Chapter 48: Future Monetary Headache
302 5 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The transformation hurt less this time around as I felt my body being broken down and changed down to the molecular scale. After it was over I grabbed the table with my furry hand for stability as I stood with my two feet. Everyone in the table, except Amity, Zenshin and Jana were with their eyes wide and mouths almost hitting the floor.

"Oh, so that's how he did it" Jana said, nodding her head, while Amity was grinning like a child.

"Hey, Innev, I think you might check my head again… I think I'm seeing stuff" Joh'ner said.

"Hey, B'erene, from where did you buy this food? I think it may be drugged or something" Celeber asked. "I swear I saw the dragon turn into a naked beastmen child"

"I actually did turn into a…Wait… naked?" I looked at my body, but I only saw fur. Then I looked over at Celeber and B'erene and noticed that both of them were using normal clothes. I looked at myself again just in time for a super convenient breeze to pass by and brush against my intimate parts.

I froze for a few seconds as I felt my blood rush through my head as I blushed and quickly covered everything that shouldn't be publicly visible with my hands.

"This was a horrible idea!" I almost shouted as I moved backwards to any tree so I could hide myself behind it wishing the ground would open up and swallow me whole.

***

After having borrowed a set of clothes from Joh'ner, who was the smallest of their group and just as tall as I was when standing up but twice my weight, I sat at the table again. I didn't know if I could blush under the fur on my entire body, but if I could I was undoubtedly blushing hard right now.

"So, now that we established that we weren't under the effects of drugs or any other mental hallucination…" Celeber paused as she took a deep breath while her team plus Kora and Staash were looking at me curiously. "How the fuck did you just shapeshift into a beastmen? That's not something someone can do… is it?" She asked the last part towards Kora and Staash.

"If it is, it shouldn't be possible for someone so young" Kora answered.

"It… it is something I can do" I said, almost stuttering as I just realized I've been walking around naked this entire time. "I…don't suppose there are clothes for dragons, are there?"

"There actually are some clothes for pet white dragons and wyverns, but for dragons specifically, I don't think so" Eleno said.

"But for you? Forget it. Your clothes would catch fire the moment you put them on. Your body heat is amazingly contained inside of a bubble around you, but I saw the temperatures it can reach. Besides, dragons don't normally wear clothes, that's something of the other races" Staash said.

"I didn't think about it that much, but now I realized I've literally walked around as I came to the world, well, not really because I evolved since then, but you get the point… urgh I want the ground to open up and eat me whole" I said.

"It's not that bad, relax" Amity said while patting my head.

I took a deep breath and let it out in a long sigh to calm myself.

"So, now that you calmed down, would you mind explaining to us how you turned from a dragon to a beastmen?" Celeber said.

"It's a thing I can do, really" I answered.

"You can transform into a dragon?" Eugeo asked.

"Yes, if we are technically speaking. I am a dragon that can transform into other stuff, but the change back to my dragonself could be viewed as transforming into a dragon in a technical term" I said.

"I could argue with you and say that you are a changeling, but not even changelings can pass as another species like you are doing right now. Heck, even when I used [Appraisal] it said you were a beastmen" Celeber said.

"Celeber!" B'erene said out loud looking at her. "How many times do I have to say that appraising anybody is bad manners? And worse, right in front of dragons? And even worse, using [Appraisal] on a dragon!? Do you want to get slapped down?"

"Sorry…" She said.

"...Anyway… the important thing is that I can do this, so there won't be a problem with entering the city, right?" I asked.

"Well, not much, you are using Joh'ner clothes and they are a bit too big for a…8 year old?" Eugeo said and then asked for my age.

"Almost, 1 week old" I said normally.

"1 week old, okay, so, the clothes are too big for a 1 week…." Eugeo stopped mid-sentence and looked straight into my eyes as he hit the ice table with both his hands and stood up. "1 week old!?"

This time it was only Amity who burst laughing, but I could see Staash grinning with my peripheral vision.

A loud clap hurt my ears as B'erene clapped her hands using some sort of magic to amplify the sound wave as I felt a wave of magic and the sound wave itself brushing past my fur.

"Guys, we're sidetracking" She said.

"Right. So, Denaru" Celeber said to me. "We're going to take you to the city. Anyone else want to go?"

Jana expressed curiosity towards the city and Amity was basically jumping up and down chanting "City, city, city!"

"Okay…. Do you have any documents for entering the city?" Celeber asked, but when all of us, except Kora and Staash, shook our heads she sighed. "Of course… there's no problem in that, you'll just have to pay the entrance fee plus the temporary documentation, do you have any money with you?" She asked, but one look at Jana and she had her answer.

"Oh, I have!" Amity said to save the day.

"Okay, that's something" Celeber said before turning towards Staash and Kora. "So, our little game got very very very sidetracked. After we come back, we would like to play another match with you two, normal rules this time, okay?"

"Of course, next time we will be the ones who actually clean the floor with you" Staash said.

We all got up after finishing eating, excluding me, who was still full after all that eating, and began to gather up while Staash and Kora went back to their caves to prepare some room for us after we returned.

As we were leaving, a glowing shard fell from the sky in front of us and stopped at chest level. It floated towards Amity and she caught it. The moment her hands touched the glowing shard, it began to liquefy and wrap around her wrist.

"Oh Gods, are you alright? That's why you move out of the way of random magical phenomena", Innev said as she began to go towards Amity, but she just put her hand for him to stop, and he did.

The glowing liquid changed once more and formed a bracelet that had the appearance of an elongated dragon that wrapped around her forearm. Its scales were dark as a black hole and its eyes were and at the same time weren't pitch black, it was a confusing perspective as it was both black and reflective.

Amity stood there, looking at the dragon bracelet for a few moments before looking at us.

"Sorry, a friend just dropped a huge responsibility on my lap and now I have to stop the Demon Lords from tearing themselves apart like a bunch of underleveled goblins. Here, the money for the fees" Amity tossed a coin at me, that I caught while in the air and simply vanished into thin air. 

Zenshin looked over at the coin she just tossed before shaking his head and vanishing as well at the same time his voice echoed in my mind. 

You might want to be careful as to who you show this coin to. He said as he vanished like Amity.

"Okay, that was unexpected. Also, did she just throw you a coin? I don't think she knows how much would be for two people to regis-" Celeber's words got cut in the middle as she saw the coin in my hand and fell backwards in the ground. Immediately her team came to her side and helped her to get up.

"T-that…W-who was t-that woman?" She asked as she was shocked and a little pale.

"What do you mean? She's Amity and that's all I know, really" I said.

"The coin in your hand… it's an orichalcum coin!" She almost shouted, but managed to keep a low profile. Her team eye's went wide in shock as she stated the nature of the coin in my hands.

I looked at the coin. It was a blue metal coin with a series of magical inscriptions along its circumference, but that was the only thing that made it different from a metal button, as the other parts of the coin were just a smooth plate of blue metal. I looked over at Jana, but she only shrugged as she didn't know the value of it either.

"She said something about Demon Lords, didn't she?" Eleno said, looking pale and as soon as his words got out of his mouth, the others paled too.

I looked at them with confusion in my face, and thankfully Celeber answered.

"That's one of the most valuable coins accepted in any territory. It has the worth of one hundred mythril coins, and each mythril coin is worth one hundred gold coins" She said, but as my confusion didn't vanish, she continued. "It's the smallest coin that countries will negotiate with"

I looked at the coin in my hands again.

"...this will give me such a headache…" I said as the sun shone in the coin and made it glitter.

8