Ch 12. House arrest
1.8k 9 50
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was following the village’s elder to his house.

The first minute of wheeling was easy, then I was barely able to move and the old man had to push the wheelchair in my stead.

Can you tell me what happened? Why is the situation so urgent?” I was all ears.

I never said this is urgent. We need your help with plowing the fields. Your large carriage can move without horses or magic so we all wondered if it can help us plowing.” After the elder’s words I was dumbfounded.

You wanted me here just to ask if the tank can plow the field?” I was too concerned that it will be a military matter that I could not follow the talk anymore.

We have no horses, they all were taken together with our young men when the war started. I know you are soldiers but can you assist us? I assure you, we will do our best to compensate.” (E)

I will need to think about it. Who can I contact about our response?” I can’t give the answer without knowing how much fuel we have.

Just tell your answer to one of the militiamen. Thank you in advance.” The elder gave me a slight bow and I wheeled out. I only had to find someone willing to push me back…


After an hour I barely made it back to the tank. I was immediately met by Jester and Old man.

Commander, we need to talk.” (J)

Yes, right. How much fuel do we have?” I continued wheeling past Jester.

“Not so fast.” Suddenly, he grabbed the wheelchair and took the gun out of my holster.

WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING?!” If I had a machine gun aimed at him, I’d shoot him. Whatever he’s doing, this is not the proper subordination.

“I am sorry, captain Belov. You need to calm down, so please, stop resisting. You are becoming a danger both to us and to yourself. Now, please, come here. I will carry you to the house. We will talk there.” I was dazed by their actions. Old man was trying to pick me up but I started kicking him with my arms and legs.

S*, I said she won’t be calm. Why did you not listen to me?” (J)

STOP WHATEVER THE F* YOU ARE DOING!” They went nuts and this is up to me to calm them down.

SHUT UP AND STOP MOVING!” (J)

Old man’s POV

After Dima shouted at her from point-blank, she finally stopped kicking. She was shocked. I even saw small drops of tear in the corners of her eyes. Right now she was not the insane commander but a small child.

I carefully picked her up and gently carried her. I had to be both fast and careful while she is still not understanding what is going on.

When we finally arrived to the house and I sat her on the bed, I decided to take away from her whatever could hurt her. She will not be sane when her stupor ends.

What…” She started talking but still did not move.

Why…

What…?

‘Should we let her remain here while she’s still petrified?’ Dima was going to leave her.

‘She might be insane but she will not feel better if we just leave her like that.’ I had to grab him and make him stay here.

What?” Her eyes were looking like a glass, and she was just staring into one point.

I was tense.

The moment she regain her consciousness she might start a rampage and hurt herself.

We did disarm her and ‘arrest’ exactly to avoid the worst outcome but I couldn’t stop worrying she will continue hurting herself until we really tie her.

A. Belov’s POV

What? Where am I? What is going on?

I raised my head and saw Old man.

“How are you feeling?” (O)

You traitor.” In case you are captured, do not resist. Do not provoce the captors, and be ready to follow their demands. You must wait for the help, because the rescuers are already trying to help you. Not that I will care about it. They are... were my subordinates.

“It was for you own safety. You are not sane.” (O)

I will put you in front of the wall. And then I will shoot you. That is what should happen to those who plot a mutiny.” I have nothing to say to those traitors.

Haaaa… Why do you make it so hard for us…” (O)

Do you really think I will tell you anything? Come on, you won’t break me by torturing~.” Let them try, I will not betray my oath just because I was promised some money.

For an unknown reason the traitors started patting my head.

“Captain, we are not trying to switch sides. We are making sure you will not hurt yourself.” (J)

I never hurt myself.” They are saying some s*.

“We will place you here for a few days. Commander, calm down, stop doing nonsense. After you calm down we’ll let you out and we’ll return to being your subordinates. We just want to make sure you have no way to get the weapons, because you are clearly not sane enough to use them.” Traitors.

Don’t worry~. When we return to the HQ, I’ll just pass you to the court. They will just judge you for your treason, and send you to a place-not-so-far-away (prison)~.

With this my conversation with the future inmates was over.

50