Lesson 04 – The New Normal Life is just like before, only with Addons
988 27 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lesson 04 - The New Normal Life is just like before, only with Addons

Fionnuala was driving to Samantha's place to fetch her school things and an overnight bag.

Seeing the two girls chat casually on the backseat she decided that some things made more sense.

It was really puppy love. Her daughter did not seem too opposed, even if a little confused, and the puppy was confusing herself. A slight possessiveness was good.

She had more issues with the herd. The herd seemed to vary in age, and was really well grown. She was afraid her daughter would feel overwhelmed or get issues about her figure. Their family was decently sized, but not overly blessed in that regard.

The biggest thing however was clearly Zaria.

That the albino was really old and probably measured in millennia was hard to imagine. It explained the weird discrepancy between how old she looked and how she acted.

Harder to believe was that she was something not human that seemed to be very high on that power scale the Otherside seemed to have. Somehow it seemed less weird than the little French vampire that was having plans for her sister.

Fionnuala wished Eireann the best of luck there, dating a small girl was bound to cause issues.

She looked back in the rear-view mirror and saw her daughter affectionately rub Samantha's head.

It seemed that Samantha being like a puppy had not been her imagination, the girl was a puppy. Actually, she was a wolf, maybe a domesticated wolf puppy?

The mother decided not to care too much. Samantha was adorable how she followed her daughter and that was fine.

The big breast invasion was more worrisome.

Her sister being a cat person was surprising, she had always gotten along well with dogs. Now she had two cat lovers.

Fionnuala decided to focus back on driving, her mind was spinning, but that could wait until she was home, or until she was getting drunk tomorrow.

They arrived and her daughter's friend eagerly shot out of the car and barged into her home. "Mom, I am staying over at Isa's tonight and tomorrow."

"Okay, make sure not to bother them." The two humans heard as they approached the open door.

When Samantha's mother appeared in a loose dress, apron, ears and tail showing, Fionnuala was not surprised.

"Good evening Mrs Greenwood." Isabelle called out, clearly used to it.

"I told you, call me Hati." The motherly older wolf corrected. "I guess culture shock got you?"

"Going to get very drunk tomorrow with my sister, her adult looking girlfriend, and her 400-year-old vampire girlfriend. Or Mate, or lover, or whatever the correct terminology is." Fionnuala explained while Isabelle went to help Samantha pack.

"Usually, it is mate for any of us animal races, the others can be complicated. No idea what vampires use actually. They are not exactly common."

Fionnuala filed that away mentally. "The most surprising part is Zaria." The human mother could see how the ears rose to attention and the tail went up at the mention of the albino fox. "That bad?"

"You have no idea how many legends about her exist. To us it is like being in the presence of the ultimate alpha." Hati smoothed down her tail. "All things considered that is probably an understatement."

"So, I heard." Fionnuala mumbled.

"Meet Liska, my youngest one." The mother waved her younger daughter forward from behind the couch, where she had been watching Fionnuala curiously.

"Hello Liska, I am Fionnuala Mc Glytch, you can call me Fio." The Irish redhead knelt down to greet the younger girl, who seemed to be about seven and had light grey hair.

"Actually, getting drunk? Sounds fun, unfortunately the in-laws are coming over. Huskies so I will have my hands full with keeping the house cool."

"I spent some time as a dog today. It was weird."

"What?" Hati was not sure she had heard correctly.

"Zaria did it."

That explained a lot.

"The hearing, the tail, the ears, and the smells, it was very weird for someone like me." Fio started petting the younger girl who seemed to appreciate it.

"You are really good with her."

"As weird as it is going to sound, we had a large dog in our childhood in Eire."

"Oh, yes, but better not tell Sammy, she is so proud of being a wolf, despite being part huskie, but the wolf blood is stronger in her, Liska here is more huskie." Hati explained. "Our genetics are not always logical."

"I could probably ask, but I doubt I will get an answer that I can understand."

