Chapter 3: Hatchling and the Break of Dawn
232 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     After watching the moons and the stars for several hours the baby dragon had fallen asleep and after some time passed he awakes to a bright orange tint beaming onto his eyelids and thus he opens his eyes to a beautiful sight! The 4 moons fell below the horizon and rising above the trees was a bright and glowing sun. As the baby dragon basks in the suns rising light, he feels as though all of the fatigue from the previous night was washed away and his body starts to slightly grow and suddenly he starts to grow scales that shimmer dark red in the sunlight. 

     "Ah this feels strange, like I feel heavier but not as tired as I would expect to feel" The weight of the scales were heavy but not heavy enough to slow him down, thus he decided to get up and start moving again to find a place where he would be safe and secure. He then gets up and start walking what he assumes would be south, where he hope it will be warmer like when he was alive on earth. "Hmmm I wonder where a good place for me to settle down would be" the little dragon pondered as he walked past a creek and a few burrows. Then something massive comes into his view.

     A tall mountain appears over the horizon a mountain so tall that it dwarfs the sky itself covered in many shivering waterfalls, tall trees and strangely enough giant stone monsters that are attached directly to the mountainside from the waist up. "Dang that is the biggest mountain I have ever seen! not only that but those monsters look like they could swish me like an ant! I guess I will wait to go there until I get bigger". The little dragon then walks away, not even noticing the very slight red drops of liquid that were dripping from his freshly grown scales.

6