Suffecation, Darkness, and Deceit.
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Maker.
Her stomach jolted with sharp pain, the memories that flooded her mind were so strong she felt her eyes sting with the tears that she did not release.
She had cried so much that night, begging her mother not to let him go. She was a blubbering mess as she sobbed into her brother's shirt on his bedroom floor, he had gently scolded her for it afterward. But their mother had said it was for the best, saying he needed to learn how to be a man as she rubbed her daughter's shoulders once the car took off, and drove into the distant. He had squeezed her in a hug so tight she felt him shake with his own silent tears that night, and then he was gone after a quick kiss on her forehead from her Uncle. Her mother promised her so much that night, promises of great things for him.

For them as well.

But Jade had known better and knew it was just a matter of time.
She had seen the darkness in him long before he left, and Jade remembered how he had fought it so hard while at home. How he would beg for support, or help. But she could do nothing but to sit with him in the darkness of his room, and to hold his hand as he had dark thoughts. And told him she would never leave them, not even if their mother and father sealed her away.
She remembered when he muttered something that had scared her, that everyone else would come to harm, but her. All because Jade had tried to help him. She was not strong enough to support him though, or she thought she wasn't at the time...
He would say she would give him good dreams, and it worked sometimes, but it was never enough
He would sometimes tell her what he dreamt about, darkness was always the first thing he mentioned. A darkness that was so thick, he couldn't even see in front of him. He would still hear a voice, calling to him and drawing him further into the darkness. He tried to resist, and he did well. But he couldn't do it forever, she knew that.

Jade would then find out many years later, that this was a Fae tuning into him, causing him to turn dark, and turn cruel. A fae had hurt him and was currently using him. Making him the most significant threat the world had ever known. A knight of sorts. Or as many knew him as, the Great one of Ancient Knights. This was apparently his new title.
Not Adam, not son, not brother. He had no mortal coils any longer.

But she was thankful for one thing, before losing him, one of her fairy friends did something unusual. He had somehow tuned into her dreams while Adam worked with their Uncle, she watched as they trained, watched as he tried so hard to stay good. His only escape was his dreams, when they both saw one another in their own, it was nothing but a cryfest.
But she was thankful none the less, enjoying the company and just how real he felt when he held her. But, when the darkness had taken over him completely. She had felt it happen. It had seeped into her limbs while she slept that night. She remembered being inside of their space, the place they would meet. And instead of being bright and comfortable, it was dark and empty. Jade had called to him, begging him to answer her. Only for a strong force to push her out of the space, and then suffocating her in her bed. Jade would, later on, know who this was. A fae woman with an iron fist that had tempted her brother. Nunaso or as many of the Fae called this creature, the Priestess of Onma. Onma was a powerful Goddess that still lived to that day, the Goddess of Deceit and Decay.

In a vain attempt, one time years ago. She tried to reach Adam, she worked hard for several nights with her friend's help. She had been so lost, so she pushed back against the wall that separated her from him. All to reach him, and she did it. Once, and only once did she see him, she found him oddly enough in their space after basically falling through the wall that had blocked her from it for other a year. She had felt like she was physically in pain, but then she saw him.
His dark hair much longer than what he usually had it, and his eyes darker than normal. Almost like he was sick or tired, but he was in his usual attire which was comfortable pants and a loose fitted shirt. He had been calling to Jade, his voice sounded so hoarse, and so she ran to him.
He caught her with ease as they both sunk to the ground, caressed her hair as she tried to catch her breath. He felt foreign to her, it was nothing like he used to feel like. The smell of fresh soap was absent, and in its place was nothing but metal and what was almost like bleach clung to his skin. The smell of the cleaner was that strong it burned her nose. But her last ditch effort was when she began to sob, and beg. Begging him to come home to her, to find her even. But he shook his head and looked at her. His voice odd as he whispered to her, it bordered on stern and tender as he said all but one thing: “Let me go.”
And with a gentle touch to her cheek, with fresh tears prickling at her eyes, he departed from her. Melting into the darkness that soon took over her once safe place.
Suffocation was once again there, and in the darkness, she heard laughing and felt deceived by herself.
The feelings all but melted into her, they were his feelings.
She woke up from the trance screaming.
She knew then after she came from that moment-the dream or whatever it was. That it would have never mattered. No matter what she would do, her brother was lost to her as soon as he stepped a foot away from her on a darker path.

The crashing of the waves was snuffed out by the sound of the thunder that now made its presence known. It brought her back with a start, making her blink up at the sky as she tried not to think any more of him. Her mother always warned her that if she did that, nothing good would ever come from it. She couldn't stop the quiver that wracked through her body at the thoughts that erupted from her mind. Next, they were only those of the murderer that her brother now was. Would he actually be able to see her as herself? Or just as someone who defied the Goddess he now served? Still mourning the loss of one of the only people that stuck around her the most when she was ill. Or would he kill her, just like her fat-
No, this was not the time, I have to train. She reminded herself, shutting her eyes again, trying to focus. But once again, her mind betrayed her as the wind began to whip around her. Both thoughts of how in vain her training was, all she was doing was training her mind a part of her bitterly thought, but then others were still focused on her family. The thoughts of Adams new name bounced in her head. As the right hand of the sin covered priestess he sought to serve until his life ended, he was now known as Decatur. She had laughed at the new name, but that name currently spread fear through the world.
Decatur was not her brother, Adam Clouter had been. But it was so hard to not think of the person she had looked up to as a child, it was so hard not to remember how he would care for her while their parent’s fought or when they were gone, or when she was sick. He made sure Jade was always safe. She wouldn’t be surprised if her recent run-in with bandits had somehow called him to her. For he always knew when she was scared, but she was unsure if his new demeanor would make him numb to her calls for help.
As children, he always made sure she was okay. He was the eldest and cared for her, he made a point to make sure she knew it.  She missed that familiar face, the slightly crooked smile that reminded her so much of her father, and those eyes that were so much like their mothers.
But once again, in the distance, she heard thunder and so it took her out of her thoughts. She was thankful but also couldn’t help the frown as she saw the clouds, swearing she saw a figure in them. But the clouds were doing something she dreaded, they were moving in from the sea, and were large and dark. She had not wanted to go back inside yet, she felt like she hadn't even been outside for an hour. But she had been trying to wait for her, her mother said today was the day, and she would be coming for her. She just wanted to be held by her mother, to have actual time with her.

But she feared something else was on the horizon for her, it made her heart clench painfully.

But also, extremely excited.

 

Hey my dudes, so sorry this isn't making any sense. I'm not gonna lie, this was the first short story I ever made that wasn't based on an anime or movies I liked a lot. So I'm so sorry that this was kinda rollercoaster on things that are happening. I am hopeful that I will rewrite this short story, and do it better. But anyways, thank you to the few people that stop by and read this!

Would you like the last three chapters, or something new?
  • Sure! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah, make a new series. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0 · This poll was closed on Sep 11, 2019 01:29 AM.
0