Chapter 16: Stone Sculpture
813 6 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Phew! That was a long walk! I’m sweating so much I could swim in my own sweat! I never got this tired!”

“Amity, we just walked for one hour, I’ve seen you walk for days, don’t act like that just because your skills are sealed, it’s a little sad”

“Ouch! You hurt me if you said things like thaaat. Ok, ok, the village is right there, just a couple hundred meters and we’re there. To the village!”

Amity points her finger in the direction of the village, while her other arm is close to her torso while holding something. That something is me, I’m being carried around not like a cat anymore, I’m like a purse without handles, if I could describe my mind right now with two words, they would be: dead inside.

A couple of minutes passes by as Amity and Zenshin walk to the village, I’m just being carried around, I haven’t moved for a couple hours by now, I’m just existing, my mind refuses to acknowledge that someone is carrying me like you would carry a purse, I didn’t even realize we entered the village until the smell of blood hit my nose, pulling me back to reality.

“Wow, someone was busy, there are a lot of bodies and a lot of rabbits around here, those poor little thingys, they’re all dead, soooooo saaad”

Amity is making a crying voice, even though she’s not crying herself.

So, I’m back here… the blood looks dry, I guess it’s been a while since I’ve killed them, I lost track of time when I walked away from here.

“You did this, little gecko? You are really a merciless monster, aren’t yah? You killed even those little kids? Ooooh, soo evil”

I didn’t kill anybody ok! They were already dead when I got here! It was just the rabbits! I killed only the rabbits!

…. I killed only the rabbits…I killed the rabbits…I killed something…

“Oh-oh, Amity, he looks like he’ll have a mental breakdown, please do something”

“What do you want me to do? Hey, little gecko, what do you think of eating something? I’ll prepare something for you!”

She raised me in front of her face and looked at me, but my eyes did not meet hers, they were distant.

I…. I killed the rabbits and ate them…

“Amity, you’re not helping, leave this to me, you’re only making things worse”

Amity put me on the ground right in front of Zenshin.

“Ok, let me try this, [Calm Down] … No? It didn’t work? It must be that skill of mental resistance, I’ll need to put more magicules in the skill than I thought, let’s try again, [Calm Down]”

My mind became clear like if I just wake up from a trance, I look at the blue fox right in front of me in confusion, wasn’t I in Amity’s arm?

“Good, it worked, we won’t have to be preoccupied with you having a mental breakdown after seeing dead corpses of humans and rabbits, that would be bad and…Amity, don’t just walk away! Where are you going?!”

Zenshin turned away from me to look at Amity, I followed his gaze to see Amity breaking a door by kicking it right in the handle.

“I’m looking for supplies, and before you say I’m stealing, they’re all dead, finders keepers!”

“Oh my King, do you really have to disrespect the dead like this? Do you want to get a ghost haunting you? Because that’s a way to get a ghost haunting someone! Did you forget that year you spend trying to get that vengeful spirit off your ass? Did you forget how you’ve managed to get him to haunt you in the first place? You took the items of his dead body after you found him dead in the forest, don’t you remember?”

“Are you seeing any soul around here?”

Amity shout from inside the house so that we could hear her.

“No?”

“So it’s fine”

“That’s not the point!”

“Of course it is! The lesson I learned that day was to not take a corpse’s belongings if his spirit is still around”

“whaaa?”

Zenshin looks shocked. I’m lost in what’s happening here, I tried look around, but my eyes avoided a lot of the scenery, the only things I saw were the houses, Zenshin, the village’s walls, a well and a small stone sculpture that I don’t recognize.

“You should have learned to not disrespect the dead! Even Maut herself said it!”

Zenshin, what’s that over there?

“I’m doing it anyway! If there’s no spirit left to become mad at me for stealing his belonging, I won’t be stealing anything, I’ll just have found it. And your aunt herself said she think it’s fine if the spirit of the owner is not around”

Zenshin’s mouth is wide open, I guess I won’t be able to get in the middle of this, I think I’ll check that sculpture on my own.

As I walked to the sculpture, weird things happened around me, my eyes suddenly change direction and I move where they aim automatically, I don’t even notice I’ve changed directions until I see the sculpture going in a different direction. Some places on the ground are just a blur, I can see the blur with my peripheral vision but the moment when I try to look directly at them my eyes go somewhere else, it’s a little frustrating, actually, but it won’t stop me, I lock my vision on the stone sculpture and walk straight at it, whenever I change direction I stop, turn straight at it again and start to move again.

It didn’t take long, but the closer I got to the building the sculpture is near, the more I needed to correct myself, it’s like I’m avoiding something unconsciously, but I don’t know what. Anyway, I’m finally here, I’m right in front of the rock sculpture. I must say, it doesn’t look like a human, but it’s humanoid, it resembles a cat, kinda, the only thing weird is that it has a tail coming out a little above the middle of its back, and I don’t know if that’s fur on half of his legs, arms and upper body or some kind of clothing, maybe if I appraise it?

[Stone Sculpture of Theo]

That’s informative so informative as giving a cave man a phone and saying it’s a phone. Well, I know I can just pass the results of [Appraisal] through [Knowledge Library], but I want to know, can I use the two skills together? Let me give a try.

[Stone Sculpture of Theo

A Sculpture representing the God of Space Theo, it is usually inside the churches in his shrine, but some kingdoms have a law ordering the churches to build a sculpture of the God the country worships in front of the churches as a sign of good faith]

Oh, it worked, that’s good to know, and also, this sculpture is a sculpture of a god? Well, Amity was hit by a magic called [God’s Light] so I guess I’m on a kingdom of religious fanatics? That’s not scary at all!

Anyway, the building behind me is a church, then?

I turn to the building behind me, it’s a simple building, but bigger than the other ones around it, I guess that makes sense, it’s a church, so it need space to accommodate a lot of people, I try to look at the door, but my gaze immediately turned away.

What? This again?

I try looking at the door again, but ends up as the same result.

You know what? I’ll force myself there, I know where it is, I just need to close my eyes, walk there and open them whenever I hit something.

And that’s exactly what I did, I closed my eyes and started walking to the area I think the door is.

33