satistfied to even compete and told us that we would celebrate on reaching far.

My anger finally subsided as all four of them offered gifts as a sign of apologies as they gave me their heirlooms from their families and ask if i would hold on to those. I oblige happily.....

As the next day i went to an Auction to sell their heirlooms....

To which i faught them to the last and failed to protect them as they all pant and found that i was willing to betray their trust just so i can make money. 

Selling girls who will try to temp me into a brothel, making drugs for cash and even willing to kill someone for the right price.

The Sect Master even wondered how am i still a righteous Sect Member when i'm even willing to betray the Sect's trust for cash....

Well, i wouldn't do this if people didn't raided my plantation so they can get juiced up to a new stage.

I glare as all four brothers of mine evaded my gaze as sweat and guilt could be seen on their faces.

Luckily or unluckily for me, the Sect scolded me after we had captured the slave traders and me being reprimanded for thinking of selling the girls back again as i was still put in the discipline area and sit in the scorching gaze of the sun as i continuously cultivated myself.

By then....

"Guh...."

Both my Spirit and body began to break down as both my cultivations slowly began merging into one.

This was the hardest breakthroughs i have ever gotten as i feel like my body and spirit was slowly being reduce to dust.

My bones began to break back and forth like it was being grinned into mush, flesh being torn apart, muscle fibers and insides being rearranged and my brain was overloading with pain sensors to which its basically i was not only being dipped into a magma, i was also being jabbed by needles inside me like all my pain sensors were kicking into high gear.

I was in so much pain that it was basically like the time i was at the death's door in my past life and wanted to quit life altogether. Yet...

'I don't want to die another time...'

By the time the pain subsided, i collapse on the floor as the Sect Master, who wanted to check up my punishment was shocked that i broke through.... 

30