Chapter 52: Arcadian Language
267 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Buying clothes wasn't that bad, actually, tho it did take a while as the clothes weren't that good looking, mostly mainly because I had to choose something that would allow me to shapeshift into other forms and that was at least fire resistant. I tried to ask for a cloth that was fire immune, but was laughed in my face by the vendors who said that there wasn't fire immune materials as the, and I quote, "theoretical fire Immunity skill is just a dream in the mages minds as the highest achievable skill was [Fire Resistance] Lv. 10". I don't even need to say that I kept my mouth shut about having two Immunity skills. The clothes themselves were bought in the pet section of the shop as it was the only place where we could buy something close to what I needed. I must say… It felt humiliating having to choose clothes that people would normally buy for their dogs, and I didn't even want to look at the employees on their faces as every time I looked their faces were filled with such self obsession that the only thing lacking was them telling me that being a pet was my rightful place. Needless to say that if Jana and the others weren't there to distract me by asking what I thought about the clothes I would totally punch them in their face with my full strength.

I ended up with a set of plain dark blue shirts and black shorts. I wouldn't use it much as it was only temporary until I had found someone that didn't make me want to puke just by thinking about the faces. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but it wasn't uncomfortable either, it's somewhere in between. I guess it makes sense as the shop we visited was intended for low income guild members and it was Eugeo and the others who paid for it.

We left the Guild Society building, which looked more like a shopping center than an office building that I imagined when I first heard the term. For some weird reason, when I left the building I felt like passing through a screen of water, just like when I entered the first time. I used the opportunity to ask about it.

"Hey, just a question. What is the thing you feel when you pass through the door?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Eleno asked me back.

"When you pass through the door, there's like a wall made of energy or something, isn't it?" I asked again.

"Ermmm. No? There's nothing of the sort on it. Do you guys feel anything when passing through?" Eleno asked his team members, but all of them answered no. Even Jana said she didn't feel it either. Just what is that thing?

We walked over the city at a leisure pace, and I took the chance to observe the differences in culture from Earth to this world. The major one is the clear use of magic in everything. Buildings filled with magic on their walls and glasses that I can only begin to see thanks to [Magicule Detection] skill, street lights shining with a warm light from a crystal on top of a magical formation. If one disregards the extreme medieval theme going around, it would actually pass as a modern city made with magic instead of electricity and technology.

As we walked in the main road at dark, I began to feel something weird deep inside me. It was a strange feeling that was extremely hard to put into words, but if I had to try it would be something akin to "fate is converging"... I know… it's a stupid phrase directly from any cultivation novel you can find on the internet, but it was the perfectly phrase to describe the feeling that was building up deep in myself. 

As I was about to say something to the others, a weird light began flashing my eyes, making me stumble against a light pole.

"Hey, is everything alright? Do you need to sit down?" Jana asked me, worry begging to show in her face.

"Yeah, just some light shone in my eyes for a moment" I said, but the flashing continued.

I didn't ask them if they couldn't see it, because it was obvious that they couldn't. The light was a color I don't know the name of and literally never saw, meaning that my unique biology was allowing me to see it, although badly as it was extremely blurry light.

"Actually, let me stay here for a moment" I said, but apparently my words weren't the best choice of words as she looked more worried now.

I began to concentrate on my eyes and tried to partially deactivate [True Mimic] on them. I knew I could, because I had already done so when I inadvertently shifted half of my body on that wagon with Amity. Of course, changing half my body was easier than changing just my two eyeballs. 

As the skill partially deactivated, I felt the region around my eyeballs shift together with my eyes and I immediately knew why more than just my eyes shifted as I felt them grow bigger and anatomically disproportionate from my head.

"Wow, that's a disturbing sight" Eugeo said as they noticed that me and Jana had stopped and came back to see what's happening.

If I had been able to see myself from another perspective, I would comment on how I looked like an anime character with the big draconic eyes. At least my idea was right and I could clearly see the light flashing quickly and almost rhythmically.

What is this? I thought as I activated [Appraisal] and [Knowledge Library] twice, with one instance being fed the results of [Appraisal] directly.

