Chapter 13: Talking With Amity
1.2k 12 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Right in front of me is the girl, apparently named Amity, she looks at me and smiles.

“********, ******?”

Oh, I don’t understand a word she’s saying.

“You don’t? well that’s to be expected, considering your circumstances you probably won’t understand anything here, you’ll need to learn the language before trying to engage in any form of conversation, you know? Or you or the person you’re talking too will be talking with a door, it will certainly not be pleasant for you nor the person. But that much is to be expected, I was having hope you could understand, but it was too much for me to ask you.

Zenshin spoke in my mind as his body appeared besides Amity.

“**************?”

She speaks to him.

“Oh no, our friend here was a human, but he died and got reborn as a dragon…”

“***, **************?!”

Zenshin was in the middle of talking but Amity interrupts him.

Wait, if I can’t understand her, how can I understand what Zenshin is talking? He is talking with both of us, it looks like.

“Yes, he got reborn here with his memories of his old life intact, or at least mostly intact, and no, I don’t know how it is possible, the System shouldn’t allow that sort of stuff to happen. And how can you understand me? It’s simple, you aren’t, I’m not even speaking you see, I’m sending my thoughts directly to your brain with [Telepathy], it’s a trick I’ve learned, if I send your brain the information I want, before it is processed in mine, your brain will process it for me, allowing you to understand what I am thinking. Basically I’m sending raw thoughts and your brain is doing the hard work of processing it into understandable words, you see I learned this with my…”

“****! *********************”

Amity grabs Zenshin and lifts him up, looking right as his face.

Hmm, so I can understand him because his tricking my brain, but if I can’t understand anybody else it will be a problem, if I could just learn the language, or I don’t know, have a translator?

[Trying to download Humania language]

Wait, wait, wait, what?

[Extra skill [Humania Language] Lv. 3 successfully obtained]

[Humania language successfully downloaded]

What? I heard the voice of my skill and the Announcer saying stuff, it’s a little weird because they actually have the same voice, but I know who is my skill by instinct.

“No, I’m not making this up, if you want I can connect you directly to him using my [Telepathy], but it’ll be a little complicated for you to send raw thoughts, I’ll probably need to re-think them to send them to him, it’ll be inefficient but it’ll be a way to communicate with him as he’s not able to understand you because of the difference in language, even I can just understand what he’s saying right now, if I am to look his memories or dreams, I’ll only be able to understand him, and just him, nothing else”

“You’re just saying that because you’re being lazy, Zeny”

Amity say puffing her cheeks.

Oh! I understood her!

“No, I’m not bein…wait, what? You understood her?”

“He said he understood me?”

Yes! I don’t know how, but I think I get the skill necessary for me to understand the language.

“That’s....That’s impressive, actually”

“Huh? What’s impressive? What did he say?”

“He said he got the language skill for him to understand you, but to think he would be able to get the skill in so little time hearing you it’s pretty impressive…”

“I can’t believe you’ve manage to get a skill just from hearing me! I know, I’m a great teacher, that’s why you’ve managed to get soooooooo good with the language skill”

Amity interrupts Zenshin and grab me, lifting me up in the air while talking close to my face. The sensation of being lifted up like a house cat is weird, I don’t know how should I feel about it.

“Amity, you didn’t teach him anything, and you’re not a teacher, I need to remember you what happened to the last person you taught?”

“It’s not my fault he couldn’t control his magic, huff”

“But it’s your fault to encourage him to unleash a spell he was not able to control, the destruction of that village was your fault”

“No, it’s not, you can blame me for what he did”

Amity is puffing her cheeks again.

I have a feeling I’ve saved a very bad person.

“Now now, you can understand me yeeeeees?”

I nod my head in an affirmative manner.

“Goooood! Now we can be frieeeends!”

She says in a happy manner while smiling.

“Now, what’s your name?”

Well, my name is Marcos I tried to say, but the only sounds my mouth produced were.

“Rawr rawr raaah”

I-I can’t speak, how good! Letting the sarcasm aside, at least I can understand her. Well, she’s looking at me with her head slightly tilted, I look at Zenshin and he lets out a sigh.

“He said his name is Marcos, but that’s probably his name before he died, if you look at your status right now you’ll see nothing on your name, right?”

I gave him a nod.

“He was called Marcos, but now he doesn’t have a name, Amity”

Her eyes shone like a kid who just get a new toy to play with.

“Can I name you?!”

Ergh? But I do already have a name? and why are you making naming me such a big deal?

Zenshin gives a small cough and Amity looks at him.

“Are you forgetting you hardly have magicules to live and you want to spend it naming him? Do you want to die for real? If you want to die, go ahead and name him right now”

“You’re such a party pooper right now, but you’re right, it’s not like I can name him right now, I could if he was another type of monster, but I can’t with a baby white dragon”

My face shows a confused expression, and Amity takes note of it.

“Let me explain, Monsters and other live forms usually don’t have names, and granting a name to them literally makes them stronger, it’s like an evolution, but you don’t change your appearance, you just grow stronger, coincidentally your evolutions after you receive a name changes too. And the reason I can’t name you right now, is because you’re still a race between dragons and wyverns, there’s a gigantic power gap between those two races, but if you name a baby white dragon that power gap vanishes, and because of that, it consumes a ginormous quantity of magicules, a quantity I don’t have right now”

Well, it didn’t answer everything but I guess I can ask my skill later?

“Huh? Ask your skill?”

Oh yeah, Zenshin is reading my mind, oh, Amity is also looking at me with a confused look, I guess I’ll tell them, I mean, if they were to kill me they would probably have done it already, but okay, I have a skill called [Knowledge Library] and for what I know, it is a skill who access some form of database? I mean it downloaded the skill [Humania Language] Lv. 3 just after I requested to understand you, it probably won’t work on other skills but those that requires just knowledge to work? I don’t know either.

“That’s interesting. What do you think, Amity?”

Zenshin asks Amity and she closes her eyes for a moment, before opening them again.

“It is for sure an interesting skill, it probably accesses some form of library of the universe? Maybe the System’s library? I don’t know the extension of the skill but if is unlimited, it’s probably one of the most broken skills there is, you’re very special”

I guess? I do have other skills though.

“Hmm? What skills?”

Well, can you see my status? Or else I’ll need to name them one by one.

“It will be probably easier if I use [Appraisal]. Very well”

A few seconds later Amity’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

What is she thinking? I’m worried, she’s looking at me like a starving lion would look at a piece of meat.

34