Chapter 28: Twister of Fate
517 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex walked the corridors of the complex they've made to accommodate all of the summoned thinking about Leo.

"That guy is still too excited to be here. even after 1 year the excitement he has hasn't diminished in the slightest" she mumbled as she dragged her two legs towards her room.

Once in her room Alex just let her body fall on the bed, but she couldn't sleep even though she was dead tired. Her mind was still very active.

Tomorrow will be one year since we got kidnapped to another world. I wonder how my parents are, they probably are so preoccupied with me they can't sleep well. Tears began to form on Alex's eyes as she remembers her home and family and imagines them worried a lot since her sudden disappearance together with her whole class.

The news probably made a complete coverage about all of us missing, and they probably pissed Marcos off asking about us. A small smile grew in Alex's face as tears poured down her cheeks.

Oh Marcos you dork. You always staying up late and getting late to class saved your ass this time. But it was for the better, you wouldn't like this place anyway. We're basically slaves forced to fight and I'm sure you would run away screaming from the first monster who tried to kill you. Alex thought as she gave a last laugh before crying herself to sleep.


"GAAH!" I screamed as I ran from a green creature the size of a child and as ugly as humanly possible armed with a wood club. The results from my [Appraisal] and [Knowledge Library] combo tells me that creature is a goblin.

"You can do it, little gecko!" Amity cheered me up as she observed me with Zenshin on top of a boulder, just chilling there as the goblin tried to smash me with that club.

"Just do as I told you and you'll be fine, it's not that hard!" She said pointing to a magic circle floating in the air. According to her, for me to evolve I need to reach Lv. 10 and know how to cast a simple [Fireball], but her methods of teaching are, for lack of a better word, lacking. She just drew a magic circle in the air and told me to do the same, and after I failed a few times she told me she had an idea and went somewhere in the woods. Now I'm in this situation.

I put my paw in front of my face and pushed the thing Amity called magicules to the point of my finger as I began to draw with it in the air, but it's easier said than done, more so if you're running while at it. It's like I have a pen and I'm running with it next to a wall, all the "ink" is being wasted as I leave a trail in the air that dissipates after I move too far away from it.

As I was running with only three paws on the floor, I hit a root with my only front paw, lost balance and fell on the ground. The goblin doesn't waste the opportunity and swings his club down, aiming for my head. I managed to roll to my right to avoid being hit, but then I heard a crack and pain flooding my mind from somewhere I'm not used to feeling yet, my wing.

I barely had time to yelp in pain before the goblin lifted his club to swing again. It's now or never, I lifted my finger and, pushing magicules to the very tip of my claw, began to draw a circle with a triangle with the vertices connected to the circle. The goblin started to swing his club down but I was already finishing the last part, a triple helix, as Amity called it, a symbol that looks as if infinity had gained a third loop. As the club was swung down I pushed everything I had on the magic circle, which lit up in a crimson red before folding on itself and burning with fire in a characteristic fireball that mages often cast on fantasy books, RPGs, movies, you name it.

The fireball shot through the air in a quick motion, and as the goblin and I weren't that far apart, with him being actually right on top of me, that ball of fire hit him right in the face in less than a second. Being hit by the fireball caused the goblin to lose footing and his aim got off course, hitting the ground right besides my face.

The fires didn't vanish after hitting their target, but rather stuck in his flesh, using it to fuel itself. The goblin jumped back and started hitting his own face in an attempt to extinguish the flames, but it had the opposite effect as the fire spread to his hands and arms. The smell of burning flesh and the sound of the goblin's desperate screams filled the air as I watched in horror as the goblin fell on the ground and his dying screams got muffled before suddenly stopping.

"Yaaaay. You did it!" Amity cheerfully said as she came skipping. She picked me up and began to spin around.

The sudden movement made me yelp in pain as it flooded my mind once again.

"Oh, sorry, sorry, sorry" Amity apologized and put me back on the ground with care to not hurt me more, then, she took a look at my wing.

"Ow, it looks like the bones are broken, actually,  more like shattered" she said as she poked my wing, which made me moan in pain.