"'It's magic!' Is the most commonly accepted response. It is how there are a lot of pure members of races, despite all the breeding that is going on. Sammy is a good example; her characteristics are basically all wolf. Liska here is all huskie."

"If it doesn't make sense, blame magic?"

"Pretty much."

"Sounds like the best advice I got all day." Fio almost fell over when the little huskie in girl form started to rub against her, she also wagged her tail.

"Mom, we are ready. I made sure she packed her books and homework." Isabelle announced.

"I envy you for your orderly daughter."

"I envy you for your familiarity with the weird."

The two mothers shared understanding looks.

It was time to go home however.

"I'll visit another time." Fionnuala assured Liska who seemed very happy with the affection she was getting.

She only got a sad whine in reply.

------

After arriving home Fionnuala took the fact that Samantha let out her ears and tail as a sign that the puppy was comfortable.

The annoyed whines when Isabelle demanded they check over their homework sounded funnier now that she knew the story behind them. Then the mother remembered something else. "Say, does Samantha need a special shampoo for her tail?"

"Need no, but there is a better one on the market naturally." Her daughter replied. "I already bought it."

"I figure you have a brush for her tail as well?"

"Two, a soft and a harder one."

"Isabelle is very good at brushing, it feels so relaxing." Samantha joined the discussion, with a wagging tail.

The two humans ignored the very doggish gesture of the tail.

"You fall asleep half the time." Isabelle complained.

"Your grooming is really relaxing." Samantha made a sleepy face remembering.

Fionnuala decided not to say anything about dog grooming. But looking at their family, how did her sister end up with cats? How?

It just didn't make any sense; they were a dog family.

"Alright girls, once you check the homework you are free, it is not too late so if you want to watch a movie, take a bath, or both, there is enough time for it."

"Okay mom. Sammy, do you want to watch that plane crash survival movie?"

"Yes!" Samantha seemed eager. "I want to try survival like that."

The mother had the feeling if they asked Zaria she'd organize it, and promptly decided that she was going to make sure that it did not happen. Her girl and the puppy far away from civilization in the middle of nowhere for a week or two? Bad idea, she loved her daughter but she was a city girl. Samantha would probably be better off, but she doubted that the puppy could hunt like a wolf, and wolves hunted in packs normally.

Maybe a nice camping trip? Tents, a wild lake, next store half a days walk away? That sounded doable, and would probably keep the insanity down.

"Mom?"

"Yes?"

"Are you really going to get drunk tomorrow?"

Fionnuala thought about the revelations and confirmed her choice to get plastered. "That's the plan."

"Can you even get drunk?"

"Yes?"

"And I mean before the alcohol poisoning stage."

"Yes, I am a normal human."

"I am pretty sure a bottle of whiskey is not normal."

"We are Irish."

Isabelle gave her mother a rather unimpressed look.

"Really, your aunt is the same, your gramps too."

"Am I going to be the same?" Isabelle wondered.

"Probably?" Fionnuala decided to check if her daughter even liked drinking sometime soon. "Next time I get a drink over a free weekend, want to join me?"

"I am fourteen mom."

"That's fine, you are just going to try under my supervision."

"Sammy, let's go, mom is acting weirder than usual."

The two girls left the amused mother behind. "I think I will mention it to Zaria and make her take pictures or something." It seemed something that the albino would do when asked. And she seemed to be handy with magic so she could prevent any dangerous situations.

It was evil, it would make sure the girls would learn a lesson, and it was probably going to be good teasing material.

Fionnuala pulled out her phone and dialled the suddenly second most important number in her phone. "Hello Zaria. I have two things I want to run by you. Did you know that Sammy wants to do some survival? For some weird reason I have the feeling that you know a good wild camping place."

The reply was swift and positive.

"Wonderful, sounds like a nice trip during summer. The other thing is going to sound weird. Can you get the girls drunk and record it? I think it is going to be great teasing material."

