3-
36 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
     

Class Option

     
             

Wizard

 

+4 spr, +4 cla, +2 free stats per level

   
   

+25% mp,+25% mp regen

   
             

Sorcerer

 

+5 spr, +5 cla, +3 free stats per level

   
   

+10% hp, hp regen,+15% mp, mp regen

   
             

Acolyte

 

+2 con, +2 spr,+2 cla,+5 free stats per level

   
   

+10% hp, hp regen, mp, mp regen

   


Not just one, but three magical class options.

 

My jaw dropped ,as I just stared.

 

“Soo, what do you have?”

 

“ I have wizard, sorcerer, and acolyte as class options, all of which have spirit and clarity as stat bonuses.”

 

My parents gave a slightly shocked look but, “well it's to be expected of our daughter haha” my dad laughed and smiled at the news.

 

“That’s wonderful Terra, can you tell us exactly what each class gives.”

 

Giving them the specific bonuses each class promises, my father blew a breath before sitting back in his chair. 

 

“Well I’ve heard about wizards and acolytes before. Wizard is the class most mages that decade to study in the capitals of countries choose. Wizards are more focused on the studiable parts of magic, and supplement their power with knowledge and experiments. With the right access to books, magic ingredients, and mentorship wizards have helped every country through either as military assets, or through their innovations such as mana lamps, or barrier formations.

 

Acolytes are magic classes that focus on their connection to gods. In our country Gladias, the most prominent and official religion is Vitra goddess of life and death, but there are other gods followers spread across as well. There is always at least one church of each god in every capital in all countries, less they become angered. As an acolyte you would have a straight path to either becoming a cleric or paladin for whichever church you’d like. You would also have the choice of either becoming a military force for the church, focus on healing spells as a cleric and heal the sick and injured in cities and villages. You could become our next village healer.

 

Sorcerer is the class I know the least about, but I have heard about. Often sorcerers are found amongst adventurers due to how they grow not from study, but from direct usage of their talents. Wizards can of course level through fighting monsters with their magics, but most opt to instead gradually level in the safety of their cities. Sorcerers, however, rely on their innate magic, meaning they need to grow from fights like normal fighters and hunters. Due to their reliance on innate magic, higher level sorcerers will often align themselves and their class to specific elements or types of magic to increase their strength. A fire sorcerer will always outclass a fire wizard of similar levels, but wizards due to reliance on their understanding and studies of manipulating mana, will be able to master fire, water, wind, and various types of magics.

 

A fire sorcerer might be able to cast other types of magics, but aligning their own body and spirit with fire magic comes with its own pros and cons. At least sorcerers don’t need as many resources and time to study as wizards, which is why 9 out ten times you find a magic caster as an adventurer or mercenary, it's a sorcerer rather than a wizard.”

 

“Terra, if you want to be a wizard, we can send in a word through one of our friends to get you a spot in the examination trail for a magic academy in the capital. If you want to be an acolyte and join a church, we will support your endeavors as well. No matter your choice we will support you”

 

“Still, I think it would be best if you chose acolyte. No place would ever say no to another cleric, and the paladin orders are well established and reputed. Being a wizard means competition for resources which while we can get you a spot for the entrance exam, we frankly don’t have the assets for much more. Sorcerers, well I mainly know the ones that became adventurers and even then I don’t know their options as well,” my father told me.

“So becoming would mean studying in the capital or other magic academies, becoming an acolyte would mean joining a church and having a patron god, while becoming a sorcerer would normally mean becoming an adventurer?”

 

‘I can understand why my parents would want me to get the acolyte class since it would mean a secure livelihood with less dangers. Becoming a cleric I would be wanted in any city, and always have a job tending to the injured and sick. Becoming a wizard could also be a promising career, but my start would be rough. I would need scholarships and a way to distinguish myself to actually be on par with other rich peers. 

And becoming a sorcerer, would mean fighting monsters to level. Every class can be trained through practice and non dangerous settings, but most will hit a limit from just that. Clerics can grow stronger from just healing the injured, and wizards can gain power from their research and studies continuously, while a normal fighter that only trained and never fought real battles would be overtaken by the average adventurer fighter. Sorcerers on the other hand don’t need studies or resources, nor do they need a god to worship or an injury to heal. They would just need practice and monsters to kill to gain strength which is why they are both easy and hard to level due to the dangers associated with fighting. 

 

This decision will direct my future.’

 

“Yeah I think that i’m going to think on it first”

 

“Ok Terra, while this isn’t something that can be put off forever, it's important give it time and thought as well, in the end it's your life and we just want you to be happy,” my mother comforted. 

Sleeping on my bed, I began to ponder, what path did I want to take. I always knew I wanted to go down a path of magic, but I'm not sure which one. All seem great, and I’m thrilled to have been given three choices, but at the same time I'm anxious that I may choose the wrong one, or one I might regret. I’m not sure if it would’ve been better to have only been given one magic class choice so I wouldn’t have to worry about this so much. 

I already have in mind her future choice, but just curious what others would have picked or liked.
  • Wizard Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Sorcerer Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Acolyte Votes: 1 33.3%
Total voters: 3 · This poll was closed on Nov 27, 2021 10:44 AM.
2