Chapter 14: I’m a dragon, not a cat!
934 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“And now she likes you, good luck trying to bear her personality, sometimes it can be a little unbearable to the common people, to me it’s a little annoying but, as her familiar, I’ve grow used to it, but don’t think that’s all her fault, I mean, some of it is, but the truth is she got some skills, literally, that have a psychological effect on the people around her, and again, as I’m her familiar, it affects me too, so, we both are viewed not as usual selves to the people around us, some find us annoying and some even try to kill us, can you believe it?”

Zenshin told me while Amity is holding me like a cat and laughing with an evil grim on her face.

“Hihihihihihihi”

But it explains why I’m thinking he’s talking a lot, well, he is talking more than I usually do, but if I think about it, it actually isn’t that bad, but, why does a skill give this effect? And how do you get this skill in the first place? I highly doubt Amity wanted to gain this skill for any reason whatsoever.

“Well, it would be best for Amity herself explain the history behind it for you, but she’s a little occupied with your skills, she got carried away….”

He looks at Amity, who looks like lost in thoughts.

“Huhuhuhuhu, look at that skill, [True Mimic] what does it do? Maybe it’s the same skill of Changelings? [Knowledge Library] I already thought about but to think those two are unique skills! There’s even [Regeneration]! People try to get the skill for years!”

Oh, yeah, she’s completely lost in thought.

“Oh well, allow me to explain, the skill is not obtainable by normal ways, that is, there’s conditions to acquire it, you need a specific title, [Sin Holder] is the title, and it affects the owner, familiars and named creatures, but don’t think it’s a bad title, I can read your mind and I can see you’re thinking this title means the owner committed a grave sin, but it’s not that, this title is given to anyone who has a skill of the “Sin-Series”, it’s a name people call the series of skills related to sins, but I don’t think this name is actually recognized by the System, I’ll explain what is the System later, don’t worry, anyway, this title is in place for people to know that if you want to acquire the sins skills you need to be prepared for the responsibility it has”

Wow, that’s a lot to sink in at once, so, this “sin skill” gives the one who has it a title called [Sin Holder] and that title gives skills that causes the people around them to view them in a negative impression?

I look at Zenshin while Amity is still lost in thought looking at me making faces of happiness and thoughts, he nods at me.

“Ok, ok, ok, ok, ok, I’ve finished my thinking for today, who knew that you, you cute little thing would be such an amazing thingy”

Amity, now free from the world of thoughts is talking to me in a baby voice, I’m not a baby, ok?

“Amity, he’s saying he’s not a baby”

“Oh, only if you count his past life, but now, he’s just a tiny little baby dragon”

She grabs me with one hand and the other now free hand goes to my belly and start scratching it.

Hey, stop it, I don’t like it….Oh god it tickles, it tickles so much I can’t stop moving around and making weird noises.

Zenshin just looks at the scene unfolding right in front of him, with a concerned expression, but not doing anything. Hey, don’t just stare at me, please help me! Please!

“Just hold on for a while, it’ll be over soon”

He quietly whispers in my mind.

No please, help me! I can’t stand this for too long!

 

After five agonizing minutes Amity stop scratching my belly. My body gave up long ago, I just stay there, breathing heavily.

“Ok, ok, I’ve stopped, now, I know it’s dark, but we better start moving to get away from here, the faster we go, the better”

Huh? She said it’s dark? But I can still see, there’s no change on the light, trying to look around all I see is the cave, bright as day.

“It’s your eyes”

Zenshin spoke to me.

My eyes? What do you mean? I think they’re normal? I mean, I can see better than I remember with my human eyes.

“It’s exactly that, your eyes are dragon’s eyes, because your race is still a “dragon” your eyes are that of a dragon, and because of that, you can see everything better than any other living creature. That will change when you evolve though, your eyes will become the eyes of the species you’ll evolve, I don’t know if your pre-existing skills will be affected, probably not, at least I think no”

I see, so my eyes can see better, I never looked up at the sky, so that explain why I just remember it being day, but it could be night time and I just didn’t notice.

In the meantime, I’ve managed to catch my breath, but I’m still being hold like a cat by Amity.

“All right, anything you need before we depart? It’ll be a really a long jorney, we need to get back to my house, and…”

She makes a movement with her free hand trying to hold something, but nothing actually happens.

“My broom is broken, we can’t fly, so we’ll need to walk, and my house is…if I say pretty far it wouldn’t be a lie, but it’s like comparing a glass of water with the ocean”

“Well, who’s idea was to move to another continent to do stuff?”

“It’s not like I knew this would happen!”

“You’re right, I’m sorry, but I still can’t shake off the fact I told you to not meddle with those churches’ affairs, and I still haven’t told you about everything else, but I won’t because I don’t want to make the dragon you’re holding like a poor animal to suffers an aneurism because of the skill”

Amity sighs.

“I’m sorry, so, let’s go?”

“Very well, we may proceed”

She looks at me.

Eh? Me? I mean, I’ve kinda just been born a few days(?) ago, I don’t know exactly how long it’s been because of my constants blackouts, but anyway, I don’t have anything holding me back, just maybe the question of how I’ve been reborn in an empty forest with a bunch of killer rabbits. I nod at her, I already know thinking about this won’t make me progress into anything, she’s the best option I have to understand everything.

“Great, so let’s go”

With that, we begin our journey, the first step is exciting the cave.

 

***********************************************************************************************************

 

The sun was rising in the sky, everyone in every village was getting up now, but not for some soldiers, they were in a field near a destroyed village near a forest, searching for something all night, they were tired and exhausted.

A man enters a tent in the middle of the plains, there was another man sitting behind a desk with documents and maps on top of, his armor was better looking than the other man’s but the design was overall the same, he stops what he was doing and looks at the man who just entered his tent.

“Sir, lieutenant Bayel reporting, we found nothing, we’ve been searching the plains all night, the soldiers are tired and need some rest”

“No”

“Sir?”

“I’ve said no, we need to encounter the body of that witch and confirm she’s dead”

“But sir, she was attacked directly with [God’s Light] her body was probably pulverized”

“I know that witch, and her body would be destroyed by that alone, she could’ve died, but her body would remain here, perhaps not intact, but still here”

“But sir, we’ve searched all night, we can’t continue searching for a body that may not even exist anymore forever”

“Keep searching”

“But sir!”

“I’ve said KEEP SEARCHING!”

Lieutenant Bayel stays silent for 5 seconds before answering.

“Yes sir, I’ll tell the men they need to keep searching until we find something.”

“See? It wasn’t that hard, now get out before I throw you myself”

That marked the end of their discussion, as Lieutenant Bayel bow to the man sitting in the chair and takes his leave out of the tent.

35