[ Electromagnetic radiation on the microwave spectrum modulated for information carrier on the Arcadian Standard Communication Frequency band. Downloading language… ]

[ Communication being sent by electromagnetic signals using arcadian Standard Military Grade Encryption. Downloading interpreter and encryption code… ]

[ Proficiency points have reached the threshold. Extra skills [Arcadian Language] Lv. 3, [Electromagnetic Waves Information] Lv. 3, [Digital Communication Information] Lv. 3 and [Arcadian Military Encryption] Lv. 3 successfully obtained ]

[ Skill [Knowledge Library] has derived [Arcadian Standard Encryption] Lv. 3 from [Arcadian Military Encryption] ]
[ Skill [Parallel Processing] evolved [Digital Electromagnetic Frequency Translator] from [Electromagnetic Waves Information] and [Digital Communication Information] ]
[ Skill [Arcadian Language] Lv. 7 has been merged from [ Arcadian Language] Lv. 3, [Arcadian Military Encryption] Lv. 3 and [Arcadian Standard Encryption] Lv. 3 ]

[...Success]

[...Success]

After the flood of System notification on my vision, I quickly opened my entire status screen after so long not opening it.

Name: Denaru Theris (Marcos Leandro)

Age: 0

Species: Baby Solar Dragon 

Lv. 5 

Status: Nominal

HP -  3000/3000 

MP -  5630/8000 

SP -  7000/7000  -  6200/7000 

Strength        - 9000 

Defense         - 9000 

Magic           - 13200 

Magical Defense - 14300 

Dexterity       - 4000 

Stealth         - 4000 

Precision       - 4000 

 

Titles - 

[Pest Control]

[Tireless Fighter]

[Slaughterer]

[Twister of Fate]

[Merciful Hero]

Skills -

[Racial] Dragon Scales Lv. 1 

[Racial] Passive Growth Lv. 1 

[Racial] Elemental Breath Lv. 1

[Racial] Instincts Overdrive

[Racial] Heat Immunity

[Racial] Radiation Immunity

[Unique] Knowledge Library Lv. 4

[Unique] True Mimic Lv. 3

[Normal] Appraisal Lv. 4

[Normal] Magicule Detection Lv. 1

[Normal] Magicule Manipulation Lv. 1

[Normal] Automatic HP Recovery Lv. 4

[Normal] Parallel Processing Lv. 6

[Normal] Faint Resistance Lv. 7

[Normal] Abnormal Mental Condition Resistance Lv. 6

[Normal] Evasion Lv. 3

[Normal] Hero Lv. 1 

[Normal] Fire Magic Lv. 1

[Normal] Thought Acceleration Lv. 2

[Normal] Digital Electromagnetic Frequency Translator Lv. 1

[Extra] Regeneration Lv. 3

[Extra] Pain Reduction Lv. 6

[Extra] Humania Language Lv.3

[Extra] Vocalization

[Extra] Arcadian Language Lv. 7

 

True Mimic Registry –

- Horned Rabbit

- White Dragon

- Forest Orc

- Pantherino Negro

 

 

I looked at it for a moment and was just amazed by how many skills I had and basically all of them were some kind of support skill. If they weren't somehow implanted in my mind of what they do, kinda, I doubt I would be able to keep track of so many. I would probably acquire many more if I kept going like this, but I doubt this speed is something normal.

I closed my status screen and turned back towards the flashing lights again. This time when my eyes caught them, I activated my new skill, [Digital Electromagnetic Frequency Translator] and the results began appearing in my mind as sound and text.

"-gined he would use one of my hunters so carelessly… it doesn't matter, do you have enough boronita to activate the reactor?" A woman's voice said, in another language that I could understand due to my language skill, as the lights passed through the translator skill.

<Affirmative, this unit has access to enough boronita for a Quantum-Flux reactor to run for approximately 15 hours and 36 minutes> A text answer was sent.

"Good. If that little demon wants so badly for you to cause a dungeon break, then let's give him the worst dungeon break he has ever seen. Go to the core room, set up a reactor there and set it to overload, if the dungeon itself doesn't use the massive amount of magicules released then natural monster manifestation will take care" the voice said. "Oh, one more thing. How is his little search for the Genesis Seals going?"

<He didn't discover anything by himself, but found out that some of the higher ups in some of the more ancient kingdoms have a clue about their whereabouts. He also knows that the more old Demon Lords know their location, but he knows if he pursues this course he's sure to be dead> the text said.

"I see… Just play nice with him for the time being. Remember your primary mission" the choice said and the signals were cut, the flashing lights in my vision vanishing as well.

I reactivated my skill and my eyes turned back to being ordinary beastman eyes. I looked at Joh'ner and asked.

"What is a dungeon break?" I said.

"Dungeon break? It's when there's so many monsters in a dungeon they spew out like a water fountain. Why?" He answered.

"There's someone or something trying to cause a dungeon break" I said, honestly.

"What?" They all said in unison.

"What I said" I said.

"If someone's trying to start a dungeon break we need to warn the Dungeon Guild, and fast" B'erene.

"I agree. Where do we need to go?" Jana said.

"Back to the Guild Society building. Let's go" She said as we all turned and began to run towards the Guild Society.

4