Chapter 10: The Girl Who Fell From The Sky
1.1k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It feels like forever since I’ve started walking, my head hurts from the constant flow of information from [Appraisal]. That’s the only way for me to not think about what happened back in the village….

I’m thinking about it again….

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Grass – A plant based life form, it extracts the nutrients and water from the soil and use the sun as energy source to produce its own food]

[Proficiency points reached sufficient levels, skill [Parallel Processing] reached Lv. 3]

The migraine I get from appraising too much stuff is enough to keep me from thinking about that….the side effect is I feel my head is gonna explode.

But thanks to that my [Appraisal] skill evolved to Lv. 4

I eventually spot a hole in the ground on the base of a hill, looking closer it looks like a cave entrance.

I look at the sky, it's getting dark.

I won't feel safe sleeping here out in the open, I better just go to that cave and hope there's nothing there.

I enter the cave, it's dark, but it's not pitch black, I can still see my surroundings and by the look of things, there's nothing here, which I'm grateful for, I don't want anything happening that can activate that skill.

I just sit there on the ground waiting for  me to fall asleep. I eventually do.

 

I wake up to sounds of explosions not close by, but not too far away. The cave made the sound actually louder than it would have being thanks for the shape of the cavern itself.

I run outside to see what was happening and looking around I couldn’t see a thing, maybe I dreamed about it or something like that?

The sound of another explosion way high up in the sky made my doubt disappear. I instinctively looked the direction I heard it coming.

In the sky I saw a ball of light appearing out of nowhere, and a few seconds the sound of the explosion hit my ears. Apparently whatever those are they’re the source of the sounds I heard and am hearing.

After more 5 orbs of light appeared and disappeared, I notice something where the balls were, I can’t see it properly because of the distance, but it is something and it looks like it’s flying in some chaotic way.

Another sphere of light appears right in front of that thing, but or it couldn’t evade or it didn’t saw it, which is unlikely given the fact that it can be seen even in broad daylight, that something flying in the sky got itself right in the middle of that ball. A few seconds later the explosion sound reached me and the light disappeared as it were never there.

But it looks like it got the flying thing, as it’s now falling straight down.

Maybe I should get closer to see? No way I would do such thing, it’s asking to be killed if another of those balls appeared here on the ground.

The thing continued to fall from the skies, it would hit the ground in a few moments and because it was getting closer I could see what it was…

Wait…isn’t that….a person?!

How does a person fly through the sky like that?! Oh, magic actually exists, I keep forgetting this, but that doesn’t matter right now it’s a person falling to the ground, I should try something….but it’s a person, those balls were probably some form of magic attack?

[Answer: The explosions of light were the result of Holy magic [God’s Light] ]

I knew it! They were some form of magic attack!

If I try to rescue that person, the one attacking her might attack me, I can’t do that.

Lost in thought I’ve lost the time to prevent the fall, as the person just dropped to the ground like a plastic bag full of meat.

Seeing that, I couldn’t help but run at the crash site.

There was a crater where the person fell, it’s not at all big, but it’s still a crater, that’s how much force the person impacted the ground with.

At the center of the crater was a girl, not looking more than 25 years old, her clothes were black with gold details, by her side a broken broom. I get closer to examine her, there’s a few cuts and small wounds here and there, but it doesn’t seem like anything serious. I let out a sigh of relieve.

She doesn’t look dead, at least, and I’ve already gotten this far, better I bring her to the cave.

I grab her by the collar using my mouth, careful to not hurt her or anything like that and begin to drag her towards the cave.

40