6. Update
73 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ashe and Aliyah spend a considerable amount of time together.

Only after Aliyah stopped crying did the two siblings separated. Ashe wiped his tears before doing the same for his sister.

“You’ve always been such an emotional younger sister. It’s so good to finally see you again.” 

“I…I’m just happy to see you again…and for the record, I’m older.”

Aliyah and Ashe looked at each other before bursting into laughter. The two were twins and often argue who’s older and gets to look down upon the other.

Though Ashe was born earlier, Aliyah was more mature and serious.

Those were the times when everything was normal.

“Is…Mom and Dad with you?” Ashe asked, hoping to hear a favorable answer.

Aliyah, however, shook her head. She tightly closed her eyes before lowering her head. Ashe felt her trembling hands, “They were…in India when it happened while I was back in Canada for college. I searched for them, but…one of the biggest rifts opened, and a named Boss Monster appeared there. I received a phone call from mom…she said, “I love you” before getting cut off.” 

Aliyah could still remember the ragged breathing of her mother. That trembling voice of their mother still remained in her mind.

“I should have been there with you, I’m sorry.” Such was the words he could muster.

Ashe knew that his sister had been through a lot. He too, felt such a thing before—three years ago, to be exact. 

Aliyah wiped her tears away as dry laughter escaped, “You don’t have to apologize. You couldn’t have done anything to prevent it from happening.”

“Don’t worry, I’m here now. I’ll take care of you now. You won’t have to worry about anything.” A sincere tone came from Ashe. It was different from the playful manner he shows to Vine or the others.

Since Ashe came back from the other world, he retained the mindset he cultivated from ten years of never-ending killing for survival. Ashe was aware it would not disappear; that’s who he was now. He was cold and ruthless, detached and treacherous—Ashe desired change.

The reason why he decided to return was to find his family and live once more. He wanted to live with a family. His parents may have died, but he still had Aliyah. 

Ashe already decided he would try to become someone better.

‘It’s a good thing I refrained from killing the Seekers.’ Ashe felt proud.

While Ashe was feeling proud, he heard a sharp trill in his head. It was sharper than any sound he had heard. It was painful and felt as if a jagged blade was jammed in his head, then twisting it just to make it hurt.

“Ashe, is something wrong?”

“I-I’m f…fine…okay, I’m not… this is not good...aaaAAAAAHHH!!!” He wanted to act tough and not worry Aliyah but failed as reality hit him 

Ashe held onto his head as he fell to the ground. His eyes were turning red while his veins protruded, ‘What the fuck is happening!? I heard it’s hard to change…but this is hell!’

“Ashe!!! H-hold on, I’ll call a doctor! SOMEONE! HELP!” Aliyah carried Ashe to his bed before rushing to get a Doctor.

Ashe was left in the room. 


System Error: Foreign Existence Detected!!! A being from THE BEYOND has been confirmed. 


“What…the hell….aaaaHHH! What’s happening!?” Ashe’s body began to burn; his body felt like it had too much energy and, at the same time, none. 

Layers of red system panels appeared. All of which populated with nonsensical symbols even Ashe failed to understand. His head continued hurting, and as the torture continued.

His fingers stiffened; his bones creaked. Ashe, however, has no plan of dying like this. 

“Stop it…” His voice was soft; he did not cry aloud, neither did he panicked. He simply endured the pain, “This will come to pass—” he hoped for the best.

But just as he was preparing himself for the oncoming waves of pain, a black panel then appeared.


Termination starting...2%


“Dammit…” Ashe failed to contain his displeasure. The system was planning to terminate him for reasons he did not know. 

Colt was aware that the system had changed. Many errors were appearing like that time when he couldn’t change his titles. However, he was not aware that it would be the cause of his death. 

He wasn’t even aware such an option was plausible. 

When he searched for a method how to live through this and reached blank, his temper went wild. His anger rose and forced his body to move. 

“Not like this… what kind of end is this? I…I refuse to disappear like this!!!”

He moved his stiff body, but what he got was no freedom of movement but ruptured veins and cracked skin. Blood spurted out like a fountain. His body was left twitching after such an ordeal.

‘dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit…I don’t want to die…’


Termination 34%#@^*)@#$*( @#Error…


However, just as Ashe was about to be terminated. The red panels changed colors. It turned blue, and the word, Rebooting, appeared.

