Chapter 29: Message
466 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After I woke up my head felt like it was about to explode. I heard Amity saying something to someone but I couldn't see that person, I only saw a furry tail going behind a tree outside of my field of vision and Amity saying.

"Aaaaaand, he's gone. Great!" She said annoyed.

I walked as my head pounded like it was being hit by a hammer multiple times, causing me to wobble through my path to Amity.

She must have noticed because the next thing I knew I was on top of Amity's head. Her hair is so soft. It's really comfy here.

"Look who woke up, our little monster who can create a hella show with something you shouldn't be able to do" Amity said as she petted me on the head. I just groaned a little because of the headache.

"Ooooh? A headache? At least that. Had you woke up totally fine I would just throw everything away and beg you while on the ground to teach me the ways of magic. Hahahahaha" Amity happily said as she laughed. I was not even paying attention as all I thought was how I missed not having painkillers with me.

The headache only passed after fifteen minutes, but to me it felt hours, I couldn't think properly at all, it felt like the whole world was assaulting my head. On the good side, my [Pain Reduction] skill leveled up during that time.

The headache may be over, but now I feel drained, as if every cell of my body was squished for its last atoms of energy. So I didn't and wouldn't leave Amity's head so soon, after all, her hair was the softest thing I encountered in this world so far and I miss my bed so badly.

I used the time I was being carried on Amity's head to check my status screen, as I had heard the announcer saying something before I passed out and I wanted to check if there's something out of place.

Name: None < Marcos Leandro >

Age: 0

Race: Baby White Dragon

Lv. 9

------------------------------------

Status: Normal

HP -  150/150

MP -  78/500

SP -  200/200  -  130/200

------------------------------------

Strength        - 300 

Defense         - 300 

Magic             - 600 

Magical Defense - 900 

Dexterity       - 155

Stealth         - 155

Precision       - 165

------------------------------------

Titles - 

[Pest Control]

[Tireless Fighter]

[Slaughterer]

[Twister of Fate]

------------------------------------

Skills -

[Racial] Dragon Scales Lv. 1

[Racial] Passive Growth Lv. 1

[Racial] Elemental Breath Lv. 1

[Racial] Instincts Overdrive

[Unique] Knowledge Library Lv. 4

[Unique] True Mimic Lv. 2

[Normal] Appraisal Lv. 4

[Normal] Magicule Detection Lv. 1

[Normal] Magicule Manipulation Lv. 1

[Normal] Automatic HP Recovery Lv. 4

[Normal] Parallel Processing Lv. 3

[Normal] Faint Resistance Lv. 4

[Normal] Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance Lv. 5

[Normal] Evasion Lv. 3

[Normal] Small Hero Lv. 2

[Normal] Fire Magic Lv. 1

[Extra] Regeneration Lv. 2

[Extra] Pain Reduction Lv. 6

True Mimic Registry –

------------------------------------

- Horned rabbit

Ok, not a lot has changed since last time I looked at it. [Pain Reduction] leveled up one level… I think if it hadn't leveled up I wouldn't have managed to get up when I woke up, yeah, it makes sense. Next change is the [Fire Magic] skill, that one is new so my guess is one I got just before passing out. And lastly, the final change I noticed is the title [Twister of Fate]... I have no idea what that title is. The other titles I can get an idea of what they mean just by the name, but this one is different. I can understand that I somehow twisted fate, but what fate? My fate? The fate of someone else? Could you be more clear, please?

[ The title [Twister of Fate] is awarded for those who have overcome their fates. ]

[ Definition for you: Manage to gain a magic skill while on the path to become a wyvern. Successfully cast a primordial spell while being too weak to cast one. ]

[ Hidden effect: Draconic evolutionary path unlocked. Max number of evolution available increased. Toll on your soul from the use of primordial magic has been diminished. ]

...What? Since when have you given me such detailed information? The last time I tried using you to learn how to fly you were silent!

The information and the quality of it impressed me as it didn't give me anything of the sorts until now. Why is it?

[ Individual, baby white dragon, was given more access to the library of the multiverse by a greater power. ]

...Come again?

I was left flabbergasted as I couldn't wrap my head around what I just heard. Somehow an existence that is a "greater power" just gave me an upgrade like that. And I even didn't do anything, that existence just gave me something randomly. Maybe my skill can give me more answers? Who is this greater power?

[ Information not available. ]

Yeah, I was almost certain that was the case.

[ A message has been left by a greater power. Playing message. ]

[ Hello Marcos, how are you? ] A distorted voice echoed in my mind coming from my skill. [ I'm sure you still have so much you don't understand and I know deep inside you wish this all to be a hallucination caused by a heat stroke after running under the hot sun for so long. ] The message continued.

T-this "greater power" knows me? I was honestly scared as this mysterious thing clearly knew about me and my world.

[ I'm sorry to break this down for you, but I judged it important to say the obvious. This world and everything you passed through until now and what you'll pass through is real, no matter how much you wish for it to not be. So I'll tell you this, enjoy everything you can but don't overdo anything, your lifespan is bigger than anything you imagined, so take it easy but don't miss the important stuff. ]

Wow, this sure was a weird message. And what the message said, about me wishing for all of this to be a weird hallucination is true, but to accept this all to be true? I have mixed feelings about it. I mean, how can I just accept these things? It's just too surreal for me to accept.

[ Heh… ]

?! It didn't finish?

[ I just remembered someone made this exact same speech to me many years ago. Say, Marcos, if you had the chance to say something to your past self, what would it be? ]

[ End of message. ]

Oh, that last part is easy, I would tell myself to not go to school that day. Easy answer… ominous message and question, but easy answer.

"...-for a first timer, huh?" Amity was in the middle of saying something when I returned my attention back to my surroundings. My headache was long gone and now I was just a little tired and a little scared of this "greater power". I still don't know how everything works, but I feel like it's not just anyone who can leave a message like that.

"Little gecko?" Amity called me, causing me to look ahead and see a desert. No, wait, it's not a desert, I can see more trees in the distance. 

The scenery was one of a desert tho, the ground torched and burnt wood scattered around. It was almost like someone exploded an incendiary bomb around and judging by the smoke coming out of some of the wood, it probably isn't far from the truth. But I was still confused, what did she want me to see?

"Hehe. Admiring your work?" Amity said proudly, causing me to stop and blink several times.

My what? I asked internally, but it seems like Zenshin was expecting I would ask something so he kept the telepathic link between us.

Amity began to proudly laugh, putting both her hands on her hips.

"You did this. That little spell I taught you caused this. Hehehehehehe, oh he'll be so jealous" Amity laughed as I just stared at the scenery.

…. What?

15