This time the reply was both positive and confused.

"I think having them get drunk safely is a good choice. I know you can detox, so why not?"

The reply was amused.

"Naturally I don't want to force it, but it would be good if they learned their limits."

Then there was a change of topic.

"Sure, from my side I don't mind if you change the girls' party to your shrine, honestly having a natural hot spring makes me jealous, though I think we have a pool."

She heard a reply.

"Sure, I'll get the girls sometime and visit, or maybe without the girls."

Once again plans changed.

------

"Girls?"

"Yes mom?" Isabelle looked up from where she was brushing Sammy's tail.

Sammy simply twitched with an ear.

"You will be going to Zaria's shrine tomorrow. She offered grilling, hot springs, and a big tv."

"Sure, it feels very nice."

"I thought you two were going to watch a movie."

"She is not asleep yet." Isabelle defended herself.

"She looks almost asleep, shouldn't you stop."

"I am not done with the tip."

"As long as you two have fun. Remember to tell Yvonna, you know your aunt's schoolgirl cat."

"Mom, are you angry at her for that?"

"Maybe a bit annoyed."

"I think that things run differently on the Otherside. I mean Zaria seems to be the oldest there is."

"And most powerful, and whatever." Fionnuala had trouble comprehending that and was not afraid to admit it. "It makes no sense, but I saw the others react to her, so I guess she really is special."

"I decided to treat her like one of those pranksters and tricksters from the mangas and books. You know, those that you can play around with, but you shouldn't annoy." Isabelle admitted. "I doubt she'd hurt me on purpose, but she'd probably get some really annoying revenge."

"Weird."

"'It's Zaria!' seems to be the most common reaction, same with 'It's magic'."

"Oh well, I will be going to sleep soon, I should probably arrive at the office early if I get a visit and more explanations."

"Okay mom, if you need anything, call Zaria, don't call Yuki unless you speak fox."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Yuki is a fox. Snow fox or something, four legs, snout, fluffy tail, black tips on ears and tail. It's better to text or message her."

"A fox." Fionnuala tried to make sure she had heard correctly.

"That is why you better text her. She has this large mat she uses to write."

"A smart fox?"

"According to Zaria, the smartest being in existence."

"It's Zaria?"

"It's Zaria."

------

Isabelle and Samantha were watching the movie, or rather Samantha was watching the movie, and Isabelle was watching Samantha.

Currently the wolfish girl was growling at the screen where the plane crash survivors were trying to drive a bear off.

The moment where the survivors had been trying to catch fish had led to Isabelle holding Sammy down, or the puppy would have jumped off the bed.

At least it wasn't like the wolf documentary where the girl had decided to howl with them and triggered all dogs in the neighbourhood. Her friend clearly had too much energy at times, it was hard to believe she had been nodding off just half an hour ago.

Then Isabelle got smacked with the wagging tail when the survivors managed to chase the bear away and they were now cooking the trout they had caught.

"You know Sammy." Isabelle caught the tail and started petting it. "Have you ever watched those nature survival shows?"

"It's all staged." The nature girl fired back. "Especially those with the stars that have to reach goals or have to do certain exercises. Farm pre planted food, catch animals that were set free for them."

"Really?" Isabelle was surprised.

"Yes, I can show you all the mistakes they make." Samantha puffed out her small chest. "I have several of the better series on my computer at home."

"Next time I am sleeping over then." Isabelle allowed. "And you are not wearing a bra again."

"It's uncomfortable, I don't need it. I prefer sleeping naked."

"Does it feel better?"

"Yes, you should try it."

"What?"

"Try it."

Isabelle found herself fighting off Samantha who had decided to show her friend how much better sleeping naked was.

Naturally Isabelle lost and found herself being held by the naked Samantha later when it was time to sleep.

To her it was distracting, the only thing allowing her to sleep calmly was that it was clear that Samantha was really innocent.

