Will it be my Friend?
68 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aster loaded ChickenChickenStop, and typed “would you rather” into the search bar. Lazy he clicked the top link and started on the questions.

“Would you rather be a teacher or student your whole life?” Aster’s pale hand hovered over the trackpad in thought. His brown eyes hardened as he thought over the possibilities, “Do something I love for the rest of my life or be the world’s oldest student. I can’t get paid to be a student, boy would those bills pile up, teacher it is then.” He clicked teacher and the next one loaded.

“Would you rather be able to change the past or see the future?” Running his hand through his smooth black hair that was neither too long nor too short he mumbled to himself, “The future will eventually be the past so long as you live. So, the simple answer would be to change the past. In contrast, if you were to die in the future it would never become the past hence never being able to be changed. So, see the future.”

“Would you rather find the one girl perfect for you, or have the power to make any girl have sex with you?” Aster was put in a stupor at his initial read but calmed himself clearing the redness from his face. His surroundings were rancorous as students shouted in conversation mixed with sporadic sounds of laughter. “I’ve always read that the people who have too much sex don’t enjoy it anymore. So, I’ll go for the perfect one for me.”

“Would you rather have a giant personal inventory without any weight or the ability to fast travel to any location you previously visited?” Aster’s attention was completely on the screen and was shocked when a young male voice called out for him. His hand unintentionally slipped clicking one of the two options, which one, he didn’t know.

“Aster!”

“What’s up Blake?” Aster answered his voice deep and soothing with his lips curved in a small smile. Blake looked to be closer to 15, while Aster looked to be 18 with a light black scruffy beard.

“I need some help on the homework assignment, you got some time?”

“Currently doing some would you rathers you mind waiting, say five minutes?”

“Sure thing! I’ll be at our usual spot with Kaylee.”

Aster flashed a thumb up to the fleeting Blake and returned his gaze to the question on his screen. He first tried to go back to the previous question but couldn’t, not caring any longer he moved on to the new question. “Would you have the ability to make three save points where you could restart at or have “new game plus” where when you die you start the last week over with all your knowledge and skills?”

“The first is an active ability while the second is passive. The first has more situations that it is usable but it requires the person to be constantly on top of their situation, while the second doesn’t have any limits. I’ll go with the first.” This was only a fun way to pass time but Aster took it very seriously.

“Would you rather been sent to a post-apocalyptic world as the last human, or be sent to a fantasy world?”

“Why would anyone ever pick the first one? Doesn’t matter, the second one all the way.”

“Would you know everything, or rule the world?”

“Another simple one, by knowing everything. You can rule the world. You can’t know everything by ruling the world.”

“Would you rather be able to read the mind of the people you are close to, or be able to teleport anywhere you want within a 15 mile of yourself? You may only teleport every 30 minutes, you may teleport people and things with you but they must be touching YOU, so no chains. Done by snapping your fingers. You will teleported to a safe location, so no falling from the sky or in a location of immediate danger.”

“Would be boring to read minds and with the stipulation of those close to you, it is vague on when it would be useable. Teleportation I guess.”

“Would you rather string your opponent along the entire fight or crush them from the beginning?”

“Always is funny to see the villain just be played with as the main character yawns and doesn’t care about them. Though there is so much wish fulfillment in one shotting people! This tough, hmmm, string the opponent along, that would so much more fun I think. Just watching them break down as they realize they have no chance.” Aster laughed to himself at the thought with a sinister grin across his chiseled face.

“Would you rather have 50 million dollars or some random superpower?”

“Some random superpower. Sounds so much more fun.” When Aster clicked the last answer, the screen went black and shortly after so did Aster’s surroundings.

“Are you kidding me!” Inside the darkness, everything clicked.

“Wait…Am I meant to be angry here? Why though? I mean I had friends in the world but now I get to be the main character of a new story!”

“Hey God, who sent me here! I’ll make sure to fix your world! That is my promise! To me, this new world is one of fantasy but to you, ours was something of Science Fiction.”

This whole new world had opened up before Aster and he accepted it with a smile as he the powers from the questions flowed through him. He was meant to push this God’s world into the future.

“I can’t help but regret though. I can’t see this personal inventory being more useful than fast travel. I mean I have the blink ability that came but the fast travel had no limits! Such a waste!”

He paused for a second as he realized it was really windy, "This is strange, why is the wind so strong here?"

The first step to this new world was something to be expected, he first had to live the fall from the clear skies.

He was the main character so he had nothing to worry about though.

That was until he activated future sight and saw the God hadn’t given him the ability to live this fall. In the future, he didn’t act he fell to the ground and died without a trace beside the giant crater left on impact.

Step one was to slow his descent by spreading his body out and next taking off his shirt to catch as much air as possible.

“What next! Just because I know everything doesn’t mean I can actively achieve the desired outcome. Why couldn’t he just teleport me onto the ground!”

The ground was growing closer and he couldn’t help but think about an old story he read, where a whale and bowl of petunias were falling from the sky. The Whale was a humorous creature which had just been born and had to come to terms with its life before it died. While the bowl of petunias merely commented, “Oh, no not again.”

“That isn’t important now! But boy was it funny! Wait maybe now I can understand the thoughts of the bowl of petunias…”

“AH! That’s it! The Bowl of Petunias had been through the situation before obviously. Here is the interesting part it lived!”

“Part of it was time travel through the possibilities of the universe. Another chance was teleportation!”

“That ground is coming up fast and I don’t have a revival skill, crap! Maybe it just wants to be friends, Hey, Ground!”

He shook his head, “Who am I kidding the ground doesn’t want to be my friend, it is looking to be my worst enemy!”

In the moments before death, he sucked in his breath and snapped his fingers causing him to be teleported safely onto the ground.

“That was fun! I now see why people love sky diving! Hahahaha!” He was releasing a hearty laugh something completely counter to his express a mere moment before of complete horror.

Maybe he knew he could do that the whole time and he likely did, but it is also possible that during the death situation he forgot about his ability till it was almost too late.

“Thank you, Senpai Bowl of Petunias, I’m alive here today because of your discovers. And you Sperm Whale, your thoughts were spot on, I only wish you could have experienced the joys of life. Instead, you had to be betrayed by the first thing you innocently believed to be a friend.”

He bowed 90 degrees and took in his surrounds.

Stood in front of his was a beautiful Elf, and he immediately knew who it was. She was the one who he was fated to be with. He ran up to hug her and with his arms wrapped around her, he shouted with joy, “I’ve found you! You are just as beautiful as I im-“ He was cut short as the Elf punched him straight in the face and Aster flew far away from the Elf, no longer in his grasp.

“Team Rocket is Blasting off again!”

And now we can truly say the story has begun!

0