Chapter 9: (Side Story 1) King of none
113 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

     In a kingdom across the land, a newborn prince stares at the night sky with a face of wonder in his eyes. his toes covered in a blood red crust and his skin pale as the moons above. His father, the king of the country and his mother the queen sitting by his side. As they sit there for hours, the boys parents use they're powerful magic to numb the excruciating pain the baby boy goes through with his terrible blight.

     "My love, my King, why have we not found the cure for our baby boy? you sent our eldest son to search for it didn't you?"

     "Yes I did. In fact it has at least been half a month since he ventured out. I frequently receive letters from him detailing his progress. He just so happened to have found what we need, however he has hit a bit of a snag. The creature with the cure we need has fled from him however he is still searching chasing after it. He soon hopes to return home with the cure, whether the beast is willing or not."

     "But my love, do you not remember the myth?! The beast must be willing to give it to us in order for us to get the cure, for not only must the cure be fresh, but if it is willingly given then the cure will be blessed with far more potency."

     "I know! yes, I understand however we must not forget that the beast is still a wild pup, so it could lash out at our son if he is not careful. Thus, whether the beast is alive or dead, we will get what our baby needs to survive, lest he dies in pain and agony."

 

     Thus the king and queen finish they're talk. As they finish, they look out into the horizon, the view stretching over a vast landscape, full of nothing but broken buildings and burnt black grasslands. The lands appear to be heavily damaged, and far in the distance, the sight of a mountain can be see, with a flock of winged beasts steadily approaching.

3