Chapter 5- Curious Raishuan
934 4 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked at my stats and saw that I had eight attribute points available. I wondered what I was going to use it on.

Strength determined your physical prowess in the game. Dexterity influenced how well you could utilise said strength. Agility dictated how fast you could run as well how nimble you were. Intelligence governed the power of the magic you used. The size of your mana reserve was controlled by how much Wisdom points you had. Lastly, having a high Charisma value allowed you to sway NPC’s with less effort.

As I looked at my stats, I saw that my Intelligence was already quite high and didn’t need a boost as of now. However, Wisdom needed improvement. I needed more mana if I was going to buy additional skills.

Moreover, I am a Combat Mage and always moving around thus dexterity and strength were aspects, I wanted to increase as well. My agility was quite high so it didn’t need much help, yet. Once I had decided, I put three into Strength another three in Wisdom. Then I placed the last two points into Dexterity.

With every point that I placed on myself, I could feel my power increasing as motes of light twirled around my body. My muscles felt stronger yet suppler. I could feel that there was more mana stored in my body than before. Feeling my improvements, I knew I could do so much more than I could before. I was sure that if I ever met those goblins again, they would die a lot quicker.

Then I looked at my mana and saw that it was full despite me fighting and using mana. Therefore I concluded that when you leveled up, your mana refills, this was a feature that even I wasn't aware of.

I also looked at my skills. One of them levelled up and I wanted to see how.

[

Name: <Lightning Palm>

Tier: 2

Mastery: Beginner

Description: Deal 35% more damage than your base attack. Deals 35% more internal damage than your base attack. Stun rate of 15%. Crit rate of 12%. 15% chance to do chain damage to nearby enemies]

Mana consumption: 100/activation]

When I saw this I was stunned (no pun intended). I didn’t think that it would gain a chain effect, this was one of the most powerful mutations if used correctly and would help greatly when trying to kill stronger creatures at the same time. Yet, on second thought I must have got it because my int stat was high for my current level.

Increasing your mastery of bought skills was one of the ways to gain stronger in this game. The higher your mastery the more power you could bring out of the move. Once your mastery increased to a new level the system would add an attribute that it thought accompanied your fighting style the best. However, if you didn't like leaving things up to chance you could force mutate your move by mastering your desired effect. Aslong as you had the required amount of AP in the necessary genres then anything was possible.

I was able to increase my mastery to Beginner so quickly because over the past year I had put countless hours into this game as such my control over mana and the manner in which I execute skills was much better than most players. However, even with all that, my accurate level is only just above beginner. The gap between Novice and Beginner is massive yet smaller than the gap between Beginner and Intermediate and Intermediate and Advanced is far smaller than Advanced and Expert.  

Anyways, after my excitement was controlled, I continued to search for points. I wanted as many points as I could get!

I walked at a steady pace, in the forest, until I came across a level 7, black-furred, star monkey. It had black fur with a white star on its chest. The monkey was hanging with its right hand on a thick branch, five meters away from me. The other hand was picking its nose as its dark grey index finger rummaged its large nostril. It stood 1.6 meters tall and had inverted eyes. Its sclera was black where its iris and pupils were white. It gave off a rather creepy feeling as it peered at me.

I reciprocated its stare down and furrowed my brows at the same time. The monkey saw my actions as a challenge. Because in the next moment, it dropped from the branch that was 3 meters in the air and landed on the ground with its feet.

When I saw that it could fall from such a height, yet remain unharmed, I knew the monkey must have had some semblance of strength. My mouth curled up in response and I taunted the monkey, “Come fight me if you dare!”

I activated, <Lightning Step> and ran towards it with my sword ready to attack it, the monkey ran towards me and made a fist with its long arms.

When it was within reach of me, I slashed with my sword but the monkey dodged under my sword then entered my personal space ready to throw an uppercut to my chin. However, I saw it coming and moved my back at a backwards angle dodging the fist as the wind of the punch blew on my face.

