Let’s Finish This (2)
2.5k 9 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Today seems like a good enough day for a workout.”

Looking at the dawning sun, I said to myself with a smile. I was currently standing near the knights training grounds within the castle. Other than the occasional patrol that gives me weird looks every now and again, no one else came by. As for why I was out here, well, if you don’t count the training I do with Alice and the others every other day, I haven’t had a decent workout in a long time. I want to work up a nice sweat before I start my morning off.

“First thing’s first...”

Stepping up to a pull up bar that was near me, I did a small jump and grabbed the bar firmly.

“Let’s do some pull ups.”

And just like that, I begin my workout. It didn’t consist of anything really special, I just did various pull ups, sit ups, push ups, squats and burpees until I started to feel tired. And while doing so, I let my mind wander, thinking about many things. Such as what my plan is after leaving here. Should I have a set destination to go to or should I go wherever the wind blows me? 

Should I head towards the east and find myself an elf girl or should I travel around the world killing monsters and taking quests with a hot and rumbustious adventurer girl?

Ah, it’s quite the hard decision to make. 

Either way, I want to see with my own eyes how much the world changed, whether for the better or for the worse.

“It’s time for breakfast, Master.”

Then as I was in the middle of doing another round of push ups, the familiar voice of Mary called out to me, breaking me out of my zone. Standing up and dusting my hands off, I glance at the now risen sun and say to her smiling.

“Really? Man, time flies.”

The workout did feel great though. I feel energized and satisfied. 

“Here’s a towel, Master.”

Grabbing the towel that was resting on her arm, Mary offered it to me. 

“Thanks. How long have you been here?”

Taking it with a small thanks, I wiped my face and asked.

“Three hours I think?”

“Three hours? Why didn’t you call out to me? I would’ve stopped a little bit earlier if I knew you were here.”

I said apologetically. I was too engrossed in my thoughts that I unknowingly made a young maiden wait on me. This isn’t how it’s supposed to be done Marcus, it’s the other way around!

 “But Master looked like he was in deep thought. I never seen you have a face as serious as the one you had on earlier. Which is quite surprising.”

Mary said, astonished. Well, to be fair, it was a hard decision to decide on. The perpetual flat plains of the elves or the possibility of encountering an adventurer blessed with mountains?

I don’t discriminate since both have their charms but I lean more towards the latter than the former. 

… Let’s not tell her about this and leave her to her false belief. I’ve been needing something that could raise my image in Mary’s eyes. She’s learning my perverted habits and she spares no expense at throwing jabs at me whenever we are alone or telling Alice what I do. 

Aren’t I supposed to be your master? 

 “Well, since it’s breakfast, let me go change, I don’t want to eat while feeling wet.”

Having been working out for three hours straight, my clothes are soaked in sweat. Almost as if I jumped in a pool of water only to hop back out a moment later.

Can’t go to breakfast smelling like musk now can I?

***

“Hmm? When did this get here?”

Upon entering my room, I asked Mary. On the coffee table was an assortment of glass beakers, a cauldron, and some packages bound tightly. 

I knew what it was. It was the alchemy set and ingredients I requested. I was just wondering when it arrived here. 

“This arrived earlier this morning. I was told by the head butler to send it to your room. After knocking on the door a few times, there was no answer so I entered and placed it on the table. I even laid it out in a neat and organized manner. Ain’t I such a capable maid?”

Mary boastfully explained as I walked up to the alchemy set. 

“And for that you have my thanks. I’m a little rusty but once I get back into the groove of it I’ll be able to create top notch potions in no time.”

With this, I can create a few life saving potions for Alice and the others among other things. 

“Hey, master. What's with this drawing of a butler here?”

“…It’s nothing. I just thought I’d try drawing a person from memory as a memorization exercise.”

I said calmly as Mary picked up the drawing to examine it. It wasn’t like I was trying to hide it since I could easily say it was part of my hobby.

As for what the drawing was, it was of the unfortunate soul whose place is about to be momentarily taken. He’s a new butler at the Yulstein estate so no one will know he’s been replaced by me right away. With him, I can easily infiltrate the mansion. 

But Mary doesn’t need to know this. She doesn’t need to know that her master is about to commit a crime that could potentially shake the foundations of this country’s political scene and fatten my pockets. 

“It’s really beautiful. I thought he was someone from within the castle.”

“No. It’s a guy I saw while walking through the city the other day. I wanted to see if I was able to create a drawing by remembering the smallest details of that day. And for some reason his butler outfit stood out the most.”

“Wow! Master is a very talented artist if he could draw this from memory. Great work!”

Mary said admiringly. So with my chest puffed with childish pride, I said shamelessly. 

“I know I’m very talented. Praise me more!”

“No can do, you’ll only get more bold. Now hurry up Master, Ms. Alice and Kari are waiting for you.”

Handing me a set of cleaned clothes, Mary chided. 

“…Why does it sound like you’re a mother scolding a child? I’m older than you, you know?”

Begrudgingly, I said as I went into the bathroom to change.

Hmm, If my math is right, I’m supposed to be twenty. But thanks to some strange phenomenon that happened during the transfer back to my world, I reverted back to the age when I was first summoned to Lunaria, which was fourteen. 

Not that I’m complaining since it’s practically getting three years of my life back. However, the manner in which I spent it left much to be desired. 

But I don’t regret the decision I made. Was it slightly overkill? To most, yes, but to me, the death of those individuals should’ve been more slow. Sigh, while two of the three shitbags got away, the one that died was the one I wanted to kill. His death was well worth the time I served. 

“Come on, let's go. Knowing Kari, she’s probably eating already.”

Stepping out of the bathroom in a fresh pair of clothes, I walked towards the door and said. 

I hope there’s a good amount of food because the morning workout has gotten me very hungry! 

***

Author’s Note:

*Walks up to podium and fixes glasses*

Great News, I passed my MOD 4 and 5!  Now all I have to do is pass all skills and the NREMT and I’ll be going to Whiskey phase, which is the where I learn the military side of medicine. 

On the same note, I also got my first duty station, Fort Hood 😭. I heard from my drill sergeant that Fort Hood isn’t exactly the “great place”, the rumors about it don’t make it better. 

But oh well, what can ya do? So, imma take everything said about the place with a grain of salt and try to have a positive outlook. 

Hell, it might be fun!

*Leaves podium and goes backstage for second*

AHHH FUCK MY LIFE!

*Walks back to the podium*

But on the low, please pray for me!

61