Ch 104. An offer you can’t refuse
416 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Attention! After we return to the position, I want you to start assessing the damage in detail. Old man, check the chassis and write down all damaged parts and whether they need to be replaced.

Jester, the turret is on you. Run all checks and confirm the state of all outside electronic components, optics, and systems.

I will be checking on the ERA containers and the possessions, after that we will be working on the repairs. Do it by the dinner. Dismissed.” With the discussing being completed, we proceeded.

Sigh

WHO SIGHED?!Unsurprisingly, what I saw after I turned around we two absolutely-not-actually-lazy soldiers.

Nobody?

Tumbleweed

Brilliant. I want everything done an hour before the dinner. Or else you will be eating the MRE. Clock’s ticking.” Again, unsurprisingly, they rushed to work with newly found enthusiasm.

The tank was driven back to our camp, and the work began anew.

I was not idling either, since those motherf*s torn off everything that was on the armor.

I checked every ERA container and made sure the remaining ones are both intact and would not fall off. The majority of them were damaged one way or another, and were to be replaced.


After I wrote down the exact number and marked all intact containers, I proceeded to the hull’s side to check on the inventory.

Old man was there too, checking the cuts on a road wheel.

How bad is it?

“Well, all rubber is cut to shreds, the metal has some minor dents… Nothing serious, but I’d still replace the parts.” (O)

If you say so. The tracks?

“Ho-ho-ho, the links are to be replaced or we will be scrubbing the metal parts into dust.” (O)

Those motherf*s…!

Hush, hush. What do you think about playing it safe and just asking for the entire track from the supply?” (O)

Ain’t you trying to escape the work?” I opened a dented container.

And what if I am?” (O)

At the same time, I found the completely unscathed book of military regulations… and shown it…

Haaa… Seriously, we are going to be dead both in body and the soul…” I could only giggle.

Then it only means you need to work harder~.

When I looked at Old man, I could only notice how he stared at me in shock.

What?

You… Hell, you sounded like my niece! That little brat sometimes chirps like a canary!” (O)

Ha?! From since do I…?!

Comrade captain, do you think I am so old that my hearing fails me?” (O)

I couldn’t find anything to say, so I just pretended nothing happened.

But the book was kept with me.


After I was done with the initial assessment, I lit the fire and started making food.

Today’s meal is the ‘victory’ meal: a porridge with boiled jerked meat. There is no fresh meat nearby, so we live off what we have. At least it was to be accompanied by canned food from our leftover stockpile.

However, even though everything was going somewhat smoothly, I was still feeling restless.

We are yet to solve the main issues: the final lockdown of the capital is impossible as long as they have those towers overseeing both the city and the surroundings; the tank requires extensive repairs, which are simply impossible in our current state; we require supplies and materials to repair the tank; we also require instruments to do so. Not to mention the situation in the allied camp. The near-defeat must’ve taken a toll on them, and surely set back the siege.

While I was stirring the food, I received a radio call.

Tu-du-du-du-du-dum! It’s advertisement time!

Before you switch channel, let me make an offer you would never refuse!

What is it? What could it be?

That, is once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! Participate in the photo shoot, and get our GUARANTEED prize: a mobile workshop, filled with instruments and machinery to the brim! All you would ever need: from crane and wrenches, to the brand new track repair station! This, and much more you can receive simply by offering yourself taking a few pictures!

Sign up now, and receive another fabulous prize: a brand new 2A46 M-5 FOR FREE!” (E)

At this point I didn’t even bother dealing with Ether…

A-a-and before you change your mind…! Call now, and we will exclude you from lingerie photo shoot!” (E)

F*… Fine…

“Nice choice, dear customer!” (E)

F* you. F* your mom. F* your entire family. F*ing die.

“Before you keep on swearing at me for being benevolent and handsome, I also have some good news for you about the new updates of your arsenal. Speaking of which… Do you like ballet?” (E)

10