Then using my newfound agility, I slingshot my back forward and chopped downwards with my sword ready to cut its shoulder off. This move caught it off guard as its face widened with fear but it was still able to dodge my overhead slash.

However, it couldn’t dodge my sword completely. The top of my sword had cut into the flesh of its left shoulder. This caused its retreat to be off-balance as its feet lurched backwards. I saw the opening and I didn’t waste it. I reactivated, <Lightning steps> and charged in while it was regaining its balance. Then I thrust my palm into its torso feeling its oily hair and activated, <Lightning Palm>. This sent the monkey flying as it crashed onto the ground then tumbled five meters away.

After the momentum stopped, it stood up slowly holding its stomach tightly with its right arm and coughed a mouthful of blood. The monkey dimmed its eyes and furrowed its brows. Its frustration was evident. Unfortunately, for the monkey, that wasn’t the end of its suffering. By the time it stood up I was already in front of it and I activated, <Lightning Palm> on it again sending it flying once more. However, the second my palm hit the monkey, I got a notification saying I levelled up.

I didn’t even strike it with lightning yet before it died. When I saw this, I realised that the internal damage that this move does was really strong. Although beasts evolved giving them stronger outer bodies.; Their organs were still subject to the caducity of life. This was what lightning palm exploited. Coming to this conclusion, I couldn’t contain my excitement! I wanted to level this move as soon as possible!

However, there were things I wanted to do before I could engage in battle again. So, I deactivated, <Lightning Step> and checked my combat log.

[Lv.7 Black furred star monkey killed

60 system points obtained

500 Exp obtained]

I smiled at the rewards I got for killing the creature but I wished I could fight three of them at once. Then I could get extra system points and Exp. Yes, I know how greedy that’s sounds but that’s the beauty of me.

System points allowed me to buy new skills. I already had enough points to buy every building. Now I wanted more skills something that involved my feet. Hopefully, there was a lightning kick because there was so many times in my fights were a kick would have been more practical, but I used my hands to level up my move. Also, now that I had more points, I could buy <Thunder Bolt> that gives my attacks range. Oh and <Lightning Aura> too! Then I can coat my weapon with an aura!

I just hope my mana can hold out when I use these moves. I just levelled up so my mana points should have reset and increased. Let me see. Stats!

Name: Raishaun Inkosi

Title: Demon Lord

Level 4: (450/2200)

Mana points: 850/950 

------------------------------ 

Attributes:

Strength – 33

Dexterity – 34

Agility - 35

Intelligence – 37

Wisdom – 32

Charisma – 22 

----------------------------------- 

System points: 200

Attribute points: 4

Oh ya! I activated <Lightning Palm> after I levelled up so my mana was reset then I used 100 of that for the move. Looking at my mana level, I definitely need to invest more points into wisdom. So far I’m stronger than creatures above my level so I don’t need to worry about that.

I then dumped all four points into my wisdom which increased my mana points from 950 to 1250. However, I only had 1150 mana points to use as I pleased because I had already used 100.

Anyway, now with more mana to exploit, I opened the [System Shop]. Then I clicked, [Skills]. Once I clicked it, I saw the skils I was looking for thus without deliberation, bought, <Lightning Aura> , <Lightning bolt> and <Lightning sweep>. The total cost of all the skills were 30 skill points.

[Cost: 10 Points

Name: <Lightning Sweep>

Tier: 2

Description: Deal 25% more damage than your base attack. Deals 25% more internal damage than your base attack. Stun rate of 7%. Crit rate of 5%. Mana consumption: 50/activation]

Essentially, <Lightning Sweep> was the equivalent of <Lightning Palm> except it used the feet instead of hands. This was what I wanted since <Lightning Palm> was so strong!

After buying the skills, I ventured deeper into the vast sea of verdant…

 

Hi, guys author- san here please like my story to keep me motivated so I don't feel my fear of failure crashing down upon causing me to drop this book. Also comments on how I'm doing is greatly appreciated even if they aren't kind, they help me to grow. 

Oh and of course last but not least thank you for reading!

36