Chapter 32: Very Well Done Orc
448 9 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, this is me?" I asked while I circled around a projection of me.

Yes, the illusion creates a perfect copy of you that I can control or just set it to copy your own movements. It's a great mirror if you ask me. Zenshin answered as he lazed around on top of a small boulder while we waited for Amity to return with food, mainly for me as Zenshin told me he doesn't eat and Amity eats just for the fun of it.

I nodded and returned my attention back to my 'mirror' as Zenshin described.

The first thing I noticed was that I had hair that goes from my head, passes my neck and ends on my shoulders, or should I call it mane? It doesn't matter. Though it's not normal fur, as I could see and feel when I passed my paw through it, it was made out of super dense plasma, which is a weird experience as the only plasma I knew were those plasma balls you buy for decoration and fire as it is a kind of plasma and I couldn't touch them. As I said, it's not fur but feels exactly like fur, it's a weird sensation to be honest. The next thing I noticed were my scales. They made a pattern that looks exactly like one of those pictures of the surface of the sun, they even change a little making it looks like it is molten, and of course, they seemed to change colors according to my emotions coming from a dark red to a yellowish red then to a whitish yellow, like the sun, and then blue. I've confirmed that my body temperature rises the more blue on the scale I get.

"Are you sure I'm not a walking Chernobyl, right?" I looked at Zenshin and asked again.

What is "Chernobyl"? And for the last time, no, you're not leaking "radiation" or whatever. Zenshin answered a little irritatedly because this is the fifth time I've asked this question already.

"Are you certain? Because it is invisible and it can kill everything in thousands of meters" I said.

Are you finished looking at yourself? He said, completely ignoring my last comment.

"No, just a little more" I said defeated and worried I'll contaminate wherever I pass.

Looking back at my mirror self I continued examining myself. My wings followed the pattern of my body scales except for the membrane. Touching my wing membrane felt something similar to my mane but stronger. I asked my skill about it and the answer it gave me was somewhat expected.

[The membrane of a Solar Dragon's wing and tail together with its mane are made of super-condensed solar plasma held together by powerful magnetic fields. The magnetic fields are so strong that the plasma inside them behaves like solid matter and block any electromagnetic wave apart from the human visible spectrum from leaving the insides of the dragon]

Okay, Okay, looks like I'm the world's most powerful magnet… At least it looks like I don't have to worry about leaving a trail of radiation wherever I walk, that's good.

The last thing I noticed on my duplicate image were my eyes. They were gold before my evolution and now they continue being mostly golden in color, but there's a deep blue ring around it. I wonder what it is… and I know what can explain it to me, right?

[Spiritual creatures and Magic-being have their strongest elemental affinity in their eyes or other parts of their bodies. White dragons have golden eyes as they don't have any strong elemental affinity prior to evolving, as a result dragon's eyes lose their golden color completely once evolution takes place and is substituted by its true affinities]

I see… in that case, shouldn't my eyes be red? Or is it blue because I actually become blue when excited? For all I know I might be colorblind and this is actually red. There is something weird in the explanation as my eyes-...

"I brought dinner!" Amity shouted, interrupting my thoughts.

I looked over and saw Amity casually walking towards us from a hill waving her hands.

"And your target practice too! It's two for the price of one!" She shouted once more.

I was confused for a second before a giant muscular green creature appeared from behind said hill appeared behind her. The green creature was holding a tree trunk like it was a baseball bat and swung on Amity. Unfortunately for the creature, Amity didn't move at all from the swing it made as she continued to walk towards us.

I quickly used [Appraisal] together with [Knowledge Library] to know what the heck that creature was.

The results were what I expected, that creature was an Orc and by the description I was given, an Orc has the strength to tear apart a normal human in half and Amity casually took the hit from one and didn't look fazed at all. How strong is she? And she had her strength sealed, at least is what she is constantly saying.

The Orc looked confused as to why the little human in front of him wasn't dead yet and a shout from Amity made him turn his attention to me.

"Denaru, if you want to eat today you'll have to kill it, okay? Gotta be training if you want to survive in this world" She smiled after she said it. The Orc looked at me for a few seconds before looking back at Amity.

He gave up trying to kill her when she didn't budge at all when he tried to hit her with all his might and focused on me. I gulped in shock looking at that giant eyeing me up and down. While I had 1 meter in height at most, that guy was 4 meters tall with bulging muscles accompanying his height.

He pressed his hand against his club and shot towards me. Each step he took would push him several meters closer to me and leave a small hole where his feet were.

"Go ahead! Use the spell I taught you!" She shouted.

Don't use the spell she taught you. Use just the skill while imagining a fireball. Trust me, you don't want to try using that spell again if you're not ready. Zenshin's voice echoed in my mind.

I quickly nodded and activated my [Fire Magic] skill and imagined a fireball. I felt the skill activating and giving form to my imagination as a ball of fire appeared next to me. For a moment I didn't know what to do next, but an idea flashed in my mind. What if I willed it to shoot towards the Orc? That was exactly what I did, and to my surprise the fireball did exactly that.

