5-
71 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Basically the morning was just my dad sneaking up on me and tossing rocks at my face.

 

I got the skill, and some maybe bruises on the back of my head.

 

Now it's evening which I have the whole rest of the day to myself!

 

Father and mother aren’t mages, and there aren't any mages in our village. I mean there’s the local apothecary, but she doesn’t really use magic as much as her recipes and concoctions. 

 

So it’s basically up to me and the knowledge I’ve gained from my books to move forward in my path. 

Mana Bolt

1

Fire a bolt of mana

Mana Barrier

1

Create a barrier of mana

Sense Mana

18

Sense mana

I have 2 spells from my class, and sense mana from general, with 8 slots for my class, and 3 slots for general skills. 

 

I have 1 basic atk and 1 basic defensive spell now, along with a utility sense mana spell. In the books I’ve read, basic mage classes tend to also receive basic spells like these, and gain new spells either from creation or altering spells from the caster, or at certain level thresholds. 

 

In this village, we have a normal clearing, some wood and earth walls to protect us, and are surrounded by forest. There are a few rocky regions to the east, but far enough that we don’t tend to travel there. 

 

Generally it is just trees, grass, streams, and local wildlife for most of it. I want to get spells that I can use and practice in our surroundings, which means being able to defend myself from monsters, and getting some skills to help others would be good as well. 

 

Most likely I’ll take some time to train and develop my magic, then I’ll join Kaira and Lan in hunting in hopes of getting some levels. 

Looking around me, I had chosen a secluded spot, near the river surrounded by trees and some rocks. The books explained that most basic magics given by the system are instinctual.

 

“Mana Bolt”

 

Outstretching my arm, I faced my palm towards a tree. A warmth could be felt, growing inside myself, as I could feel my mana becoming active, as it flowed to my arm, gathering until it became visible. A blue swirl of energy, coalescing until it became erratic. 

 

Phwuup*

 

The bolt discharged from my palm, searing the bark of the tree as it dissipated. 

 

Walking up to the tree, there was only the barest of burn marks on the bark as evidence of my first spell. Against another person, it would probably distract them, maybe a small burn and impact, but definitely not enough to kill a monster just yet. 

 

Mana Manipulation Skill available*

 

Accepting the skill, it was mentioned that after casting one’s first spell, this general skill would be available and was highly recommended to keep as it would help in all future spell castings. 

 

While it was doable according to the text, to cast magic without or do any action or feats without skills, it would require much more effort, time, and talent to replicate similar results of those with such skills, and I had no mind to handicap myself. 

 

Current

Max

Regen

 

Hp

15

15

3

Hp/hr

Mp

19

22

6

Mp/hr

The bolt itself was about the size of my palm, looking down at my small 10 year old hands. It was raw mana simply brought together and fired in an attempt to attack and disrupt an enemy. 

 

“Mana Barrier.”

 

A dome of translucent blue was summoned, enveloping me, standing about an arms length away from myself. Taking a step forward, the barrier moved with me as its center. This time I could instead feel a constant connection to the spell, as it was constantly fueled by the mana from within me. 

 

While the mana bolt simply gathered and expelled my mana, this one was anchored to myself, built with an initial structure then after being set it was constantly being fueled. 

 

Current

Max

Regen

 

Hp

15

15

3

Hp/hr

Mp

9

22

6

Mp/hr

 

My eyes bulged.’That took 10 whole mana!, nearly three times the cost of mana bolt.

 

Stretching on my toes, I tapped the barrier and sure enough it was solid. 

 

I could sense a small flow of mana from myself, supplying the barrier. I imagine that it probably takes some kind of upkeep mana cost to keep this spell formed. 

 

“Mana Bolt,” Firing the bolt at the barrier, they collided as the barrier dispersed my attack.

Mp

6

22

6

Mp/hr

 

Looking at the barrier, I noticed that the spot where my attack hit, has some marking, as though the mana had been scraped or rearranged messily. The barrier was slowly repairing itself to become back to its uniform self. 

 

Focusing on my connection, I tried to will my mana towards the barrier.

Mp

4

22

6

Mp/hr

The wall quickly cleaned itself, restored to its original ‘textures.’

 

So this barrier has an initial mana cost, some kind of time upkeep cost that seems low enough since it hasn’t subtracted from my mana just yet, and a base amount of hp, in which I can focus my mana to repairing. Overall a very solid defensive spell. 

 

Releasing the spell, the dome disappeared. 

 

Sigh*

 

I only used my spells a handful of times and I’m already practically empty on mana now. At 6 Mp/hr I can fully regenerate my mana in a little more than 4 hours of time.  

 

Oh wait I have free stats still to allocate.

 

Sorcerers get +5 spr, +5 cla, +3 free stats per level so I can allocate 3 free stat points per level.

 

Strength for physical might

Constitution for physical resilience

Dexterity for precise movements 

Agility for fast movement

Spirit for mp, magic power, mental strength

Clarity for mp regen, magic control, mental resilience

Since I just want to practice my magic currently, I’ll just invest all of my free stats into clarity for now to have more mana to practice with.

Name

Terra Navia

   
         
     

Current

Max

Class

Sorcerer

1

100

         
 

Current

Max

Regen

 

Hp

15

15

3

Hp/hr

Mp

5

22

6.9

Mp/hr

         

Strength

6

     

Constitution

7

     

Dexterity

8

     

Agility

5

     

Spirit

19

     

Clarity

20

     

Free Stats

0

     

 

0