Chapter 2
376 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

System? When was there ever a system? Gods were normal as there were many religions about many gods from the Greek pantheon, to the Norse pantheon, but I have never once in my life ever heard of a system. 

"System? What's this system?"

"Toshi? Are you ok? The system is given to us by the gods so we can surpass our limits and grow stronger. Every level up, you gain an increase in stats and stat points to increase your stats even more. Haven't I told you this before?"

It was obvious. Something had changed. First off, my mother's memories have been altered since I have never once remembered her telling me about this system, and most likely, everyone else's too.

"I just want to make sure I remember correctly," I said, lying to my mother. "How do I use this system?"

My mother looked at me weirdly. "Are you sure you're fine? It's simple. Think of opening up the system, and then you'll figure it out from there."

I see. Trying out what my mother said, I thought of opening this so-called system, causing a list of options to appear in front of me.


  • Status
  • Skills
  • Quests

Huh, surprisingly simple. I lifted up my hand and pressed the first button on the list, the status. As my finger made contact with the holographic button, a new window appeared in front of me.


[Toshi Zanagi]

Level: 16

Race: Human (???) (NPC)

Class: N/A (Choose your class)

Titles: Man Who Transcended Time (2x XP)

HP: 160/160 (+1.6/s)

MP: 80/80 (+0.4/s)

Strength: 32

Endurance: 16

Dexterity: 64

Intelligence: 8


Looking at my status, it was pretty obvious what this was used for, which was to measure my power. I don't really know if this is strong compared to other people, but looking at it, it was pretty accurate.

Before I got stuck in this whole time-loop, I'd been training with my father, so 32 strength made sense. Endurance was also probably right, and Dexterity was definitely right. I don't want to brag, but I'm very fast. The Intelligence stat does hurt me though... I know I'm not the smartest, but does it really have to rub it in?

The question marks beside my race were also weird. Is it trying to tell me that I'm not human or something? You know what, that actually makes some sense since I'm the only person that's aware that we're stuck in a time-loop. Also, what the hell is an NPC? Am I an alien or something?

The next thing that I looked at was my class, which was glowing with a message that told me to choose my class. I didn't really know what it wanted me to do, but I pressed the glowing message, causing a prompt to appear in front of me.


[What class do you want?]


Do I just answer? Uhh... I don't really know what a class is, but dragons are cool. Can I be a dragon, but like a samurai since my gramps was a samurai?


[Request, [Dragon Samurai], has been received. Creating a suitable class evolution branch... a basic class, [Swordsman], has been given.]


(3rd Person POV)

"Dude! Are you excited?! The brand new VRMMORPG is coming out today. I heard that it's the most realistic VRMMORPG game ever and that everything in the game is handled by an A.I," a boy said to his friend.

"Yeah, and did you know that with the use of the A.I., you can have any class you want? Not to mention the NPCs of the game are apparently so realistic, there's no way to tell them apart from other players."

Everywhere around the world, people were excited about the launch of 'New Eden'. The company boasted that their new game, New Eden had a whopping 99% similarity to reality and that people could live their 'second-life' there and even make money off of playing the game with their in-built RMT system that could convert game currency into IRL money.

VRMMORPGs weren't rare and were definitely a lucrative market, but all the VRMMORPGs currently released right now were nothing compared to New Eden.

All the VRMMORPGs currently out in the market weren't very realistic, with the highest being 50% similarity to reality, but with New Eden, people could finally live out their fantasies as they were free to do whatever they wanted in their second-life.

The company itself has said multiple times that it values the freedom of its players, meaning that there are little to no rules in the game. Anything someone thought of could be done in the game, no matter how bad.

At first, some people thought that this was a bad thing, but as time went on, more and more people didn't mind. It might be bad that some of the evil players had the freedom to do whatever they wanted, but that also meant that the 'good' or neutral players had the freedom to do whatever they wanted.

Want to claim a mountain as your base? So be it. Make your own kingdom? Why not, who's stopping you?

Players are free to do whatever they want as soon as the servers are launched which is happening at 12 pm.


(Toshi POV)

After receiving my class, I took a look at my title which I found fitting since one could say that I did transcend time since as far as I know, I was the only one that had the knowledge of being stuck in a time-loop.

Closing my status, I opened my skills and quests, which were both empty when I opened them. Staring blankly at the empty window in front of me, my mother yelled at me.

"Toshi! Finish your food or else it's going to get cold."

Ahh right. I haven't eaten yet since I've been too busy looking at my status.

The food was basic, the same thing that I've eaten day after day and I quickly finished it as I went into the bathroom to relieve myself.

In the bathroom, I washed my hands after peeing in the toilet, looking at myself in the mirror. 

I didn't look half-bad. I think... I was already old enough to marry someone and taller than most of the adults in my village with my height being 6'10". My muscles were also toned and lean. 

My mother also told me that I had my grampas eyes and hair, which were both brown.

The people in my village always teased me that I was 16 and still haven't found a woman, but how could I find one with this stupid time-loop in the way?!

Screw them. One day, I'll bring home a nice and pretty girl and let's see what they have to say.

6