It didn't stop her from squirming in the wolfgirl's embrace since said girl was warm, had surprisingly firm muscles, and seemed to enjoy being plastered against her. Including intimate parts.

It was probably an Otherside thing, this skinship was taking its toll on her, and she wondered how many races ignored any semblance of personal space. Maybe she should talk to her aunt about it, she was sure Zaria would just tease her.

Tomorrow she would meet up with Zaria, that catgirl Zaria had at her home, Samantha, and that catgirl schoolgirl her aunt was dating. That last one was really weird.

Isabelle shifted her head; Sammy's ear was tickling her face.

No matter what, Isabelle forced herself to sleep.

------

The next morning Isabelle once again had to fight her only normal friend to wake up, pull her along into the shower, and force her to eat breakfast.

As much energy as Samantha had, it was impossible to recognize her in the mornings.

At least, that was Isabelle's opinion anyway, she wasn't a cat, because then making her do anything would have been impossible.

School was actually normal, unless you counted tracking Yvonna.

Juniors visiting Seniors was rare.

Adding in that Isabelle was rather well known for hanging out and being friendly with Zaria and she was visiting Yvonna who was also an aloof beauty. Yvonna's classmates were watching with curious gazes.

"Isabelle, what brings you here? Hello Samantha."

"I forgot to ask for your number yesterday." Isabelle replied while pulling out her phone. "There has been a change. We are invited to Zaria's shrine and her hot springs."

The shadowcat in disguise froze for a moment. "What? Why?" She both sounded and looked really uncomfortable.

"The hot springs are really nice." Isabelle replied. "And I think my mom has been talking with her. I heard it from her and Zaria confirmed."

"But, it's her place!"

"And it is a really nice place." Isabelle once again wondered what Zaria had done that people were so afraid. "It is her place, so I would expect it to be nice. Will you come over on your own or do you want us to pick you up?"

Yvonna suddenly seemed to perk up.

"And you are coming, no escaping or fleeing." Isabelle stood firm.

Yvonna wilted.

"Now before we forget again, what is your number?" Isabelle handed her phone over.

"Pushy girl." Yvonna complained.

"I can always ask her to pick you up."

"Fine." Yvonna lost and knew it.

Meanwhile the shadowcats classmates wondered about the exchange.


That you to my discord crew and especially my @Editors.

Story Links

Spoiler

Discord Link - The good stuff manual is in #information
https://discord.gg/chtmk3t

Dramatis Personae
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RELHzgHz1Ww1jgiLAeTdMSkSnxaUw9G1mMyRKJ1L5bs/edit?usp=sharing

[collapse]

Discord comments:

Spoiler

No spoilers, but the big discussion on underage drinking vs safe drinking and explaining and showing was interesting.

I guess different countries, laws, and family cultures make a huge impact there.

[collapse]

Poll: No Story Impact: Underage Drinking.
1: No, illegal and that is it.
2: No, in the family sipping at celebrations is the maximum.
3: No, but a practical lesson, once only, is fine to show the dangers.
4: Yes, not drunk drinking but a glass with the family now and then.
5: Yes, the law is too restrictive.
6: Undecided, the laws on it are too different from place to place.
7: It should be personal, family, and social responsibility.

No Story Impact: Underage Drinking.
  • 1: No, illegal and that is it. Votes: 4 4.1%
  • 2: No, in the family sipping at celebrations is the maximum. Votes: 19 19.4%
  • 3: No, but a practical lesson, once only, is fine to show the dangers. Votes: 22 22.4%
  • 4: Yes, not drunk drinking but a glass with the family now and then. Votes: 39 39.8%
  • 5: Yes, the law is too restrictive. Votes: 13 13.3%
  • 6: Undecided, the laws on it are too different from place to place. Votes: 20 20.4%
  • 7: It should be personal, family, and social responsibility. Votes: 50 51.0%
Total voters: 98
26