The Orc noticed the [Fireball] and moved his club to smash it. When both collided the tree trunk exploded in pieces that caught fire and hit one of the Orc's eyes, blinding it.

The Orc put his free hand over the hurt eye and screamed in pain. I looked over to Zenshin smiling as I managed to actually hurt someone, and of course I feel terrible about it as well.

Don't-... too late. Zenshin said in my mind. I was confused and was about to ask what he meant when what was left of the tree trunk on the Orc's hand hit me in my face and I was sent rolling on the ground.

I didn't stay disoriented for too long, a couple seconds at the most, so I immediately looked at the direction of the Orc and was shocked by the fact he was basically on top of me already preparing his fist to punch me.

I quickly activated my skill again, this time creating a wall of fire between me and him. The Orc stopped before hitting the flames and took a step back as the heat from the fire was intense. I took a moment to take a deep breath to recover from the shock.

I could already feel my chest hurting from guilt as I hurt someone and got happy about it, but I also knew this wasn't the best time to think about this. As I was finishing my train of thought a small rock the size of an adult human's hand passed through the fire and hit me in my right front leg with such force that made me wince in pain. Suddenly the place where the rock hit began to spray something that ignited even the air around it, the grass it touched was completely incinerated in under a second. It dawned on me that the thing that was leaving my body right now and putting fire in the air was probably my own blood, as the description [Knowledge Library] gave me before evolving was that my blood is in a permanent plasma state and that my body temperature could reach ten thousand degrees. 

I was a little desperate as my blood was literally spraying out of my body and I could see the temperature in the air around me rising greatly with each second it passed. I put my other paw on top of the wound hoping the [Heat Immunity] skill wasn't only for show. And sure enough, I didn't feel any discomfort from putting my paw on it, I still could feel the heat that was leaking out of my body, it just didn't affect me in any way.

In the corner of my vision I saw the Orc walking around the flames to reach me. I knew if i didn't do anything that Orc would come and try to kill me so I tossed my guilt feelings to the back of my mind as it was my survival that was at stake and I couldn't afford to get hit as that could mean my death if the Orc aim for my head, and he probably is.

I looked over to the wall of flames and targeted the Orc, the wall responded to my aim and suddenly began to move towards the Orc. I didn't know if I could create a wall of fire using the skill and I couldn't afford the limits of what I could do at that moment, so I just created a huge [Fireball] and didn't sent it off, the results were as they happened, I've successfully created a fire wall and I could throw it just like a [Fireball].

The Orc wasn't expecting that huge wall of flames to move on its own and he stopped for just a second, stunned by the shock, and that second was proven enough as the [Fireball] hit his arms as he tried to protect his head and was sent flying once the spell exploded, even I wasn't totally safe as the blast hit me dead in the face and I lost my footing for a moment. 

I was impressed by the force it caused, as I was nearly fifteen meters away from it when it exploded and it still hit me hard. The Orc probably didn't survive as he was in the center of the explosion.

A sudden roar made me look in the direction the Orc was sent flying and I was agape with what I saw. The Orc was still alive, but not by much by the looks of it, everything below his elbows was blasted away and only two black stumps remained. His skill was covered in burns and some parts were even carbonized.

He looked at me with madening rage in his eyes as he shot towards me with an incredible speed. The rage emanating from him was almost palpable in the air, he was foaming at the mouth and seemed to have lost all control of himself as he threw himself in an attempt to kill me before it died.

The look on his face as our eyes met was enough to freeze me in place with fear. I've never encountered something that wanted me dead that much, is this what is called murderous intent? I suddenly felt something deep within myself awakening and calling for bloodshed. I recognized the sensation immediately, it was the skill [Instincts Overdrive] activating because of the murderous intent and I couldn't do anything about it. I could feel it trying to corrupt my mind and I would’ve probably blacked out if my mental resistance skill and my evolution hadn't happened yet, but I still lost control of my body as the skill took over me and I could only watch.

As the Orc came rushing like a train I roared in his direction and pressed my paws firmly against the ground. I could feel my magicules flowing like a river to the base of my neck and begin to form something there. The Orc came as a bullet, but whatever my skill made me do was already finished as I could feel the thing that was forming inside of my neck going up and getting in my mouth.

With a roar I spit fire, not your normal fire nor your normal flamethrower, I was spitting plasma so hot it was igniting the air around it, just like my blood did a few seconds ago. The Orc didn’t even try to avoid it as his mind was nowhere to be seen and his body was consumed by the flames until only a giant piece of carbonized flesh was on the ground.

The skill deactivated after no one was threatening me again and I've regained control of myself. I could notice [Instincts Overdrive] was not done after I evolved into a dragon and its little takeover was a cold shower i was still not safe from it.

“You did it!!! Tho, your dinner now is a giant piece of coal. I think you exaggerate a little” Amity joked as she appeared out of nowhere near me, looking at the black corpse on the dirt.

“I...Guess?” I said, not knowing what to say.

12