[Proficiency points have reached the threshold, skill [Pain Reduction] achieved Lv. 5]

As I agonized over my broken wing, a thought passed through my mind. Didn't I have a skill that helped with injuries?

Opening my status page I cast a glance to my HP just to check it, and sure enough.

HP - 110/150

It went down 40 HP points...wait, doesn't HP means Health Points? So I just said Health Points points? I guess I did?... The pain yanked myself out of my thoughts, so I resumed going through my skill list.

Sure enough, I had something that I think could help with my problem and that was [Regeneration]. As I was thinking how to activate it I suddenly knew how to do it. Just like [True Mimic] I just knew how to do it in an instinctual way, and activate it I did.

"Oh! I guess it isn't shattered anymore?" Amity said with surprise as a warm sensation spread through my wing and it began to fix itself.

It wasn't without pain, but it was way better than if I just let it be. I could feel my bones coming back to where they were supposed to be and a warmer sensation forming where they broke for a second before vanishing.

The whole process took 30 seconds to complete, and I went from having my bone completely shattered to a completely restored bone. Of course, Amity was gapping with a smile on her face the whole time, even Zenshin gave me a curious look.

"Are you sure you're less than a month old and not a powerhouse disguised as an infant?" Amity joked about my unique skill set. But then I was hit with a wave of dizziness that made me stumble on my own paws.

"Looks like you overdid it, buddy. We'll let you rest to recover your magicule reserves before coming back for more" Amity picked me up and poked my nose before I passed out.

It took me 15 minutes to wake up again, and then Amity put me in a drawing training. She made me draw the [Fireball] circle time and time again until she was completely satisfied with my drawings.

"Now, little gecko, I'll teach you how to cast a [Fireball] without the need to draw" Amity was in full teacher mode. "The most important step is visualization, you need to imagine what the magic will do, for a simple [Fireball] you just need to imagine, well, a fireball. Then you need to say the chant with both the magic circle you drew for the last hour and the visualization in mind"

"Observe, I'll cast a [Fireball] using a basic chant" Amity spoke as she moved a little away from any trees. She put her hand in front of her and started chanting.

"Primordial fire that burns within-..." She started and yellow flames burst out of nowhere around Amity's body. Zenshin also looked at her with a face full of concern and a raised eyebrow.

"Consume my enemies and shine with the force of creation. Fireball" the flames exploded in all directions before converging in a singular point on the tip of her finger. That small whitish yellow dot flew towards a tree and at the moment of impact it burst in flames that lasted a few minutes, leaving nothing but ashes behind.

"Pant. Pant. Any questions?" Amity asked while holding a big smile while trying to hide her panting, she must be in a really bad shape with the seal on her, as she just casted a single [Fireball] and is already panting.

I looked at Zenshin and moved my eyes towards Amity and back at Zenshin who nodded, understanding my intentions.

The visualization part can be anything? I asked in my mind, and Zenshin transmitted to Amity, who nodded her hand in an affirmative way.

Ok, so I can imagine the fireball in any way, and I think it should at least match what the spell is trying to do, otherwise it won't work. So, what is the best way to imagine this? A gas flame? A flamethrower? A normal fireball?

It was already darkening as the sun settled in the horizon. A ray of light passed through the leaves in the forest and hit my eyes. I moved my head to protect my eyes but I suddenly stopped.

Wait, the sun… the sun can be considered a giant ball of fire! Ok. Ok. What is the hottest star there is? A class-O star! Thank you 1000+ hours of sci-fi gaming.

Primordial fire that burns within. I started casting the magic the way Amity showed me, with both the magic circle and the image of a blue giant star in mind, [Parallel Processing] helped a lot.

Differently from Amity, flames didn't burst out from me at all, but I could feel something forming on the tip of my claw that I had pointed to a tree.

Consume my enemies and-... as I continued the casting I heard the announcer, I still don't know what to call the voice I hear.

[Proficiency points have reached the threshold. Normal skill [Fire Magic] Lv.1 successfully obtained]

[Conditions satisfied. Individual, baby white dragon, has acquired the title [Twister of Fate]]

And shine with the force of crea-... I suddenly blacked out as I was finishing casting the [Fireball] spell.

12