#002 – A choice to regret
823 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sweet voice completely contrasted the seriousness in her face and the words that were ushered, almost as if they were said by someone else... But that wasn't what worried me.
" Son of what?"
That was the only reaction I could have... It didn't sound like anything I had heard before. Holy shit... My mind went hazy, like... not as if I didn't understand, Like my brain didn't compute it (???)... Also, I didn't realize there and then but I had no memory of her mouth saying anything after the "son of part"... Weird.
"If the Directorium didn't allow you to hear, there's no point repeating myself. I said I had a proposal for you."
"Then say it?"
"Do you accept my proposal?"
"But you said nothing!"
"You puny humans... Always so doubtful and inquisitive... FINE! I'll give you a choice then: Do you want to live or to rot?"
She said while pointing behind me. As I turned around the way she was pointing I saw my body in a pool of blood.
I stood there, completely dumbfounded. I could feel the silence almost as if it was tangible, after a few seconds that felt like hours the silence was broken by her words.
"You're already dead."
The sweet voice said id as if comforting me, those words resounded inside my head as I was struck by the worst headache ever, I screamed as I crouched holding my head in my hands. It felt like it was being crushed.
"Seems like the Directorium Index recognized the incongruence. Wandering Souls generally don't know they are dead, well, that's my fault."
"Just...What...Are you.."
"Me? That's the least of your problems. I'd appreciate it if you make your decision quickly though... They have already come"
As my pain subsided I realized my mind had gone blank, just as when she spoke that name, the moment I died. There was something censoring my memory. I looked at her again to make sure what to think
"Did you hear what I just said? Make your decision NOW!"
When she raised her tone for the first time my whole body chilled. I followed her line of sight to the sky behind me... There was a circular crack forming, a dark and crimson spiral. Something was emerging from it. A greyish ghost. Not like any ghost, It was almost transparent, with bone arms and a slit on its body where a dreadful eye could be seen"
"That's a Shedim, they oversee the death cycle to eliminate those seem by the Directorium as unruly. Once he absorbs you there's nothing I can do to help."
As she said it I gazed at the Shedim... In his eyes, I could not see or feel anything... Nothingness... But as once was said, when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss looks right back at you. And I felt Fear.
Not any kind of fear, not the fear of being robbed in a dark alley.
FEAR.
Simply fear.
A fear so pure it instantaneously cleared any and all my doubts
"What do I need to do?"
"Do not go insane"
She held my face in her hands and gave me a kiss... It was sweet and kind, the best feeling I had ever felt in my lonely and pointless life. As I closed my eyes to enjoy it...
I could only think about,
death.

Let's go BOIS

25