4 – sucking a corpse
464 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Now that you have selected the blessing Lord of the World, you need to create your first mob. You will be provided resources as you probably have not gotten the chance to collect them yourself. You can mold and shape your mob as you wish.

You have been given 1 Unaffiliated Elemental Wisp Corpse.]

suddenly a tiny, solid tear-drop shaped body plopped down in front of me. Fanny shrieked when she heard the plop. I did, too, honestly.

it was a loud sound.

the corpse didn't have limbs or facial features, which was weird, but I'm not judging.

'Fanny, what do I do with this thing?'

"Y-you're supposed to absorb it," she muttered, inching away from the still corpse.

'what? you've never seen a dead wisp before?'

"No!" then she paused. "Have you?"

'nope. anyway, how do I absorb stuff?'

The pixie shrugged. "I dunno. I think it's an instinctive thing for dungeons...It's not in my handbook, so I think you have to figure it out for yourself."

I narrowed my senses at her. 'you'd better not be pulling my leg. else I'll do something...really bad.'

She rolled her eyes. "You said that the last time and I'm still here, aren't I?"

'...no, I said I'd do something bad...I didn't say 'something really bad'...'

"What difference does it-"

'shush. you're distracting me. go back to your corner.'

she huffed and went back to her corner. satisfied, I turned back to the corpse. I poked and prodded it with my senses but nothing came up.

hmm. what absorbs things? I have to absorb stuff to get stronger or whatever...

sponges? paper towels? time?!

maybe I'm going about this the wrong way. maybe, instead of absorbing stuff, I can suck it into my core? like a funnel or a vacuum or, or a mouth.

I imagined an extended mouth leading from my core, hovering just under the body of the wisp. then, I started sucking as hard as I could. I strained my sucking powers, nearly passing out from the effort I exerted until, finally, the body slid down into the ground.

success!

[You have absorbed 1 Unaffiliated Elemental Wisp Corpse!

You have gained 10 mana!]

my core was thrush with energy. I felt like I could go at least another few hours without sleeping.

[You are now at max mana!]

10 is my cap? kinda lame...

Like the story? Be 5 days ahead on my Patreon!

7