Rated ‘E’ For Everyone (2)
1.5k 6 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Can I get four beers, missy?”

Staring at the young waitress taking our order, I said with a hearty smile. I was with my party, relaxing ourselves in the inn we decided to stay at for the night as we get ready to take on a few quests tomorrow.

We’re so close to becoming B-ranked adventurers!

“Sure. What else?”

“Oh and can you give me the Orc meal?”

“I want steak.”

“Gimme some kabobs.”

“I’ll have just a salad.”

My party members, Rendus, BIll, Lois, and Darlene said respectively. Thanks to some extra income, we were able to splurge a little bit tonight.

“No problem. That’ll be six silvers please.”

“Here.”

I paid the girl six silvers without making much of a fuss. If it was before I might’ve a racket about how overpriced it was, but today I feel like being generous. 

The best money to spend is money that’s acquired risk free.

 “Thank you. I’ll send it over when it’s ready.”

And with that, the girl who I’m assuming to be the innkeeper’s daughter finishes taking our orders and walks towards the kitchen.

“Man, I must say, to think a kid was carrying that much money. Three gold coins! He isn’t the son of a noble is he?”

Bill skeptically said as he eyed the pouch of gold but mostly copper coins on the table. At his theory, I dismissively shook my head.

“I doubt the son of a noble would be running around the city in rags near sunset. I bet they're either attending parties or living it up in their mansions right about now.”

“Hmm, true. If I was a noble, I’d be doing those things. Especially attending parties. Who knows, I might find a pretty young lady if I ever attended one. I am handsome after all.”

At those words…

“Hmph, about as handsome as a horse's ass. I don’t know who told you that you were handsome but they lied to you.”

“But mom said…”

“Well, mom lied.”

Darlene ruthlessly refuted his claims. This resulted in the two immediately getting into a verbal fight. 

“I don’t want to hear that from someone who eats leaves all damn day. What are you a cow? Oh wait, with how that chest is looking you can’t be.”

“Y-you son of a bitch!”

“Hey that’s your mom we’re talking about here!”

“Oi, you two cut it out. You guys are in your late twenties, act like grown ups for a change. You’re drawing stares over here.

I said slightly annoyed. Sigh, this brother-sister pair really gives me a headache. 

“Sorry.”

The two said in unison. However, they were still glaring daggers at each other.

It’s tough being a party leader.

“Rendus, what’s the quest we’re supposed to be taking tomorrow?”

Turning to my right hand man, I ask about tomorrow’s plans. We’re supposed to take on our first B-ranked mission tomorrow and he was the one who picked it out so I wanted details. 

He’s usually the brains behind my leadership so I can trust his decision.

“We’re going to be taking on a dungeon that’s about three days from here. The request we're doing is apparently for the horn of a Lightning Elk that’s needed to create a magic weapon. It’s not terribly difficult nor is it insanely easy. As long as we’ve been doing what we’ve been doing we can accomplish this task fairly quickly.”

“Haha! This is only our first step to actually becoming well known adventurers! One day, we’ll become A-rank and then we’ll reach the most elite rank of all, S-rank!”

S-rank. There’s less than eight parties in the world who have that rank. One day, I’ll make it nine!

“Ah, speaking of rank, how was that new A rank magic spell you’ve been working on Lois?”

Turning my head towards the ever so quiet Lois, I inquired. Playfully twirling her hair, she replied with a smirk.

“It’s coming along fine. As I am now, I’m able to use [Earth Prison] a total of four times.”

“Oh, that’s great. With that, we should be able to trap the Lightning Elk with relative ease.”

As we were talking…

“Here’s your order. Have a nice night.”

 

The innkeeper’s daughter delivered us our food. With a smile, I thank her, grab a mug and start chugging its contents.

Damn, thai feels great!

“Hmm? Hey Miles, look at that beauty over there. Isn’t she pretty?”

“Who?”

Turning my head at Bill’s exclamation, I follow his eyes. And he was right, the girl that entered was quite the beautiful girl. She had short brown hair, big brown eyes, and a bountiful chest.

… I want to take her to my room tonight.

“Ah, looks like she already has a boyfriend.”

Lois said just when I was about to make my move. A man around the same age as her stands by her side. He had brown hair and dark green eyes. And from his build he looks quite muscular. 

Are they on a date?

“The boyfriend is quite the handsome fella. Miles, if you don’t mind working with me, I can help you get that girl while I take the boy.”

“You taking a liking to him?”

“Yes, very. I like his deep green eyes. They give off the aura of a person who’s lived through tough times… I wanna see those same eyes when they are begging for mercy.”

Lois said with a heated expression. Sigh, this damn woman is a huge sadist. The number of men I saw get ‘broken in’ by her the next morning is down right horrifying. 

“Okay. Let’s hear it.”

But as long as it’s not me, I couldn’t care.I don’t mind destroying a relationship if I can get that girl in my bed tonight.

“Those two are at it again.”

Darlene said as she shook her head at me and Lois’ alliance. Her and her brother have been with us long enough to know that we are people who live life by their desires.

A good example of this is when I took that kid's money. I needed money so I took it. And even now I’m contemplating ruining a relationship to fulfill my desires.

 After all, we could die tomorrow, so isn’t it better to live everyday as if it’s our last?

Author’s note 

- Yea, apologies for a long delay. Was gonna drop it last week but due to having to go to Cadet Summer Training in Fort Knox, Kentucky it was put on hold. My hours are mad crazy due to it at the moment   

35