The trilling sound stopped and was replaced by a woman’s voice. 

[You just had to fight it… don’t worry I wouldn’t let you die. I failed to take into account that they’ll track your system so quickly. Do not worry; when you wake up, your system will have adapted to that place, and this conversation will only be nothing more than a faint dream. Don’t fail me now, my Champion.]

Ashe failed to properly listen, but he got the gist of what the voice was saying. However, something else stuck out to him, and as he closed his eyes, the pain, the suffering, and everything else became irrelevant as he whispered, “Yuria…?”

Rebooting 99%...Complete.


  • Your existence has now been registered in the Gods’ Information Center.
  • You can now receive the blessings of Gods and receive [Class-Advancement Quests][Class limitation] has been implemented, [Adventure] has been added to your system’s function.
  • SkillClass, and Item Acquisition Regulation has been put in place. A strict method of gaining Classes and Skills has been put in place. You can now buy items in the [Store]
  • You are now being watched by the Gods.

‘Gods? Is there such a thing in Astralius?’

Ashe had awoken—his mind at least.

He could not see the system while his eyes were closed, but he could hear its monotonous announcement. Ashe had nothing to say.

But he did find something out of place. There was a gap in his mind he could not comprehend, ‘Yuria…how come she’s in my mind again? Must be the near-death experience.’

Ashe was left with a bitter taste in his mouth. He failed to understand what’s going on, but if he could think like this, that would mean he was alive.

Slowly, he opened his eyes and saw the white ceiling of his room. There was no stench of blood; he reckoned this was a new room. 

“It appears I managed to survive…such luck.” Having his veins rupture after having been subjected to such misfortune like this made surprised even himself. He never had much luck, “It appears I reached the peak of my luck.”

“Uncle, why are you talking to yourself?” 

While Ashe was casually speaking to himself, he heard a child’s voice. He turned to the bedside and saw a young girl playing a game on the Union Ring.

Ashe…remained silent as he stared at the kid. She resembled a child Ashe did not want to remember.

‘They’re already dead, Ashe.’ He confirmed to himself.

“Who are you, kid? Are you lost or something?” his voice had a hint of reluctance.

The kid finally raised her head as the panel turned red, and the words “Game Over” appeared. The little child’s hair color was the same as Ashe’s, black.

“Thalia lost because Uncle disturbed me.”

“No, you lost because you’re not good at the game.” Ashe smiled at the now glaring girl; he took note of the girl’s name, “You keep calling me, Uncle, do you perhaps know who I am?”

The girl got off from the chair for no apparent reason. She did not leave and took a deep breath.

She raised both hands and then struck a pose, “My name is Thalia Crombel, daughter of the Red Flash, Aliyah, and Faust Crombel!”

Ashe looked at the child and wished she was not someone stupid, ‘Even if she is, she’s cute enough to become a celebrity…then again, she’s still a child.’

“Now, tell me who you are, Uncle.”

“Excuse me?”

“Thalia introduced herself, now Uncle has to do the same.” Thalia said with a smug expression.

Ashe checked his condition and confirmed conditions and confirmed there was nothing to fear.

‘The Healers here are good.’

He slowly got up, and he too struck a pose, “They call me the Dragon Slayer, and The Conqueror of the North, Ashe Zhang is my name!”

Perfect.

Thalia’s eyes glowed with a brilliant light. They were twinkling like the stars.

“Amazing…such flawless execution of movements.” Thalia was shocked out of her wits.

Ashe seemed proud as he stuck his nose up. 

He should be worried about what’s going on; however, he already dragged out what he needed from the child with that simple conversation.

The name Aliyah was enough to make sense of the situation. 

“So, you’re my niece? I didn’t think Aliyah already had a child. Then again, I did pass out before she could explain anything…how old are you, little one?”

“Thalia is seven, Magnificent Uncle.”

“Ohhh, you know just how to greet me, don’t you?” Ashe found Thalia’s carefree attitude reminiscent of his Aliyah’s young years; he couldn’t help but feel a little nostalgic.

“Uncle, Uncle, is it true that you’re a Wanderer?”

“Hmm? Yes, that, I am.”

“Ooooh, please tell Thalia what it’s like over the Wildlands?”

Ashe smiled as utter bullshitery flowed out of his mouth…

Inform me of any mistakes...

Leave a review, I hope you like the story so far.

8